New Progression Server confirmed

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That reminded me of me.
frown.png
I was a lot more humble mind you, claiming to be the best warrior on my WoW server when a bear tank talked shit at me in my little 10 man guild. A few weeks later I heard from our server's top guild that he was applying there. I gave him a decent reference, but asked that he be told it was "from the best warrior on the server".
smile.png
My stat weight thread for tanks was still a sticky on their forums. Fuck being hardcore. It's too much effort for too little reward.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
intersting. does sky need the buff?
I think so, others may disagree. Its too easy to farm sister/lord right now. It'd be nice to have every named a little bit more difficult, every island is a joke right now except maybe bees. Even then bees is pretty trivial even with 30 people.

Eye definitely needs a buff, noble definitely needs a huge increase, hand and overseer need some tweaks but not a ton.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Making Sky harder is fine but if they are going to do that I'd like them to put in a little extra work and revamp some of the drops and loot tables. I'm happy to see the big haste items and melee weapons get assembled but so much of that gear boils down to +mana if you are a caster. I care more about drops from Fear mini bosses than I do anything in Sky. You could do nothing but put just a couple (1-2) focus effects on caster Sky gear and the whole thing would be a big deal all of a sudden.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
If I've met 15 year olds playing on UO private servers (UOF) then there has to be some on EQ.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Dude the sky changes are going to be so great. Even bees feels a lot easier than last time. The only sad part is that so many guilds got fully keyed already. I bet a lot skip past bees every time after the changes.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow.. took awhile to catch up but this is half sad and half hilarious.

First, who's competing? All this different league, mention of tiers, etc. is a bit ridiculous. You're finishing first place in a one man race. Why is that even a discussion. On that same note, i'm assuming that we're all a good 10-15 years older than we were when we last played this game (depending when you began), how does someone even get into this discussion?

For anyone surprised at the posts and discussions on the Live forums, you're simply naive. People are attempting to recreate experiences that simply do not exist. EQ is far beyond the game it once was even from a coding perspective. Not to mention the playerbase is incredibly diverse in terms of their life. Thus everyone is simply grasping at straws in hopes of manipulating the rules to somehow fit their life and create their ideal experience.

This is unbelievable though. At first I laughed at the banter but the realized this isn't a bunch of 16-18 year olds squabbling over EQ.

Anyway... here's hoping the EQ2 PVP TLPS works out. I hate I completely missed the boat on EQ. I went on vacation and then we had 4 people retire somewhat unexpectedly at work. So there went 10-12 hours of my day and/or nights down the drain. I'm just hoping that my house doesn't go into foreclosure or my mini van gets repo'd because i'm not longer a top cleric in a raiding guild.

Have fun guys and enjoy the nostalgia. Kudos to you guys attempting to keep DBG on track but given the track record, I wouldn't come to some major argument due to their ignorance.

p0rkbelly_sl

shitlord
So, I finally succumbed and subscribed. Ready to roll on LJ.

Classes that interest me include: Shaman, Necro, Warrior, and Monk. Believe that Shaman and Monks make a pretty nice combo?

What's the deal with a guild invite as well? Wouldn't mind joining in on some witty banter from forum acquaintances and people who know what they're doing...

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I finally got some well deserved sleep and now I'm back at work again. I still think some of you guys are pussies, but I shouldn't have attacked so heavily. Obviously I don't have a problem with more casual play styles, I have plenty of friends that are like that. It just irritates me with all the hate and lies people spread about TL. I don't care for glory, I just don't want to be slandered all the time. Hackers, no lifes, ect ect.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's apparent but TL is its own worst enemy when it comes to bad press. You're attitude in every single post makes people want to crap on your lawns. Stop with the "rawr you guys are teh pussy!1" stuff and people probably wouldn't think you are a pathetic try hard.

Not to mention I don't think anyone was even discussing TL when you came in like you were over dosing on Aderall.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Faceless gets the same thing tbph.
That's a shame. It's understood that the top dog always get hate, but my understanding is that faceless goes out of it's way to help the community.

It's apparent but TL is its own worst enemy when it comes to bad press. You're attitude in every single post makes people want to crap on your lawns. Stop with the "rawr you guys are teh pussy!1" stuff and people probably wouldn't think you are a pathetic try hard.

Not to mention I don't think anyone was even discussing TL when you came in like you were over dosing on Aderall.
TL was mentioned in that people were talking about moving back to Ragefire to compete with us. It's more that faceless blast their rhetoric all over the place about how they do this and this so fast, yet run from any and all real competition.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I finally got some well deserved sleep and now I'm back at work again. I still think some of you guys are pussies, but I shouldn't have attacked so heavily. Obviously I don't have a problem with more casual play styles, I have plenty of friends that are like that. It just irritates me with all the hate and lies people spread about TL. I don't care for glory, I just don't want to be slandered all the time. Hackers, no lifes, ect ect.
Yea, and keep in mind who's attacking - recently all I've said is that some members do shady shit and should get canned if your leadership wanted to send a clear example to the server of what is condoned and that you guys don't want to negotiate. Which is just facts.

