New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Part of why I hope they wise up and open with PoP at launch ideally - since that's the era they seem to have been balanced against (but even just Kunark would keep the pets more in line with players)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly the original three months of classic on Vulak had even pretty casual players thinking it was too slow. I don't know what people expect, you could have classic for one month, six months or two years and it won't matter. Raid mobs will all die between days 3-7 and then that same guild which did it will get the vast majority of all raid kills henceforth.

I predict a whole lot of crying and a lot of time spent staring at walls spamming attack and /tar Lord over and over.
The three month was only for classic EQ, once the expansions started coming it was time to kill the "boss" + 2 weeks.

Vaclav

The three month was only for classic EQ, once the expansions started coming it was time to kill the "boss" + 2 weeks.
Not for TLP 2.0 (That even sounds too fast for 1.0 but it was close to a month, so you might be right for 1.0) - bosses dead + 3 months was the timer for expansions up to GoD on 2.0 (two months after)

Vaclav

Vaclav, what you gonna roll up and box this time around?
ERU SK for life (I bounced around a ton until about 2003 with classes, but since going SK I've not looked back) - boxing a druid (probably WE) this time though. Wife's going Pally (probably HE) and BAR SHM.

WE/HE thing is tenative on us opting to level each half to 10 separate though. (probably her boxing my box for day 1, etc)

Did I know you on TLPs Crone?

Crone

I was Decay, the necro, so I think we played a little together. lol

I don't think I want to roll necro this time around. In all the group setups that my friends and I would come up with, forcing a necro into the group nearly never worked out "perfect". We made it work, but it wasn't amazing. Whether it was the melee group with Shaman puma line, or the caster group with enchanter, it just was weird.

I think I'm also gonna roll an SK this time, but still not sold on Druid. Maybe. Having that PLing ability is really nice.

Vaclav

Ah, yea - from time to time on 1.0 I think - as you said, necros and groups don't work too great in groups for most people, I was flexible though (I'm not a group min-maxer besides when it comes to effective boxes for myself) if I saw people in the right level range willing to do what I was doing, I'd hitch them along. [Part of how Laura and I learned to appreciate Paladin + SK in the same group so much, so many Paladins I ended up almost perma-grouping with over the TLPs - so much flexibility for a secondary tank]

Besides the obvious stuff with Druid, I'm really in love with having real snares for basically "free" mana after so long being used to using SK snares to hold stuff. Until you get to Dooming which sucks for mana when you're always standing they're a partial stop - and then the mana cost of them makes them a pain in the ass to maintain without stacked Bard + ENC style stuff. [Which ENC is not an impossible other option instead of the Shaman now that I'm thinking about it - most of the Shaman benefits apply to ENC as well, need to discuss it with Laura, since it's her bot - no heals probably sinks ENC, but don't think she'd thought of it]

Crone

I know you've said somewhere in this thread, but who'd you play on 2.0? I never played on 1.0. Was in EoE.

And the min/max is what we were always doing for our boxed groups. I think between couple friends we had 16 accounts going. I logged them all in once, at the same time. Was pretty awesome having every single buff, and not wanting for anything. But a pain for AAs of course. Getting to 60 was easy though.

With an SK, you'll want the enchanter buffs, but you lose the heals. So go SK, cleric, enchanter. But you have the Druid, so why have double priest heals between Shaman/Druid? that sounds silly. So if you are dead set on Druid, I'd not go the shaman, and go enchanter instead.

Vaclav

Aszuth always - weird, guess timelines are mixing up at this point - or maybe we didn't group, dunno (I swore we did, but being GL on 2.0 I grouped outside of guild ridiculously rarely) I do remember the name though.

Crone

Aszuth always - weird, guess timelines are mixing up at this point - or maybe we didn't group, dunno (I swore we did, but being GL on 2.0 I grouped outside of guild ridiculously rarely) I do remember the name though.
Right right Aszuth. I don't remember the name, but I was so wrapped up in the EoE stuff, that it doesn't surprise me.

How soon do SKs get their AoE aggro spells?

Vaclav

Right right Aszuth. I don't remember the name, but I was so wrapped up in the EoE stuff, that it doesn't surprise me.

How soon do SKs get their AoE aggro spells?
OoW - I think L69 - so, not soon at all.

Vaclav

Yea, DC is the nerfed to hell aggro version. (More correctly all disease isn't the insane aggro it was before - but DC was the primary one used to do it)

Best aggro for quite a while is Clinging Dark.

Crone

Yea, DC is the nerfed to hell aggro version. (More correctly all disease isn't the insane aggro it was before - but DC was the primary one used to do it)

Best aggro for quite a while is Clinging Dark.
Since it's not 100% classic, Paladin is tempting as well. Warriors are even "ok"!
wink.png

Tough choices figuring out what toons! Ugh...

Vaclav

Supposedly Warriors getting Provoke line was removed from TLP2.0 after about a week or two. Was just a mistake that it was in.... so they're not really "Ok" in my book at all.

Clinging is pretty close to DC aggro of yore, just not as mana efficient.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not for TLP 2.0 (That even sounds too fast for 1.0 but it was close to a month, so you might be right for 1.0) - bosses dead + 3 months was the timer for expansions up to GoD on 2.0 (two months after)
Im pretty sure thats how it was. When you killed a boss it would send a server wide emote saying the gates are weakening or something and you would then get a vote to open up the next xpac. I know during Kunark that had like that month and a half downtime due to the hack.

Crone

Im pretty sure thats how it was. When you killed a boss it would send a server wide emote saying the gates are weakening or something and you would then get a vote to open up the next xpac. I know during Kunark that had like that month and a half downtime due to the hack.
They no longer have the cool timeline for Fippy and Vulak on eq.com otherwise we could look back and check. Vaclav's right though. It was 3 months from the time all the progression raids were completed.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of my beefs with the progression servers is that I cannot start a BST or BSK at the start
frown.png

I know it's not true classic but it's the class I want to play. So now I have to either jump in late or play something else just to get in a guild that will let me swap!

Vaclav

One of my beefs with the progression servers is that I cannot start a BST or BSK at the start
frown.png

I know it's not true classic but it's the class I want to play. So now I have to either jump in late or play something else just to get in a guild that will let me swap!
Just mused something on that I'm planning to pitch once my ban is off on Sunday.

And that is, much like race change potions - make BST change and ZRK change potions in the store. Both require you to have an appropriate MNK or WAR character to use the potion on respectively. Potion converts any class specific armors into the new class, nothing else gets converted (but if you'd selected gear planning for the future plenty of BST/MNK shared items and WAR/ZRK shared items) - AA are all reset and can be rebought.

Assuming they won't opt to open them early that is.

Just a muse, no idea how realistic, doesn't sound TOO hard and with the Station Store $$ benefit seems good for their bottomline.

Crone

The armor was never taken out of at least Fear, so it's not like they would have to add much in I wouldn't think. I'd make both of them Day 1!