NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Thank you kind sir. Heard something on the radio earlier. Missed the first part but I'm guessing the odds coming from Vegas.. Fisher has the best odds of being the first NFL coach to be fired this year
Wouldn't be surprised by that at all really. He could be gone mid-year.

Although, I did read today there is already a rift between Chip and Baalke over Kaepernick. Chip wants to keep him and get him back to his "good" form, and Baalke wants to move on. Maybe it becomes so contentious between them that Baalke's ego gets in the way again and Chip mutually departs from the 49ers.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
In pure Fisherness the Rams will somehow beat the Seahawks this week. The path to 8-8 demands it.

As a Seahawks fan I want to argue... but I can't. Not only will Fisher beat the Seahawks this weekend, that will virtually guarantee that he is extended for another 5 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
On the other hand this is Pete's first game back in the Colosseum, they know they struggle against the Lambs, and the Lambs are probably worse than they were last year.

I'm hoping for an epic beat down that leads to Fisher being fired.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
On the other hand this is Pete's first game back in the Colosseum, they know they struggle against the Lambs, and the Lambs are probably worse than they were last year.

I'm hoping for an epic beat down that leads to Fisher being fired.

While we are on the firing coach train let's tie McCoy to the tracks.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a Seahawks fan I want to argue... but I can't. Not only will Fisher beat the Seahawks this weekend, that will virtually guarantee that he is extended for another 5 years.
Yea thats no disrespect, Fisher just has a way of winning the games he has no business winning and losing like....well, MNF the other day vs the Niners.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Did that dude luck into a career or what. Fuck. At least force him to hire a top OC and tell him hands fucking off the offense or something.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given the topic of Fisher and his suckiness, let's revisit one of my earlier posts from this offseason.

Seattle you're fucked.

7s6qmgx.jpe

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your case is not that compelling.
This got me thinking and I got bored, so let's look at the different categories of QBs as of now and how they ended up starting.

Drafted and started as rookies right away for their respective teams (ie expected to be the guy as most were very high picks):

Rg3
Big Ben
Tannehill
Newton
Winston
Bridgewater and for the current QB there..... Bradford as well
Flacco
Dalton
Bortles
Mariota
Wentz
Carr
Stafford
Ryan
Gabbert
Palmer
Wilson
Luck

Guys drafted as backups with no intention/expectation to ever be the starter:
Cousins: drafter the same year as Rg3 in the 4th round, but not expected to be a starter so he sat
Osweiler: Drafted during Tebowmania
Tyrod Taylor: drafted as a backup...Ravens already had Flacco
Fitzpatrick: 7th round pick who wasnt expected to even make a roster, so he sat because of that. He rode the pine for years as a perennial backup.
Tony Romo: Undrafted pickup for the Cowboys....turned out like Brady to a much lesser extent to be a diamond in the rough who also replaced Drew Bledsoe (that poor fuck)
Brady: drafted late in the draft with no intention of replacing Drew Bledsoe who was the guy in NE...we know how this all played out (luckiest shit ever)
Siemians: 7th round pick from last year, for now the starter...drafted on a team with Manning and Osweiler. Still expecting Lynch to be the starter this year at some point....too early to tell really on this one.

Guys drafted to eventually be the starter, but drafted to teams with an established good/great QB
Rodgers: Favre etc. Truly the rarest outlier here next to lucking into Brady.
Prescott: drafted as a backup, started due to injury. Drafted as Romo's eventual replacement
Eli Manning: Held a clipboard his first year behind Kurt Warner.....still started something like 7 games after Warner fumbled like 12 times a game in NY.

Guys who were drafted and expected to start eventually, who actually sat a good amount their rookie years (ie drafted very high but still sat)
Philip Rivers: drafted 4th overall and sat behind Drew Brees...who SD apparently had no clue was as good as he was....
Alex Smith: started 7 games his rookie year, but still sat for part of the season behind shitty QBs so he can count for this.
Goff: All the QBs suck on this team, why he is sitting is beyond me...still its Fisher doing Fisher things
Lynch: I'm assuming he goes here? He got beat out by a 7th round pick from last year....but assuming he will be the guy one day though? So for argument's sake let's count him for now b/c Denver likes to do this
Brees: sat in SD for 1 year behind Flutie team that was 1-15. Wasnt a super high pick, not sure if they expected him to be the "guy"...they drafted Rivers not long after. Makes as much sense as firing your HC who went 14-2. Idk....just San Diego things.
Cutler: That was a weird saga with Jake Plummer and his disappearance from football, but he sat most of the year.....again Denver.

Definitely seems that some teams like to sit QBs more than others: SD and Denver account for over half of the QBs who sat their 1st year but were drafted with the need of a QB right away and expected to be the guy. The rest of the league were either guys who were drafted and expected to start who did start right away as rookies (vast majority),or were hidden gems who were never expected to amount to shit but turned out to be good or even great QBs.

What's all this mean? Very few guys actually do sit on teams with bad QBs. Many of the good ones who sat did so behind good QBs, so it makes sense there because there was no need to start them right away. But to bring this thing full circle, Goff is not in that situation though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yea thats no disrespect, Fisher just has a way of winning the games he has no business winning and losing like....well, MNF the other day vs the Niners.

Yeah its a yearly thing now. I think Fisher plans his entire year around the 2 Seahawk games. Plans really hard for those and if he wins at least one he is like... cool. When's the season over? I can't figure out why the Seahawks have such a huge problem with the Rams but we always have. Even back during Holmgren's days the Rams were beating us when they probably shouldn't have.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Given the topic of Fisher and his suckiness, let's revisit one of my earlier posts from this offseason.

Seattle you're fucked.

View attachment 47228
For some reason at first glance of this picture, I thought it was going to be a Jeff Fisher coaching tree. I'd be interested to see what something like that looks like.

Edit: Sadly, it doesn't look like such a thing exists. Best thing I found was on Wikipedia:

Assistant coaches under Jeff Fisher who have become NFL head coaches:

After Fisher's tutelage, Williams, Schwartz, and Munchak have cumulatively posted 52 wins and 84 losses, or a winning percentage of approximately 38.2%.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah its a yearly thing now. I think Fisher plans his entire year around the 2 Seahawk games. Plans really hard for those and if he wins at least one he is like... cool. When's the season over? I can't figure out why the Seahawks have such a huge problem with the Rams but we always have. Even back during Holmgren's days the Rams were beating us when they probably shouldn't have.

So its like the NFL equivalent of coaching Michigan / OH state? As long as you beat that one team your job is safe!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"I think I was seeing ghosts," Keenum said of his struggles against the 49ers," via The L.A. Times. "I was seeing things that weren't there. I wasn't trusting myself and my abilities."

So, this is the guy who you started over your rookie because he was supposed to win games and be ready and not say shit like that. That quote is exactly something I would expect Goff to say, not a guy who has been in the league for years. But, Fisher.

• 1Like