NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

moontayle

Golden Squire
The hold he had last week is really the only blemish in Zeke's blocking game. He's gone head to head against some pretty good linebackers and held his own. It's one of the things Murray did well too.

JPP done for regular season with sports hernia surgery. Out six weeks at least, which means unless the Giants pull off another ridiculous post-season run, we won't see him again. He's always seemed to be something of a Cowboy killer so not sad he won't play Sunday night.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
"one trick pony.... one trick pony.... one trick pony"

I'll play your game for a second: What's the most important part of being a "Running" back? Oh thats fucking weird, running the football. Even if Bell is better out of the backfield or pass blocking it isn't by much, and Adrian's running in his prime far than exceeds any worth Bell has ever had. Put Peterson on that Steelers team, its not even close. Adrian has never had even remotely close to the QB Roethlisberger is for an extended amount of time, and nowhere near a receiver that is half the player Brown is. Shit, Vikings o-line half the years sucked as well. Remember Brad Childress? That retard sucked also.

So next time bring a better argument to the table, cause that shit was fucking weak, and you're about the only person in the world that would take Bell over Peterson. One of the stupidest takes I have ever seen on football.

Ps. Elliot grades better as a pass blocker than Bell as a rookie & nearly the same out of the backfield Zzzzz

There is no fucking way you can watch the dynamic ability of Peterson and truly think Bell is better.
Elliot was a better prospect than Bell coming out of college. Bell didn't emerge until his sophomore season.

And yeah, I remember AP reeling in 80 catches for 800+ yards in a season. Get this, in 2012, AP's unbelievable season, he averaged 144.63 ypg. Bell's sophomore year, he averaged 138.44. This year, he's currently averaging 146.44.

If Bell were available for the first 3 games, he would be on pace for 100 catches for 900 yards and 1450 yards on the ground. That's 2350 all-purpose yards in his 4th year as a pro. He's the most dynamic player in the NFL today, and teams continually stack the box against him and he still manages to slither through holes that don't exist. So don't give me this bullshit AP had the defense stacked against. He did, and he also had a solid line opening holes for him. Ever seen Bell's line? It's the same one that can't protect Big Ben.

You're out of your skull. Bell is the better all-purpose back and it's not even fucking close.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree in the sense that no one gave a shit about Julio Jones vs AB's blocking metrics when we were arguing about those players. And if catching out of the backfield is so important, Forte wouldn't have been so underrated through his career considering the was probably the best receiving back in the league since Faulk.
Because they're receivers? Does Julio protect Matt Ryan from a free blitzing LB? No? Ok. Good argument dumbass.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Adrian Peterson and Bell are both good.

Why is this so hard?

They are different runners. AP would run you over as well as catch passes. Not to mention his supreme agility and burst. Bell more shifty and can hide behind blockers utilizing his timing to find that impossible crease.

Either way its subjective. Elliot could be better than both.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
tomorrow is a tough one, its pretty much the game for a bye for the raiders OR chiefs---Raiders are the feel good team in the AFC this year,,,(dallas NFC)

i think the raiders can pull it off though..

edit: for some reason i was thinking it was thursday....

Last edited:

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Show me a video where Emmitt Smith's little fat ass hurdles defenders like Zeke does.

newemmitt.jpg

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I miss seeing Running backs leap over the goal line. I know it's dangerous and all, but it was good shit.

Also, seeing that video kaines linked reminded me of something. Earlier someone was saying the cowboys line was what made emmitt look so good. Truth is, the line wasn't that great without emmitt. It's kind of a chicken and the egg argument, but they definitely fed off of each other and made each other better. But if you wanted to make the argument that emmitt was average without Moose lead blocking for him, that might be more accurate.

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Start at 1:08

That's not him hurdling defenders in the open field, that's him jumping over his linemen trying to skate the ball over the endzone. Not impressed!

Major props for that Giants game, though. Good to know the Giants couldn't stop running backs out of the backfield even then! Did the tight end have 12 catches for 125 yards too? I think that's what Witten averages against us.

I saw a lot of open holes in that highlight video, like a ton. I saw him break one tackle. Again, overrated. Moose belongs in the HoF.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
That's not him hurdling defenders in the open field, that's him jumping over his linemen trying to skate the ball over the endzone. Not impressed!

Major props for that Giants game, though. Good to know the Giants couldn't stop running backs out of the backfield even then! Did the tight end have 12 catches for 125 yards too? I think that's what Witten averages against us.

I saw a lot of open holes in that highlight video, like a ton. I saw him break one tackle. Again, overrated. Moose belongs in the HoF.

Enjoy

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Itlan will just resort to ad hominem attacks eventually so just forget trying to convince him of anything. He isnt at all impressionable.

Smith is a HoFer for a reason. His penchant for scoring is remarkable. Like I said he would of been a star fantasy performer in this day and age given his goal line touches and pass catching ability. His younger self was pretty fucking strong if you ask me, he wasnt a supreme running talent but the guy was always falling forward for positive yardage. Not only that but his ability to get stronger over the course of a game is legendary. These are things that dont come up in stat box but people who had the pleasure to watch him understand it.

Dickerson made the RB position "cool", Emmitt made it valuable. I hate him and the Cowboys too, but I actually use reason and logic in my assesments.

I bet Smith has more rushing 1st downs in NFL history too.

• 1Solidarity

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Itlan is trolling, it's weak shit but you fuckers keep feeding him. Quit. Or at least go back to videos of Dallas highlights instead of wall of text.

• 1Like