New Progression Server confirmed

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Some guy Soulrenderer was running around leveling his box army. I said "Box army yay" and he proceeded to tell me how jealous I was and that he was an executive and i would be shocked at how good he lived. It was a good time.
Screen shot that stuff next time, always entertaining.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm skeptical of their ability to really track down people that had items duped in the last rollback. They better hope they never need to do a rollback again because now everyone knows what's up with that and will shove their shared bank full of everything valuable they have. Hell, I had shit worth duping but I was too busy trying to break things in other ways.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think they're full of shit. My main account got suspended yesterday for having "out of era items" despite the fact he didn't get rolled back at all, nor did he even log in when the mess happened. My other account that was covered in Luclin spells? Not a peep.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I had nothing out of era at all and I was rolled back 2 days . What ever method they are using to detect stuff is pretty terrible.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nuh uh, Roshen said it's all rumors and wild speculation! Can't possibly be a dupe!
Hludwolf confirmed there was one in LJ General chat - wasn't Zek involved however (he confirmed a good number of people did try the "Whoops, how did I pick Zek" thing though but GMs were aware to laugh them off).

A guildee was aware of 2 /testcopy tricks, and she reported it and was rewarded with some silly /claim item for the report about an hour before the announcement was made. I'll elaborate after the downtime. Presumably that was the issue.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Shared. Bank. Slots. It wasn't rocket surgery. First thing I, and probably many others did, was load shared bank with as many out of era items as I could when LJ went "live", and sure enough they were all 100% there, and the plat I spent buying them was restored in the rollback.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
And if you had stuffed other crap in the shared bank it stayed there and you got rolled back to a time before effectively duplicating the item.

I'm actually surprised how many people aren't up to speed on this.

Vaclav

Shared bank didn't work for this /servertransfer sploit. I'd tested that one personally.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All it takes is one guild bank or one well geared account to dupe a few kills worth of dragon/god loot to break things wide open. How much plat do you think a boxer like besteva or tulkas could dupe on one or two server rollbacks? I'm betting it's easily in the hundreds of thousands.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Shared bank didn't work for this /servertransfer sploit. I'd tested that one personally.
Jesus. Christ.

There was some event that went live on Lockjaw that shouldn't have gone live on Lockjaw that unlocked every expansion. That caused everything to go go crazy. People could level above 50, all of the drop tables were changed, all of the out of era merchants were present, Gukta was in Rathe Mountains, Defiant gear was dropping, etc. If, during that time period, you bought a bunch of spells that were out of era and stuck them in your guild bank after the rollback occurred you still had them in your guild bank. The shared bank information is stored differently than character inventory information. If you dumped a bunch of bonkers shit in your shared bank during the 5 or so minutes you had before the servers went down than when the rollback happened you had one set of gear on your character and then another set of gear in your bank.

There. Is everyone up to speed now? Is everyone exactly aware on how to duplicate items and currency each rollback?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh if anyone purposely ran and put stuff in their shared bank that they knew they shouldn't own to try and save it, they deserve any punishment. As soon as that bug happened and LJ was unlocked , I just sat there and laughed and continued to do nothing, knowing a rollback was coming. Instead of sprinting off and seeing how many things I could get away with.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
As soon as that bug happened and LJ was unlocked , I just sat there and laughed and continued to do nothing, knowing a rollback was coming. Instead of sprinting off and seeing how many things I could get away with.
First time MMO player?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I ran out of time before I ran out of ideas for things to try.

The third Beastlord I made was probably excessive.

Vaclav

Jesus. Christ.

There was some event that went live on Lockjaw that shouldn't have gone live on Lockjaw that unlocked every expansion. That caused everything to go go crazy. People could level above 50, all of the drop tables were changed, all of the out of era merchants were present, Gukta was in Rathe Mountains, Defiant gear was dropping, etc. If, during that time period, you bought a bunch of spells that were out of era and stuck them in your guild bank after the rollback occurred you still had them in your guild bank. The shared bank information is stored differently than character inventory information. If you dumped a bunch of bonkers shit in your shared bank during the 5 or so minutes you had before the servers went down than when the rollback happened you had one set of gear on your character and then another set of gear in your bank.

There. Is everyone up to speed now? Is everyone exactly aware on how to duplicate items and currency each rollback?
I'm aware of that one - there's ANOTHER as well tied to /servertransfer that was repeatable and active until the downtime in theory.

Each account assuming the 6 transfer limit I heard was accurate would allow you to multiply any existing plat 8-fold per account. (Doubled every two transfers - I think at least.... math is funny, you'll see why once the downtime occurs and I explain how it was working)

There's another as well that doubles every time, but seems like it would be much more obvious for tracking. (That would be 64x per account though if so, with another three cases of doubling)

That's across both servers mind you, not doubled on an individual server.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So are we expecting the Krono prices to fall back to the 4-5k range now? Have a lot of plat I need to throw in krono's, obviously the last few days kinda fucked that plan.

Vaclav

So are we expecting the Krono prices to fall back to the 4-5k range now? Have a lot of plat I need to throw in krono's, obviously the last few days kinda fucked that plan.
They were around 3k on LJ before transfers - I'd not expect them to get completely back there - but 4-5k sounds reasonable in a couple days, yea.