NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The Cavs seemed to realize the refs were going to let play be more physical, so their brilliant strategy wasn't to body up and play tough inside, but to literally just continuing running straight into Curry on the perimeter with a shoulder and grabbing him on every cut/screen and marvel that the refs wouldn't call a foul. And of course they get away with it because the refs suddenly want to allow physical play as long as it extends the series, but game 7 they'll start calling it again and the Cavs will be confused and the refs will play dumb. Pussy ass NBA can't even get 'physical play' right, allowing all the dumb grabby shit that slows down offenses, while of course calling a ton of ticky-tack fouls on jump shots and ignoring other rapey-tack fouls depending on who is involved. With of course both sides complaining like bitches constantly. Exciting stuff!

People say the brand is soft, but I say the problem with the NBA is an identity issue and inconsistency. It wasn't bad for the brand when Jordan would drive and get drilled. It's bad for the brand to have Lebron take 3+ steps to the basket as the announcers herald him the strongest most dominate force in all of basketball then a foul gets called where he flops like a bitch and they stop the game to review it for a tech and on replay he was barely touched despite acting like he got sniper shot in the head and actually elbowed the defender several times as I swear he and Kyrie do on every drive that is only called 1 in 20 times at which point the strongest most dominate force in all basketball is practically jumping up and down in tantrum.

My prediction now is Warriors still win in 7, but game 6 will go into 10 overtimes until the Cavs finally pull out the win against the 4 Warriors that haven't fouled out to make sure the NBA has it's game 7.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
minus all the fluff from that article, I'm just happy to hear this guy is a gym rat.

Lots of talk about the Wolves going hard for Butler.

The sixers have talked so little about Dunn, I'm starting to think they really want him and it wouldn't shock me if they end up trading to get him. Can't wait till the Draft!
I love Jimmy Buckets but I don't see this deal happening. I think the Bulls would demand Wiggins and we'd probably counter with Lavine maybe? Lavine and #5 for Butler? Celtics could offer Smart and #3 which probably trumps that. The Wolves talk makes sense with Thibs, but I don't really see MN giving up what they'd have to. I'm not as sold on Wiggins as some others, but it would be silly to trade him at this point. Would they do Lavine, Dieng and #5 to get Butler? That deal might be fair, but I'd probably just stick with what we have. I like Butler. He's still young and on a great contract, but I also like the Wolves future just sticking with what we have.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'd trade you the #9 for the #5.
Should we start the offseason thread now since the Finals was a sweep and not competitive at all?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Dream ending to this series:

Warriors win with Green kicking LeBron square in the nuts as the final buzzer sounds out.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Murray can't play a lick of defense and Dunn can't hold on to the ball. It's likely neither of those guys are starters in the NBA. I'm not saying thats impossible, or that they can't be solid rotation guys, but #5 in this draft isn't guaranteeing a team a player like it would in others.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, I'm at the point that'd I'd rather just hold onto what we have and maybe make a deal at the trade deadline. There is this weird sense of urgency to trade a big now and I just don't see the rush. I think Dunn will be a really good player but he does have work to do. I'd be willing to gamble on Murray tho. He has plenty of potential and can shoot. Unless Lakers are still interested in trading that #2 pick. Going to be a fun night to watch, even if trades come after FA, but like I said, if they are bent on trading this year, these are the guys I'd like to see us trade for.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sucks that Green missed the game. Because I truly think that could have been the difference. But they did lose a game.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Draymond Green is openly suggesting he is the Warriors most important player, as he told the media that the series would of been over if he played in game 5. He is already the emotional and verbal leader, on top of being their swagdaddy, as the team usually follow his lead and feeds off of his gesticulating and chest thumping. But blatantly making a comment like that, whether true or not, is kind of self important, as Curry is obviously their best player. MVP 2 years running, broke every long distance shooting record, went 90/50/40, lead the league in steals, and has had huge scoring games that ended up swinging crucial games down the stretch.

NBA types have been whispering he is the team MVP, but its just too hard a sell when Curry is the best player in the league never mind on his own team. Some could argue that Klay Thompson is just as valuable (as Green). But the numbers are staggering when he is on the court at center, something stupid like a 80 point swing in plus minus. If the Warriors blow the Cavs out tomm and Green plays a big part he is probably Finals MVP (Iggy won it last year...lol) and there will be more chatter about his perceived value on the team in comparison to Curry.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Draymond Green is openly suggesting he is the Warriors most important player, as he told the media that the series would of been over if he played in game 5. He is already the emotional and verbal leader, on top of being their swagdaddy, as the team usually follow his lead and feeds off of his gesticulating and chest thumping. But blatantly making a comment like that, whether true or not, is kind of self important, as Curry is obviously their best player. MVP 2 years running, broke every long distance shooting record, went 90/50/40, lead the league in steals, and has had huge scoring games that ended up swinging crucial games down the stretch.

NBA types have been whispering he is the team MVP, but its just too hard a sell when Curry is the best player in the league never mind on his own team. Some could argue that Klay Thompson is just as valuable (as Green). But the numbers are staggering when he is on the court at center, something stupid like a 80 point swing in plus minus. If the Warriors blow the Cavs out tomm and Green plays a big part he is probably Finals MVP (Iggy won it last year...lol) and there will be more chatter about his perceived value on the team in comparison to Curry.
I can't believe he is their MVP when he played like shit against OKC and they still pulled it out. Klay was the man who kept them in it when Curry wasn't being Curry.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Stop misconstruing what he said. He said if he played in Game 5 there would be no Game 6. Which is probably true.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
Green isn't the absolute best at anything, but at the same time he's above average at everything. Can get you points (even 3s), solid defense, good passing, rebounds, and he's good at nut kicking (maybe best at this).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Solid defense? What? He's finished second in DPOY two years straight. He's an elite defender and an exceptional passer. It's what makes the SBDS work - all the players are excellent passers.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't believe he is their MVP when he played like shit against OKC and they still pulled it out. Klay was the man who kept them in it when Curry wasn't being Curry.
Stat wise, sure. I don't think it's a coincidence, though, that opposing teams tend to tire themselves out trying to chase Curry around the court all game and then fall apart half way to the 3rd and into the 4th quarter. Seems to be a consistent theme that Curry will be smothered for the first half and then all of a sudden keeps getting open 3s as it gets closer to the 4th.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You could make a convincing argument that Green is the MVP of the Warriors.

Now don't jump down my throat. I said argument. Curry is the best player in the world, and you need elite scorers around Draymond like Steph and Klay to allow Green to do what he does best, but talking impact on the score, Green impacts that at nearly the same level as Curry.

Draymond probably doesn't have this same impact on a team like the 76ers. He would still be good, but he's the type of player you need the right pieces around. Does that then disqualify him from the MVP discussion? I don't know.