NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I know it's fun to make fun of Itlan, but wasn't there a lot of people thinking Barkley would be a total bust? Since Eli sucks and OBJ can't get the ball enough, Barkley is basically their entire offense.

Coming into the year, I questioned how good of a "between the tackles" runner Barkley actually was. A huge majority of his positive plays in college were from beating lesser athletes to the edge. He's been better than I thought in that department, but dude's team is getting smashed and defenses are fine with leaving even the flats open, because they know the Giants' will never beat them with that kind of offense. I love Zeke, but same instance with the Cowboys run game against Seattle. A lot of garbage time, given yards.

Luckily, dude doesn't need to be Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. You can spread defenses so much now with this new trend of the "spread" and get that guy the ball in space (similar to Kamara). And there is absolutey, no way you can deny how incredible Barkley's balance is & his ability to break tackles is.

Still doesn't make their decision to pass on a QB, correct. Game has been completely shifted around to make QBs unstoppable. Looks like they are gonna get lucky and get a chance to land a good one this coming draft.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm supremely nervous for this weekend. Pitt-Cincy games are always the worst. 5+ injuries, 200 yards worth of personal fouls, inevitable Bengal heartbreak. Then I get to look forward to getting crushed by the Chiefs on SNF the following week. This is when the optimism comes crashing down!

What should be crushing is people on the radio today talking about how Eli might be the worst QB in the league but they would still take him over Dalton.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been over the Dalton hate for a while. I'm honestly fine with him. His salary is negligible and he's rarely the reason for a loss - and plenty of times he's the reason for a win. People just hate him. I dunno. Maybe people really don't like gingers. My biggest problem with the Bengals is Marvin Lewis. Just when you think he's about to be out the door he has a season like how this one's started to buy him another couple years. He's so mediocre it drives me mad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been over the Dalton hate for a while. I'm honestly fine with him. His salary is negligible and he's rarely the reason for a loss - and plenty of times he's the reason for a win. People just hate him. I dunno. Maybe people really don't like gingers. My biggest problem with the Bengals is Marvin Lewis. Just when you think he's about to be out the door he has a season like how this one's started to buy him another couple years. He's so mediocre it drives me mad.

Dalton basically used to be right around the line for "average starter" in the league. As I pointed out a few weeks ago though under Lazor as OC he's stepped his game up a little bit. That offense has a lot of weapons still.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I feel like Dalton gets the same treatment Rivers gets. Hes usually not the reason they lose but no one has confidence in them in the big spot.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Giants looked so bad last night. See, I thought the Giants were really dumb for not drafting a QB, but maybe in house they knew Eli was so god awful they would be in the top 5 again next year and this year would be his last. They might end up with the top pick in next years draft.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Giants looked so bad last night. See, I thought the Giants were really dumb for not drafting a QB, but maybe in house they knew Eli was so god awful they would be in the top 5 again next year and this year would be his last. They might end up with the top pick in next years draft.
They thought they were going to contend this year. This is a problem with the Giants organization.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Giants send scouts to watch Oregon QB Justin Herbert again

Really hope Herbert decides to stay for his senior year, totally get not staying if you are gonna go 1st overall. I imagine a lot of folks in the Giants org are wanting to throw games right now.

A lot of teams (Cardinals, 49ers, Jets, Bills, Colts, Raiders) that believe they already have their QB of the future, are going to be drafting high. Leaves me hope that maybe the 'Boys will finish near the Top 10, and will be able to leap up above the Giants for Herbert in a trade (good chance the Giants win #1 overall outright). Guess we'll see. Grier has looked good as well. He looks very similar to Mayfield, and in this league I don't think you need an "all-world rocket arm" anymore.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Barkley is a tremendous athlete and will no doubt be a pro bowler next year.

If the Giants finish with a terrible record they can go ahead and draft a QB. If the Giants can just figure this out by the middle of 2019, and at least be able to protect and stop people by getting that pass rush going again, they would most likely be able to compete, as they would feature arguably two top 5 position players on the same team to go along with a young QB.

Barkley and OBJ is one of the scariest RB/WR tandems in recent memory.(If the Giants get their shit together and Eli retires)

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Brock Osweiler you poor bastard. Finding out an hour before the game you're getting thrown in against Kahlil Mack and Hicks and co. He was probably out doing lines til 4am thinking he'd just be sitting around scratching his balls holding a clipboard.

• 2Worf