New York City

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shake shack shroom burger was awesome. Gf dove in a pizza place a block before we hit burger heaven so I'm pissed.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Heading to Brooklyn for a work trip from April 16-30. Anything new in the area not previously discussed in this thread that I should check out?

amitom_sl

shitlord
New York City is a great destination fo travelling point of view. I love to go there again and again in my travelling life. It has much and beautiful attractions for visiting point of view. I like its Niagara falls attractions for enjoying natural beauty.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Niagra falls for natural beauty, where they turn the water off at night and on during the day for tourist.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New York City is a great destination fo travelling point of view. I love to go there again and again in my travelling life. It has much and beautiful attractions for visiting point of view. I like its Niagara falls attractions for enjoying natural beauty.
Posted like a true bot.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm getting dumped in New York early next week for a couple of days by my company. Their office is on the southern tip of the island just off Hudson St. Anyone recommend something worth a damn to do while I'm there? Might as well make the best of it.

I think there's a work outing to Houston Hall, some kind of brewery, on Tuesday.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's right by the Village (depending on where on Hudson). Tons of awesome shit there. Artichoke Pizza, Fat Cat (tons of typical bar games), Comedy Cellar if you're into standup.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm getting dumped in New York early next week for a couple of days by my company. Their office is on the southern tip of the island just off Hudson St. Anyone recommend something worth a damn to do while I'm there? Might as well make the best of it.

I think there's a work outing to Houston Hall, some kind of brewery, on Tuesday.
You're getting decent weather at least. Houston Hall is good; 1 litre beers, ok food, etc. Brooklyneer is right next door, also good. The Highline is nearby, doesnt take long to walk the entire thing, but plenty of stuff to do off of it. Freedom Tower isn't too far. You could walk to the Hudson River and there's plenty of spots to see the Statue of Liberty...and New Jersey. Chelsea Piers(driving range, bowling, food, also a small skateboard park right there). Pier 25 has a boat bar, and decent oysters, but thats a bit of a walk from Houston Hall and it might be too cold at night for that. Frying Pan is also along the Hudson, but its more of a yuppie bar and usually packed. Fat Cat\Comedy Cellar are good suggestions too. Barcade is nearish to where you are (couple stops on the 1). Place called Little Branch that has decent drinks nearish HH(kind of a speakeasy type thing, small). Speaking of which, Crif Dogs on St. Marks is worth a quick visit.

the 1 train is right there, so that gives you plenty of other options as well (central park/columbus circle/Niagra Falls apparently).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Managed to at least convince them to give me Tuesday evening rather than putting me right back on a plane, so I'll have one evening to get lost without major work related meetings the next morning.

Time to rewatch The Layover.

edit: Since travel to new places is basically just a restaurant tour for me, is Momofuku Ramen worth the trip? It's only a mile and a half from where I'm staying. And i fucking love ramen.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you love ramen I would suggest Ippudo over Momofuku. And get the bakudan with your soup! It's so damn good. It might be a wait but for a solo person it's not bad. Will probably be less than 30 minutes.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Seconding Ippudo. Best ramen I've ever had, I compare every ramen place to Ippudo and they usually come up short.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If you find yourself midtown, hit up the burger joint in Le Park Meridien

lindz

#DDs
Best book stores in NYC?

I'm going for work in a few weeks and have something like 22 coffee/lunch/stop in and chat meetings over 4 days... but I did manage to leave a few hours clear on the Monday afternoon! I'd love to spend those couple hours away from any type of food and coffee and hit up the good bookstores.

Vinen

God is dead
In NYC for the weekend. Staying at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park (Burned soooooo many Marriott points to stay here).

Hit up Keens Chophouse (Food was OK but it was too crammed. Would have rather went to Maestro's like last time. Had some drunk fiance guys next to me who were loud, annoying and reminded of douchbag harvard trust fund kids in Cambridge.) last night followed by Momofuko Ko for lunch today (Its a good experience but as far as ~$250/person meals go it was kinda meh. Would have rather hit-up O-ya instead).
Probably just drinks and appetizers tonight. Chinatown for lunch tomorrow.

Afterwards the main reason I'm in NYC... finally seeing Book of Mormon.

Accela between Boston and NYC makes it painless to visit the city.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
In NYC for the weekend. Staying at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park (Burned soooooo many Marriott points to stay here).

Hit up Keens Chophouse (Food was OK but it was too crammed. Would have rather went to Maestro's like last time. Had some drunk fiance guys next to me who were loud, annoying and reminded of douchbag harvard trust fund kids in Cambridge.) last night followed by Momofuko Ko for lunch today (Its a good experience but as far as ~$250/person meals go it was kinda meh. Would have rather hit-up O-ya instead).
Probably just drinks and appetizers tonight. Chinatown for lunch tomorrow.

Afterwards the main reason I'm in NYC... finally seeing Book of Mormon.

Accela between Boston and NYC makes it painless to visit the city.
Momo sucks. Chefs table brooklyn fare and eleven madison park are nice