NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah dude just isn't efficient enough to be in the top tier. Obviously stats aren't everything, but they do matter. Look at VORP. The difference between 1 and 3 (Jokic and Gianis) is the same gap as 3 and 17. That's crazy.

They matter like you say. It's one of the reasons I'm not a Tatum guy, but have to give him credit. I look at the Celtics games, and then the box scores, and wonder HTF is he so good.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They matter like you say. It's one of the reasons I'm not a Tatum guy, but have to give him credit. I look at the Celtics games, and then the box scores, and wonder HTF is he so good.

Keep on saying that until it comes Finals time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anthony Edwards Nba GIF by EsZ  Giphy World

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I won't be comfortable till we have 4 wins against them this series. lol It's just the Twolves fan way.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Definitely not counting the Nuggets out. But that was a pathetic performance in what is traditionally considered a must win game. You can't get swept in your two home openers.

Sterling

El Presidente
They shot under 35 percent. You're not winning shit shooting 29/83 when the other team shoots 42/84.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Definitely not counting the Nuggets out. But that was a pathetic performance in what is traditionally considered a must win game. You can't get swept in your two home openers.

Ya. You never count out the reigning champs until it's REALLY over.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
On another note. Didn't Brunson play with Luka? I guess it takes years from some dudes to really come into their own.

Sterling

El Presidente
On another note. Didn't Brunson play with Luka? I guess it takes years from some dudes to really come into their own.
I mean he's 27 now. He's also 4th in the league in usage rate. Luka is 1st in usage by a big margin. So not really shocking that he had to leave to become what he is right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yes, and the Mavs cut him loose because they couldn't "afford" to pay him. However, since Luka and Brunson have such similar play styles, it really wasn't going to work out anyway. Kyrie is far more of a facilitator than Brunson and is a much better compliment to Luka. However, Brunson is definitely a top-tier All-Star caliber player. Nothing against him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yes, and the Mavs cut him loose because they couldn't "afford" to pay him. However, since Luka and Brunson have such similar play styles, it really wasn't going to work out anyway. Kyrie is far more of a facilitator than Brunson and is a much better compliment to Luka. However, Brunson is definitely a top-tier All-Star caliber player. Nothing against him.

Brunson didn’t get paid because he got utterly erased in the previous playoff run. He didn’t show his real potential until their WCF run after his extension deadline passed and he was basically already in a Knicks uniform with his Dad.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Brunson didn’t get paid because he got utterly erased in the previous playoff run. He didn’t show his real potential until their WCF run after his extension deadline passed and he was basically already in a Knicks uniform with his Dad.
Even if he had shown out the year before, the Mavs weren't going to pay him what the Knicks were given how that roster was constructed.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Best player in the world shot 64/25/57 with a 7:4 assist to turnover ratio in a blowout win, while being guarded in large part by Justin Holiday.

It’s debatable if he’s even the best player on the Timberwolves.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I thought Kahwi was the next great face of the NBA... Gets confusing trying to keep up. I mean, we know they aren't going to mold a white player into Lebron's successor, even if European, so hopefully one of these bruthas steps up and avoids the thuggery that sunk Morant when he was being groomed. And why not MVP winner Joel Embid? Why isn't he in the conversation?

• 1Like