New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think it's really going to "require" being on the right faction with gathering bonuses, as well as house based gathering bonuses, max skill, gear with + mods, and food, to really "farm" the stuff effectively. You're making effectively raid level gear; I would imagine it takes a raid level effort.

Legit miss just running around in the world; mob diversity is trash in the first 25 levels or so, but it's fun. Had to hold back on doing any sort of gathering/grinding the last couple of days because I don't want to repeat things in live, but it's a sign that I wanted to do stuff in the game.
Ha, ya I made myself stop at 30. There are some really bland parts to the game, but then theres this whole other addictive side and I cant quite put my finger on what it is exactly.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
The combat shines in very small scale like 1 v 1, 3 v 3 type situations (though even in that, 1 guy is probably fucked instantly). The large scale stuff is a mess as it is in the majority of these games, I just want them to get Siege stuff right and at least the 20v20 Fort stuff is a bit clunky but a step in the right direction.

I agree with you on the small scale combat. I had some pretty fucking epic 1v1's that lasted like 5-10 mins, and when I won those fights, it felt amazing.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Interesting that they are giving themselves another month. I'm not sure what they can do to change their overall fate in that time.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
To be honest, I'm glad they're taking some more time to address any issues they've identified. While the delay itself sucks for people, it's a good thing for the game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think I'll cancel my pre-order.

the office rage GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Good for them. Now removed the Pronoun option from the game.
I heard from here that the game had it, but my g/f found the option to change that first. She asked "What is this bullshit?" and its right then that I knew I was dating a good one. :trump:

Now that the game has been held back a month, Im more inclined to believe they are going to include that desert zone in the base game. With that, probably release mounts because the world meets some arbitrary size. They likely held it back for the server infrastructure and network code - but more time is never a bad thing on an MMO. Sucks for the waiting, but oh well. This winter is going to be good. New World Sept 28 > November 23rd Endwalker > New Years for Lost Ark.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I heard from here that the game had it, but my g/f found the option to change that first. She asked "What is this bullshit?" and its right then that I knew I was dating a good one. :trump:

Now that the game has been held back a month, Im more inclined to believe they are going to include that desert zone in the base game. With that, probably release mounts because the world meets some arbitrary size. They likely held it back for the server infrastructure and network code - but more time is never a bad thing on an MMO. Sucks for the waiting, but oh well. This winter is going to be good. New World Sept 28 > November 23rd Endwalker > New Years for Lost Ark.
Pretty sure LA will be out in October.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that stinks, but hopefully its for the better (TM). I guess primarily XP bugs? maybe certain builds being broken? I didn't nerd out too hard to see what the poopsockers came up with.

Not sure if they are adding more content, they could just release at the original august date then add that "new content" within a month or so of release and WOW! new content already type feels. but idk

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting. I can't see anything bug wise that needed another month tacked on. I cant see anything content wise being added in that time frame either(unless its something thats been worked on for the previous months, which could of just been patched in). Makes me curious to see the list of things they felt they needed another 30 days to complete before they could release. I can't think of anything that would change people's expectations or view, with just a month extra.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Except now they will be competing with some of the christmas shit like the CODs and the new Battlefield and other games that come out at that time. It hink pushing this back, while good for the game, will not be so good for the numbers.

Daidraco

Interesting. I can't see anything bug wise that needed another month tacked on. I cant see anything content wise being added in that time frame either(unless its something thats been worked on for the previous months, which could of just been patched in). Makes me curious to see the list of things they felt they needed another 30 days to complete before they could release. I can't think of anything that would change people's expectations or view, with just a month extra.
They've deleted the forums, or restricted access - so I cant show you. But the list of shit that was bugged was absolutely MASSIVE by the end of beta. The first time I checked it out, it was a page and a half. The day before the last day of beta I checked it and it was FOUR f'n pages of shit. "Known Bugs" or whatever the f'k it was called. Then you have a shit ton of little shit that wasnt a bug, but was interfering with peoples play time. Such as falling in poorly designed crevices and having to "unstuck" your way out. Meanwhile, dont think for a second that the design team is going to be getting paid to sit on their asses so some extra content is almost assured.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are a lot of fucked up bugs.

I got stuck after dying in pvp, like 0 health couldnt respawn, I had my bow get stuck in animation and then couldnt shoot heavy attacks, and at least 3 or 4 other minor shit like that.

That definitely fucking blows though. This is going to be a long 2 months.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Except now they will be competing with some of the christmas shit like the CODs and the new Battlefield and other games that come out at that time. It hink pushing this back, while good for the game, will not be so good for the numbers.
Yeah, MMOs live and die by their launches. Both relative to their own ability to have a good/functional game, but also relative to what's available/launching at the time.

If you launch in the right window, you can get a huge influx of box sales from desperate, neckbeard MMOers, despite having a generally "bad" game. If you launch at the wrong time, you can get crushed by the competition despite how "good" your game might be.

From most accounts, New World seemed to be a game to buy, fuck around in for a month or two, and then hop out to FFXIV's new expansion or Lost Ark's western launch. Now? People may not even bother.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, seeing a lot of people say this is good for the game.

I'm not sure if they're just oblivious to MMO launches or what, but there's no way an extra month is going to "polish" the game any extra.

With how many games are coming out in October, it may just be that my group of friends skips this altogether. Because unfortunately, while the beta was fun, it also had some glaring weaknesses. And while you can overlook those weaknesses when there's nothing else to play, when you've got Back 4 Blood, Battlefield, Lost Ark, and who knows what else I'm forgetting all releasing about the same time...well, there's only so much you can play.

There will never be a "perfect" launch. They should've fixed the most glaring issues and launched in August. Maybe you hook some people that will otherwise skip it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, seeing a lot of people say this is good for the game.

I'm not sure if they're just oblivious to MMO launches or what, but there's no way an extra month is going to "polish" the game any extra.

With how many games are coming out in October, it may just be that my group of friends skips this altogether. Because unfortunately, while the beta was fun, it also had some glaring weaknesses. And while you can overlook those weaknesses when there's nothing else to play, when you've got Back 4 Blood, Battlefield, Lost Ark, and who knows what else I'm forgetting all releasing about the same time...well, there's only so much you can play.

There will never be a "perfect" launch. They should've fixed the most glaring issues and launched in August. Maybe you hook some people that will otherwise skip it.
Well, it's definitely not good for the game in the "short-term", because of the aforementioned releases upcoming.

Long-term? Sure, but you also could've just launched (sure, the game has issues, but it isn't downright bad/awful), gotten box sales and possibly hooked a few unsuspecting people, and then slowly ironed those things out over the "long-term" anyways.

But, this game also had how many redesigns, delays, stop/starts, etc.? It sounds like it's just a mismanaged mess with a lot of really good artists/animation guys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users