NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Fouls committed by both teams always offset. That has been the rule for a long time. Doesn't matter the severity.

You are 100% wrong.

As always a 15 yard penalty is enforced when the other penalty is a 5 yard variety. Severity always matters, for obvious reasons.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've never seen penalties by both teams not offset regardless of severity, citation please.

Section 3
Fouls by Both Teams
DOUBLE FOUL WITHOUT CHANGE OF POSSESSION
Article 1
If there is a double foul (3-11-2-c) without a chan
ge of possession, the penalties are offset and
the down is replayed at the previous spot. If it was
a scrimmage down, the number of the next down and
the necessary line is the same as for the down for wh
ich the new one is substituted.
15 YARDS VERSUS 5 YARDS
Exceptions:
(1) If one of the fouls is of a nature that incurs a
15-yard penalty and the other foul of a double foul
normally would result in a loss of 5 yards only (15
yards versus 5 yards), the major penalty yardage is
to be assessed from the previous spot.

15 versus 5 rule, no?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Problem being, intentional grounding isn't a 5 yard penalty.

In my opinion if they're serious about protecting QB's they shouldn't be getting a flag when trying to avoid illegal hits like this. Or have the personal foul override the intentional grounding.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Problem being, intentional grounding isn't a 5 yard penalty.

In my opinion if they're serious about protecting QB's they shouldn't be getting a flag when trying to avoid illegal hits like this. Or have the personal foul override the intentional grounding.

I hate Eli Manning when it comes to intentional grounding, guy will get away with at least 3 blatant intentional groundings a game. I've seen the man herp derp an attempt at intentional grounding and hitting a lineman and not get a grounding or ineligible receiver call.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you guys are missing the point here with all the rules talk. Cam lost and that's the only thing that matters

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If Cam hadn't wasted all the timeouts and so much time running the two minute drill like they had 5 minutes left they could have gotten closer for the kicker. Absolutely his fault.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shaun Hill named starter this week. So the Vikes gave all that up for a veteran QB who they can't design a playbook around on short notice.

Seems legit.

Merrith

If he gets all the credit when they win you have to give him some of the blame when they lose

Sure he gets some of the blame, but they were in a position to win the game with 9 seconds left, and he'd just made the kick a minute before blowing it after he got iced. Maybe I'm just biased because I find it funny when our castoff kickers fail.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As if I didn't need more reasons to dislike the Seahawks, apparently they're doing a team "protest" during the National Anthem tomorrow.

• 1Cutler