NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
While I was disappointed with the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals? decision not to rehear Tom Brady?s case, I am most frustrated that Tom was denied his right to a fair and impartial process. The League?s investigation into a football pressure matter was flawed and biased from the start, and has been discredited nearly unanimously by accredited academics and scientists.
My memory is a bit foggy at this point, but wasn't Tom's suspension really about destroying a phone they wanted info from? The whole impartial bullshit is just that bullshit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My memory is a bit foggy at this point, but wasn't Tom's suspension really about destroying a phone they wanted info from? The whole impartial bullshit is just that bullshit.
Goodell's original ruling specifically says it's as much if not more about the cover up than the actual deflating. I've also yet to hear any rational explanation for why he gave the NFL 2 phones, but refused the only one they actual actually asked for and didn't even actually request possession of the phone at any time.

Plus the whole "The Deflator" thing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How did that work out for the Eagles last year?
We finished with a record better than the Cowboys! And chip got fired. It worked out perfectly for me.

Bear's Fans- How bad is the Jeffery situation getting? Are there hard feelings at this point or just more about the business? I'd love to get a real shot at him next year in FA. I'm not sold on what we have and always wanted a big dominate guy like him. For some reason we always manage to avoid those type players.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I loved kicking the Cowboys ass preseason. It helped take the sting off being a dumpster fire the rest of the year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm almost starting to feel bad for you guys. That is saying something from a 4-12 team.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bear's Fans- How bad is the Jeffery situation getting? Are there hard feelings at this point or just more about the business? I'd love to get a real shot at him next year in FA. I'm not sold on what we have and always wanted a big dominate guy like him. For some reason we always manage to avoid those type players.
Seems kinda premature. Anyone who's interested in signing him, including Chicago, will be good to wait and see how the season plays out in stats as well as his health. I don't think his feelings will enter into it, if Chicago wants to be the top bidder he'll stay. He's going to follow the money no matter what, and who can blame him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm surprised no one's mentioned it, or maybe no one is watching. If you've got Amazon Prime, check outAll or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals (TV Series 2016- ) - IMDbwhich follows the Cardinals through the 2015 season. It's like Hard Knocks, but for the regular season. It reminds me a lot of the "Road to the Winter Classic" if any of you watched that. Good shit, even if you don't like the Cardinals.
Just wanted to bump this if anyone missed it.

I finally got around to finishing it, and it was fucking phenomenal. It really should be titled "Hard Knocks: The Season." It probably helps that the Cardinals I think are one of those teams that it's easy for other fanbases to root for.

I want to say it's actually better than Hard Knocks, but it's really more that it's more meaningful since it's the regular season. The only downside is you know the ending before watching it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't finished it yet but ya so far, fucking awesome show. Woke up super early one morning and decided to watch an episode, been waking up at 5 all this week to watch an episode before work..

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Looking back at last year just seems odd to me. Football is more about the here and now. I'll check it out though.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Different note, anyone getting international game pass this year? What country do you usually buy from?

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Last I saw (was out of town the whole weekend), the Bears placed the franchise tag on Jeffery. Earlier last week, the Sun Times had an article that he wanted to be paid similar to top receivers like Bryant and Green. His reasoning was the Bears moved on from Marshall and last year's first round draft pick White was still an unknown since White was injured the whole season. Yet the Bears countered that Jeffery seems injury prone and had missed more games that A.J. Green has missed in five years. So the Bears are taking the "wait and see" approach.

As for feelings, in the end it is a business and both sides will push for the most while offering the least.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have got to be fucking kidding me...

Jerry Richardson Received A Statue Of Himself With Two Panthers For His Birthday

"Each panther represents more than one thing. One represents the offense, the other the defense. And because of what they are and who they're standing next to, they represent North Carolina and South Carolina. And then you take all three of them together, and I think of them as three panthers because Mr. Richardson is definitely a Panther."
How soon before there's an owner statue at every stadium. Dan Snyder will commission his to be fifty feet tall.

yHnpE7h.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I laughed.

I'm not sure how I could take the team seriously every time I had to walk past that thing, if I were a fan. Worse if I were a player (although I doubt they go through that entrance ever).

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a shitty group of NFL posters. Worst part is you guys actually believe you have a clue. I can't wait to watch you retards step out on a limb and make actual predictions like I have.

P.S. I'd hate to be a Rams fan.. they picked the wrong guy!
Why? Rams have actually won a SB