NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I made this on request for elsewhere. Figured I'd toss it up here too.

rrr_img_115636.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
NY just ruled that daily fantasy is gambling. DK and Fanduel must cease operations in NY.
Did those sites really think they'd get away with the ridiculous media blitz they put on this year without repercussions? They basically put up big flashing neon signs that said "We are making boatloads of money without doing any lobbying whatsoever!!!" Yeah, the politicians weren't going to just let that slide.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm pretty sure they were going so hard this year knowing full well that it was their last shot at raking in tons of free money (which i'm sure they have).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

moontayle

Golden Squire
I thought I heard Kraft had some investment in them as well. Probably most of the owners as well. And why not, almost a licence to print money.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think the saddest response I heard was that the reason it's being shut down at the government level is because they didn't properly grease... err lobby the politicians.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I'm torn between my disdain for rent-seeking activity and my hatred for daily fantasy commercials.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure they were going so hard this year knowing full well that it was their last shot at raking in tons of free money (which i'm sure they have).
That was my impression as well. They saw the writing on the wall that they were going to get labeled as gambling and put out of business so they went all out to cash in on this football season and now they're going to get shut down and spend a few years sitting by a giant pool filled with money in Florida.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Here in the flat land state (Illinois), legislature has been going back and forth on whether it is a gambling ticket or a game of skill as the big two proclaim. In the mean time, the same legislature folks want the big two to be regulated with a bunch of odds and ends laws - people can not be hacked and have their banking accounts drained, people that have liens against them or owe child support could not participate, etc.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
THE ONE thing they have riding for the liens etc is, you have to deposit -actual- money into an account. thus no loans etc - no money in account= no playing.

and yes jerry jones and kraft are only 2 of the nfl owners involved, there are more but they were one of the first to invest.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I figure the Feds will if they have to just go the route they went with online poker. Just make it so banks/credit card issuers don't let you deposit into anything labeled gaming/gambling and let the problem sort itself out.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
LOL, just saw the last time The Lions won in Greenbay was 1991. Detroit what are you doing with your life?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
How can you not be a Cam fan!? dude is just awesome to watch.

I had no idea these fantasy sites were tied to so many big companies. Fox, NBC, Time Warner, etc..
Might have something to do with his conceitedness and shit eating grin.