Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
the drugs must be wearing off

1580590129786.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Keeping faith here but definitely nervous about the game. Chiefs have the best player at the most important position but it really feels like the 49ers are the overall better team. Hoping for some early turnovers and an early lead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keeping faith here but definitely nervous about the game. Chiefs have the best player at the most important position but it really feels like the 49ers are the overall better team. Hoping for some early turnovers and an early lead.

It does feel like the Niners have a simpler path to victory and more ways they can win the game with their D and run game, but if Jimmy G is forced to throw the ball a little more (like if the chiefs got out to a 2 score lead semi early), I could see some potential mistakes there.

Honestly I'm just expecting a good game either way with KC run D and Niners' pass rush being the key match ups.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a strange feeling Kendrick Bourne has a huge game or makes a crucial winning play.

I've had this avatar since November 17. It's been a bumpy ride, but when I wake up monday that avatar is going to either feel amazing and a great choice and commitment. Or it will feel hollow and I'll have a loser as an av.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jimmy G can't outscore Mahomes in a shoot-out, so he has to hope the Niners defense can slow the game down to their pace. Meanwhile Mahomes has to keep the game out of Reid's hands as much as he possibly can.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Chiefs have to stop the run to win. 49ers need to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field. Who ever does best at that is going to win. 49ers defense and offense has been better than the playoff teams the Chiefs faced.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've had this avatar since November 17. It's been a bumpy ride, but when I wake up monday that avatar is going to either feel amazing and a great choice and commitment. Or it will feel hollow and I'll have a loser as an av.

Yeah 13-3 Super Bowl seasons are such a bumpy ride.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Chiefs have to stop the run to win. 49ers need to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field. Who ever does best at that is going to win. 49ers defense and offense has been better than the playoff teams the Chiefs faced.

not just keep him off the field but keep him in the pocket when he's out there

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah 13-3 Super Bowl seasons are such a bumpy ride.

It causes me searing psychological pain to do this, but my medal compels me. Pretty sure Jozu means November 2017, not November 17th. They went 6-10 and 4-12 in the two seasons prior to this one, which I'm told will be their last ever in the league.

• 1Like

Jozu

It's sad this is the 49ers last season, such a shame. Hopefully it goes out with a bang! But yes thanks Gav, that's what I meant.

One thing I keep thinking about going into tomorrow is the past, and past super bowls and historical evidence which we can at least try to draw on in order to try and figure out what might happen, even though a lot of times its irrelevant.

But even with that said, looking back, and at this specific game for that matter, it's the offense vs the defense. Sometimes people forget that, the narrative gets so fucking nauseating it's like Mahomes is gonna be out there playing Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy G is not playing Pat Mahomey, he is playing the Chiefs defense.

So is Mostert the receivers and the rest of that 2nd ranked offense against the 29th ranked run defense in the league. The Chiefs ARE going to give up chunks on the ground. They are going to surrender yards, I dont think anyone doubts that. Are they awful? No, but the 49ers can score on that Chiefs defense and they are going to. They average 30 plus a game.

Mahomes has to face the 49ers defense which is much more difficult a task. He will get his, no doubt about that, he will score points too. But the SB is just different. There are long breaks due to TV timeouts, there is way more media coverage and circumstances. This favors the 49ers. Mahomes is a rythm QB, the long breaks, extended halftime, it's all going to help the 49ers. On defense they can rest and diagnose the previous play and series.

So the 49ers only need to score 30 points to win, maybe even 27. Against Chiefs defense it's just likely.

The Chiefs have to get to 31 at least, and thinking the 49ers surrender 30 plus with this group of guys and everyone healthy is madness. Chiefs will be lucky to get more than 20. If they win it will because Chiefs D played a legendary game or special teams.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think the niners are clearly the more complete team. They will be able to move the ball on the KC defense, whether it's on the ground or through the air. KC will need some quick points through either explosive plays or turnovers. If the niners get up a couple of scores and start grinding the clock KC will be in trouble. Niners will let them have short passes and runs and not even care if they score on a long drive and then kill them with the run game just like they did with Green Bay and Minnesota.

On the other hand, no team is better than the Chiefs at explosive plays and Jimmy G has been known to throw a pick or two so it could easily end in a KC win if a few things go their way.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Chiefs ARE going to give up chunks on the ground. They are going to surrender yards, I dont think anyone doubts that. Are they awful? No, but the 49ers can score on that Chiefs defense and they are going to. They average 30 plus a game.

Just remember this is the same run defense that held Derrick "I'm going to rush for 200 yards every game" Henry to 69 yards on 19 carries in the AFC championship game. 49ers were the 2nd ranked run offense in the regular season, Titans were ranked 3rd.

All that said, I think Shanahan's scheme will have more success than a probably tired Henry who had 30+ touches in back to back weeks before playing the Chiefs...but weird stuff happens. It's not that it's Jimmy G v. Mahomes only, but while teams like Baltimore, San Fran, and Tennessee look great with a lead and their ability to run the ball...IF the situation arises where the Chiefs end up 2+ scores at some point, it could change the dynamic a little bit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
On the other hand, no team is better than the Chiefs at explosive plays and Jimmy G has been known to throw a pick or two so it could easily end in a KC win if a few things go their way.

I'm probably going to jinx this and this post will age poorly as shit, but I still can't understand why people continue to shit on Jimmy. I've mentioned it here multiple times - his passer rating after throwing an INT is 128.5. Then there's also the narrative that we're fucked if the Chiefs get ahead via explosive plays, Pat Mahomes, etc. Guess who has the highest passer rating in the NFL this year when his team is trailing? Yup...Jimmy!

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fuck, I just realized that I'm unable to watch it until I get back from work on Monday. That means no internet during the day. Luckily the russians at work do not give a shit about nfl

Jozu

Jimmy is going to shut everyone the fuck up today. Either that or the plans for Levi stadium's demolition need to be drafted and employees given notice that they will no longer have a job because there is no more 49ers.

But seriously, Jimmy G 3rd down and 4th quarter numbers are the type of stats people jerk off about when propping up a player, yet dismiss it with Jimmy.

Garoppolo is not a weak link on this team, the people who spout that filth are inbred. His record as a starter and top 6 stats this year prove it, and he will prove it again today. I dont even care if he throws an interception. His stats coming off a pick are ridiculous. Real Niner fans who actually watch them know Jimmy throwing a pick is almost a good omen in a way. It means he is playing aggressive, which is when he is at his best. When he goes conservative and doesnt throw picks he almost plays WORSE. I could be wrong but all 3 of their losses were games where he did NOT throw a pic.

Last edited:

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Jimmy is going to shut everyone the fuck up today. Either that or the plans for Levi stadium's demolition need to be drafted and employees given notice that they will no longer have a job because there is no more 49ers.

Never change... also get checked out for bipolar disorder