NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Put on 30 lbs over the summer (take PEDs), what could go wrong?

Philly's strategy of losing games until they are good continues.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ben got his surgery today. Wentz well. Hopefully he's back sometime in January.

Really looking forward to seeing the Sixers play tonight. Embiid only playing 12 minutes but it's still great to see him finally on the court. Saric should get a lot of time now with Ben down as well.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jojo had the whole Detroit team and coach hating on him last night. Good times.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Durability of his foot long term is scary to me, but injuries aside, I think he's the best big on that team and there isn't really much competition. He might not have the iso scoring ability Jahlil has, but that's an overrated skill in today's NBA anyway. He should be much more versatile offensively, and much better at protecting the rim (Okafor is awful at this so hard to be worse). Noel probably moves better laterally, making him better if drawn out to the perimeter or when icing/hedging screens. But yeah. Loved Embiid his draft year. Seems like a good kid too. Hope the injures don't end up a recurring problem.

Edit: Guess if you consider Simmons a big then I'm wrong, but we still consider him a wing at this point, right?

Last edited:

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, I think he's still considered a wing. I was interested to see how they would play him. Lots of talk of him being the 1 to bring the ball up then switch to 4 on D. Sucks we lost him for a few months but it gives Saric time to develop. Saric has been too passive imo but i think he's still just feeling out the NBA game.

Embiid is so fun to watch, he has the personality to boot so it's going to be pretty entertaining. His foot has already been testing on some awkward landings so I'm glad it's holding up. I think we can pull off 25 wins this year!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's just the same foot injury that has caused others to retire early. That would be my worry.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hear you, he could have a short career, hope not but it's always going to be in the back of peoples minds.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe the season is starting so soon...need to write a pre-season article, but between work, the Cubs playoff run, and the Vikings 5-0 start...I'm finding it hard to follow basketball right now.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Cavs home opener and championship ceremony is on Tuesday. Tuesday is also game 1 of the World Series less than a 5 minute walk away. Tuesday Cleveland is the sports capital of the universe.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm so ready for basketball. Great opener with the Spurs on Tuesday.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slaythe Slaythe looks like sixers are talking to the wolves for Tyrus Jones. I'm guessing there is a chance Noel's name is in there.. You guys would obviously have to give up more but It wouldn't shock me if this gets done.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Tyus to the Cavs for Shump is a rumor I've heard too. I don't think Noel is realistic. We aren't trading LaVine/Wiggins/Towns obviously and we already refused a monster deal on draft night that included Noel for Dunn. All indications are Dunn isn't ready to take over the offense, so we've pushed back on teams inquiring about Rubio. I don't doubt that the 6ers have interest in Tyus but I doubt they're offering up anyone meaningful.