NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
LeBron won a title for Cleveland. CLEVELAND! That's gotta count for a lot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
LeBron won a title for Cleveland. CLEVELAND! That's gotta count for a lot.
Plus Indians in first place, and clearly Mayfield will turn it around for the Browns. Cleveland on it's way to becoming a sports juggernaut!

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Warriors really do no fuck around when they come out for 3rd quarters.

Frustrating going up against this team. Whole team is very capable of knocking down shots from basically anywhere. You can see the Pelicans start to press during Warriors' runs, run down, and throw up trash trying to keep up.

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Goodnight sweet Jingles and Mitchell. You made me hate the NBA less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Goodnight sweet Jingles and Mitchell. You made me hate the NBA less.

Sadly it had to end, but was great while it lasted. I generally only watch games here-and-there but the Jazz team was fun to watch throughout the season that I caught myself watching NBA a great deal more. Won't lie, I think it also has to do with the fact that I actually have recent players (Rozier & Mitchell) from my college actually doing amazing things, so that helps.

• 1Like

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I have no dog in this fight. But that is embarrassing for the league and the media mouth breathers that voted on it.

Edit: you know what? Fuck the Celtics, their coach, and their fans. Why the hell do I care anything for that franchise and that city?

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Casey gets COY and Stevens gets zero votes.

That was the Coach's Association one I believe, not the 'main' COY award voted on by the media and League.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was not being voted on by other coaches out of spite. He's still "new blood" in the league and beating coaches that are a good 15-20yrs older than him.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
COY awards are kind of dumb in general. It's not about who's the best coach it's about some narrative of some team playing above expectations. If it was just the best coach you'd mostly get the same guys winning it all the time, how many of these things should Popavich and Jackson have?

• 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah this wasn't the "real" COY award, it was the NBCA award. It's still retarded though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Now that Philly and Utah are done...Who gets rookie of the year honors?

Tatum, Simmons or Mitchell?

I didn't catch most of the Utah series, but Simmons was stomped in the Boston series by Tatum.

Sterling

El Presidente
Now that Philly and Utah are done...Who gets rookie of the year honors?

Tatum, Simmons or Mitchell?

I didn't catch most of the Utah series, but Simmons was stomped in the Boston series by Tatum.
Would be very surprised if it didn't end up being Simmons. It's a regular season award and even aside from that 1 series is a small sample.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dwayne Casey is fired. How amazing will it be if he wins Coach of the Year?

And, I think he actually did some good improvements this year and that he's not some terrible coach and it is only a regular season award.... but still.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Its a refusal to admit that that roster has a ceiling of the ECF. But since the major pieces are all still under contract next year, Casey obviously the easiest piece of the puzzle to switch out. Most the deals expire after next season, so that's when they can really blow it up if they want. Or if next season isn't going as well as this one did they might try to trade some of the pieces for picks.