NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also if Cutler really broke his right thumb that's a dagger. Not that he was looking super or anything, but Bears have nothing without him. #1 draft pick is a possibility.

Merrith

No but they continue drives which lead to yards and more points. That play was a back breaker had the called it. Nice try tho.

No, the way you worded it was terrible. It also takes away all of that field to gain more yards in because it's a spot foul (PI, not holding). Wentz should have had a little more numbers, but to just add 110 yards to it is a little bit of an exaggeration you have to admit.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jared Goff better be fanfuckingtastic. Sadly I can't see that happening under Fisher.

He doesn't have to be with Fisher. If he scores one TD a game and isn't injured all the time, he'll be the best QB they've had in a while. Damn, I miss the Greatest Show on Turf. That was a fun group of guys to watch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also if Cutler really broke his right thumb that's a dagger. Not that he was looking super or anything, but Bears have nothing without him. #1 draft pick is a possibility.

Eagles ended 2 QBs in 2 weeks. Lookout Ben!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, the way you worded it was terrible. It also takes away all of that field to gain more yards in because it's a spot foul (PI, not holding). Wentz should have had a little more numbers, but to just add 110 yards to it is a little bit of an exaggeration you have to admit.

Well the dropped TD was 35+ yards. Ok. 250 yards and 2 TDs.

Either way, he was the best player on the field last night and was limited more from refs and his own receivers than his actual ability.

Merrith

Well the dropped TD was 35+ yards. Ok. 250 yards and 2 TDs.

Either way, he was the best player on the field last night and was limited more from refs and his own receivers than his actual ability.

I can buy 250. It will be interesting to see him play against the Steelers. Browns and Bears back to back is as cushy an opening 2 weeks as you can get.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Like I said, you didn't draft a potato. Given what the Eagles had to do to get him means you're currently living in best case scenario territory. There's still 14 games left against competition not named the Browns or Bears though so I'd hold off on the anointing oil for a bit. Two games does not a career make.

You sound like the opposite end of the grumbling I've heard concerning Zeke. "He was supposed to make an immediate impact." "I knew we should have drafted Ramsey." "We should have traded down, he wasn't worth picking 4th." It's two games. Hold off on that shit until we're at least into the bye week. Same thing with Dak. He looks good but he still has some seasoning to do before he can run that offense the way Romo does.

Merrith

Zeke's problem is going to be that playing RB and not QB, he has to be extraordinary to really justify getting drafted that high. So far he's been decent, but hardly great, and getting benched for Morris because of 2 fumbles in the 2nd half makes the optics look a lot worse. I still think he'll be good, but I'm not convinced he should have been taken that high at all, unless he's the next AP.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like I said, you didn't draft a potato. Given what the Eagles had to do to get him means you're currently living in best case scenario territory. There's still 14 games left against competition not named the Browns or Bears though so I'd hold off on the anointing oil for a bit. Two games does not a career make.

You sound like the opposite end of the grumbling I've heard concerning Zeke. "He was supposed to make an immediate impact." "I knew we should have drafted Ramsey." "We should have traded down, he wasn't worth picking 4th." It's two games. Hold off on that shit until we're at least into the bye week. Same thing with Dak. He looks good but he still has some seasoning to do before he can run that offense the way Romo does.

he's no Dak!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eagles got two more weeks of pre-season, but they do look a lot sharper than expected. I don't think they go deep, but I do think they make the playoffs with this team. Giants look good, but crazy unpredictable. Eagles appear stable.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eagles got two more weeks of pre-season, but they do look a lot sharper than expected. I don't think they go deep, but I do think they make the playoffs with this team. Giants look good, but crazy unpredictable. Eagles appear stable.

Eagles schedule gets a lot tougher, I'm still firmly in the 7-9 or 8-8 camp with them. NFC East looks like a dumpster fire again so who knows, I think the Giants win the division but I wouldn't say that confidently. Eagles or Cowboys could easily take it at 9-7.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'll only have to wait 6 days.

He said that like it was some damning prediction by me. Did you read what I wrote about the eagles?

I still don't know what to make of my Eagles. I thought Wentz would need more time to put it together but he looks like he can hang with most teams. We looking good for 7-9 to 9-7(ceiling?!) but we need more work on our pass rush and our corners have a huge fucking test next week.

Oh yea! That's going to sting when he quotes me next week!

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I just took issue with the idea that it would take a "few weeks" for them to play a decent team. :p

Honestly I think the Eagles have a perfectly decent chance of winning though.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pittsburgh is #1 in NFL.com power rankings.

So that is the kiss of death and 100% chance we lose to Iggles

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Power Rankings in the NFL is so silly. It is pretty funny to look at the different sites and see how much they differ in their opinions though

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Surprised they value a win over the Bengals that much. Usually they would only up the Steelers two spots and say something like "squeaking a win over a regressing Bengals shouldn't bolster confidence too much, but a win is a win". And then they would say something about how much Andy Dalton sucks. And suck dick over how much they shut down AJ Green while saying Brown was only bad because of bad Ben passes and drops.

Fuck you Steelers.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power Rankings in the NFL is so silly. It is pretty funny to look at the different sites and see how much they differ in their opinions though
Yea I put zero stock into them

It's just historically when anyone has Steelers at number 1 we lose, its a curse

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surprised they value a win over the Bengals that much. Usually they would only up the Steelers two spots and say something like "squeaking a win over a regressing Bengals shouldn't bolster confidence too much, but a win is a win". And then they would say something about how much Andy Dalton sucks. And suck dick over how much they shut down AJ Green while saying Brown was only bad because of bad Ben passes and drops.

Fuck you Steelers.

Two weeks, two teams who won their divisions last year is why.

But its week 2 and power rankings written by random dudes shouldnt make you so salty brotato

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Eagles secondary has been questionable at best, so I'd expect Brown to have ~29 receptions next week. I'm also expecting a growing-pains game from Wentz, he's bound to look like a rookie at some point. I'm almost hoping for a 12-30 game with an interception or two, just to slow down the hype train a bit.