New Progression Server confirmed

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fist damage isn't just monks, it's everyone. Warrior at 50 melees for more unarmed than with any vanilla weapons that I can think of.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's plenty bad. These dudes are parsing with gear and best in slot vanilla weapons (some cases kunark weapons) and fists are still competitive. So literally everyone who melees skips their weapon slot until the very endgame, then still loses to a mage pet? Sounds great.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's plenty bad. These dudes are parsing with gear and best in slot vanilla weapons (some cases kunark weapons) and fists are still competitive. So literally everyone who melees skips their weapon slot until the very endgame, then still loses to a mage pet? Sounds great.
Don't get me wrong it's bad - it's just not the "Double DPS" and such people were gloom and dooming about. Also keep in mind no proc augs which add around 3 dps which narrows the gap more too.

It's skewed, it'll look silly as hell, but it's not terrible. I'll be using weapons as a protest to the concept myself (plus with my leveling path it really would only make sense for 30-45ish probably - maybe offhand later than that) since the penalty isn't too severe. (Besides for our bard, obviously the bard will use instrument and punch since it's worthwhile)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did the tests include that the melee weapon augments? The merchants are going to be in the game.

edit - I see the conversation continued to move as I was typing

edit - I fear that no one but me remembers that the Mage quests from the Temple of Solusk Ro include pet focus items and thus has not included augmented pets in their testing.

rrr_img_97777.png

Each of the for items corresponds to a different pet and the quest for each uses tradeable/buyable items. You could be level 2 with a Stein and focused pets. In Classic on Rallos Zek I had all four of them by the early 20s.

Vaclav

Did the tests include that the melee weapon augments? The merchants are going to be in the game.

edit - I see the conversation continued to move as I was typing

edit - I fear that no one but me remembers that the Mage quests from the Temple of Solusk Ro include pet focus items and thus has not included augmented pets in their testing.

rrr_img_97777.png

Each of the for items corresponds to a different pet and the quest for each uses tradeable/buyable items. You could be level 2 with a Stein and focused pets. In Classic on Rallos Zek I had all four of them by the early 20s.
Pretty sure from what Duc was saying in game that was focused.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Its worth noting that the pet focuses only affect level 16-55 pets.
The items for the epic affect all the pets tho, so if you get those you are set. And if you actually get the epic that pet is even more op. But even true classic mage pets were pretty amazing. A mage pet on p99 can solo amazingly.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've been tooling around with various classes. The Mage not only is strong but super lazy to level. I was hauling cheese to gweonid forest in a car in archeage, and I'd tab over to EQ now and then and order my pet to attack something. I died once to 2 reds, but for the most part it would kill anything. Poison from snakes can get a bit close.

Doing that made me set up the advanced looting stuff to just loot everything without bothering me. You end up with a big pile of annoying no drop items you have to manually destroy but it beats manually skipping them every time you loot.

Crone

Has anyone beta buffed an SK to 50, and harm touched something? What's it hitting for? How far did they nerf it?

Crone

Not changing from mage until at least Luclin.
I had a group set, but might go with Monks instead of mages...

SK, Shaman, Bard, Cleric, Monk, Monk !

Caster version:

SK, Enchanter, Cleric, Wizard, Mage, Mage

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wizard is a really solid box and If I had a tank it would probably be my choice. Unless I am charming the entire time on my enchanter I think the mage would fit us better.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've been doing some testing with Mage and the pet focuses are definitely much different than I originally remember. They used to just straight up increase the level of your summons and give them a bigger model but now the +5 pet power provided doesn't seem to do much of anything so that's good.

Crone

There's been a little talk, but is everyone just joining TL?

Vaclav, whats DHS's gonna do? I can only imagine there's at least 1 other guild that's gonna try and compete with TL, but it may be futile with how many people they seem to have coming back. Ugh.

I want to see raid targets, but I don't see it happening.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I believe as of many years ago, pets always summon at the max level for a spell now. No more recasting and looking at a /con and wondering if you got the highest level.

Crone

Wizard is a really solid box and If I had a tank it would probably be my choice. Unless I am charming the entire time on my enchanter I think the mage would fit us better.
Now my buddy is thinking:

SK, Enchanter, Bard, Cleric, Wizard, Mage

I have this aversion to putting a bard and enchanter in the same group. Not sure why, but I never felt they stacked very well. It was either that or Monk though, as I think the group needs a puller.