You treated me like I was dragging you guys through the mud and over the coals - I see nothing wrong with what you guys are doing within the ruleset - I however FEEL THE RULESET IS WRONG and that either a secondary option type to reduce the risk or otherwise or adjustments to the ruleset to make others feel less constrained by your effectiveness. (Which as I hope you've seen now - my answers range the gammut - most succinct and my personal favorite right now would be to throw up a third TLP [I guess with the no-box code they've discussed, I hate that idea though - but worth the sacrifice, I'd just have to figure out how to work the laptop into my desk comfortably] with it starting locked at PoP + bonuses for like a year then normal progression after ZERO other changes - gives people plenty of room to spread out XPwise, gives plenty of room raidwise, and if people start bumping heads in either case LDoN is there for an alternate raiding/grouping option that's generally less preferred, TSS rebalancing was done with PoP era power levels in mind so class balance shouldn't wacky, etc - but gives a "flee from drama" option - best of all worlds, literally ZERO work besides setting up a server and setting the dates for unlocks)

Although I will say, I treat the TL folks that post like trolls like trolls - but that would go no matter their guild. Hexaholic, Jamz, TL_KRONOLORD and a few others. I don't slam TL, I slam them, because they post with terrible attitudes or thoughtlessness. [I've gone after Apok people for similar nonsense I know for sure - don't know enough RF people to have been that involved in too many though - I've been told I've slammed some others for being dicks, but don't know their affiliations since so many don't list theirs in a sig]

Ones that post intelligently I speak intelligently back to - Detheb, Wycca, You (barring whatever this mental schism today was), Ducreux, Bling, Irbax_Smoo, MabbuEQ, and probably some others I'm forgetting ATM. And some that are in the process of turning a leaf like Gregolo and someone else who's name is evading me ATM - honestly right now for TL posters on EQLive, I would love to sit down and hang out at Fan Faire or whatever with almost all of you - besides that short troll list.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, and keep in mind who's attacking - recently all I've said is that some members do shady shit and should get canned if your leadership wanted to send a clear example to the server of what is condoned and that you guys don't want to negotiate. Which is just facts.

You treated me like I was dragging you guys through the mud and over the coals - I see nothing wrong with what you guys are doing within the ruleset - I however FEEL THE RULESET IS WRONG and that either a secondary option type to reduce the risk or otherwise or adjustments to the ruleset to make others feel less constrained by your effectiveness. (Which as I hope you've seen now - my answers range the gammut - most succinct and my personal favorite right now would be to throw up a third TLP [I guess with the no-box code they've discussed, I hate that idea though - but worth the sacrifice, I'd just have to figure out how to work the laptop into my desk comfortably] with it starting locked at PoP + bonuses for like a year then normal progression after ZERO other changes - gives people plenty of room to spread out XPwise, gives plenty of room raidwise, and if people start bumping heads in either case LDoN is there for an alternate raiding/grouping option that's generally less preferred, TSS rebalancing was done with PoP era power levels in mind so class balance shouldn't wacky, etc - but gives a "flee from drama" option - best of all worlds, literally ZERO work besides setting up a server and setting the dates for unlocks)

Although I will say, I treat the TL folks that post like trolls like trolls - but that would go no matter their guild. Hexaholic, Jamz, TL_KRONOLORD and a few others. I don't slam TL, I slam them, because they post with terrible attitudes or thoughtlessness. [I've gone after Apok people for similar nonsense I know for sure - don't know enough RF people to have been that involved in too many though - I've been told I've slammed some others for being dicks, but don't know their affiliations since so many don't list theirs in a sig]

Ones that post intelligently I speak intelligently back to - Detheb, Wycca, You (barring whatever this mental schism today was), Ducreux, Bling, Irbax_Smoo, MabbuEQ, and probably some others I'm forgetting ATM. And some that are in the process of turning a leaf like Gregolo and someone else who's name is evading me ATM - honestly right now for TL posters on EQLive, I would love to sit down and hang out at Fan Faire or whatever with almost all of you - besides that short troll list.
Are you talking about EQlive forums? Cause I didn't even quote or respond to you here. My fight with you on EQlive was a completely separate issue than my spaz out on here.

I know you are pretty fair to TL members on EQlive, even though some of them don't deserve it. Mabbu for example is one of the biggest pieces of trash you will ever encounter in online gaming.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you talking about EQlive forums? Cause I didn't even quote or respond to you here. My fight with you on EQlive was a completely separate issue than my spaz out on here.

I know you are pretty fair to TL members on EQlive, even though some of them don't deserve it. Mabbu for example is one of the biggest pieces of trash you will ever encounter in online gaming.
Yea I just assume the flipout was part of the same thing - you kinda flipped out there on me and here on everyone at kinda the same time.

And weird on Mabbu - he seems reasonable on the forums. Definitely odd, but not a bad guy how he comes across.

BTW CT Poopsock ATM sounds thrilling - always know people are bored when my X-server tells start blowing up. Heh.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I just assume the flipout was part of the same thing - you kinda flipped out there on me and here on everyone at kinda the same time.

And weird on Mabbu - he seems reasonable on the forums. Definitely odd, but not a bad guy how he comes across.

BTW CT Poopsock ATM sounds thrilling - always know people are bored when my X-server tells start blowing up. Heh.
Eww, glad I'm actually really busy at work tonight then. Normally I try to make raids even while working, but not able to tonight.