NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

moontayle

Golden Squire
In 2014 it didn't make sense to grab JFF because they had just signed Romo to an extension. Even Jerry ultimately let cooler heads prevail with JFF sitting there ripe for the picking. Now it makes sense because the backup situation is worse than they perceived, Romo is 2 years older with 3 years left on his contract (and 2 years until it's financially feasible to move on), and they have a lot of good young pieces to help keep things going. But with the 4th pick in the draft they can afford to avoid the damaged goods and grab a Goff or a Lynch or even someone else and grab a QB in the 2nd round.

Plenty of options not full of shit and a good four months to sit on it and do what's best for the franchise.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
To be fair to Manziel, it's not like you can be drafted by Cleveland and NOT develop a drinking problem

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I won't disagree that Cleveland is a shithole but, to be fair, Manziel had a drinking problem before coming here.

I see Cleveland going two routes with the Draft. Go QB and take Paxton Lynch or Jared Goff. If you go that route, personally, I'd still start Josh McCown next year and have him be a true mentor for Goff/Lynch to get him NFL ready. This way we'd have our QB locked in for awhile and could focus on building the team around him. Option two would be to trade the pick away for a crap load of other picks. I'm not a fan of this but we do have so many holes to fill that you can make a case for it. Personally I'd rather lock in the QB and build from there though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Unless you've got a Peyton Manning in your draft, you're always better trading down for a bunch of picks

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
JFF definitely gonna be a cowboy next year, only a matter of time before Fragile Bradfo..err Romo makes him the starter! (get my NFC Least QB's mixed up all the time)

moontayle

Golden Squire
Ooh! I know! Fisher gets Jerry drunk and trades him Foles and a basket of crawdads for their 2017 first and second rounder!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ooh! I know! Fisher gets Jerry drunk and trades him Foles and a basket of crawdads for their 2017 first and second rounder!
Then he trades himself to the Cowboys to be head coach, Rams get Sean Payton to reunite him with Gregg Williams, trade for Brees and win the Superbowl!!! (In LA)

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So will they go L.A. Raiders and L.A. Chargers like the NY teams or will they be the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles?

Serious question though, which LA plan do you think ends up getting the nod? And what happens to the loser(s) of the LA sweepstakes?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My fucking god, the Rams requesting to interview the Browns OC.

OH Fisher....you just cant make this shit up.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes as fans when you see an organization like the Rams stick with the quintessential average coach like Fisher interview the Cleveland Brown's OC do you think like me and say, "I know I a typical football fan but even I know better." I mean it's not rocket surgery right?

Oh and on Manziel to the Cowboys. What should really have you scratching your heads is the Cowboys had him ranked #4 overall on their board for that draft. #4...OVERALL. Is Jerrah that insane? Who runs their scouting department? How the fuck do you rank Manziel as the 4th best prospect in the draft that year? And you think your team has problems?