NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not totally sure he's right in that I still think there are plenty of guys who should be in that aren't in...although they definitely should probably have spots over certain others that are already in.

Sterling

El Presidente
Making it harder to get in just ends up with you having people being left out that should be in over people that already are in. It's not really something you can do unless you want to prune people and that will never happen. Does anyone really think people are too dumb to know that there's a difference between Michael Jordan and Joe Dumars?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is the Bill Simmons pyramid concept. Where a Hall of Fame only has 100 members, if you want to induct a new one, an existing one has to get kicked out and they become legacy members.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
I am desperately trying to find a light side to how I feel about pro football typical Cleveland fucking a SANE player went all William of Wallace on a QB *as the game ended in our favor* !1!! Needed to let that out.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's the hall of FAME though. People tend to think it's the hall of greatness, or hall of achievement. It's a popularity contest.

Some guys get in strictly due to their no nonsense game on the field and jus produce consistently. Others get in because of famous moments, others have a tremendous few years and get in.

Shit like Art Monk let's u see all u need to know though as far as raw merit.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There are 326 players in the hall of fame and 23,204 players to have ever played. That's an induction rate of 1.4%. It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of 100 Greatest Players Ever. I think I'm ok with 1.4% of players getting in. From there, everybody knows that Jerry Rice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lynn Swann.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Sterling

El Presidente
There are 326 players in the hall of fame and 23,204 players to have ever played. That's an induction rate of 1.4%. It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of 100 Greatest Players Ever. I think I'm ok with 1.4% of players getting in. From there, everybody knows that Jerry Rice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lynn Swann.
Yeah this is exactly why the Basketball HoF is a joke. There's 178 out of 4k or so all time players. Closer to 5 percent. It's retarded. The NFL HoF is mostly alltime greats but there's a handful of dudes there for other reasons. You will sometimes get the Eli's and Namaths for narrative reasons or the dudes that had a handful of really crazy seasons like Sayers or Terrell Davis.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
As a Broncos fan, I don't give a rat's ass about the hall. Too many Denver greats have been snubbed over and over for the more popular east and west coast teams.

• 1Leg Drop

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's the hall of FAME though. People tend to think it's the hall of greatness, or hall of achievement. It's a popularity contest.

Some guys get in strictly due to their no nonsense game on the field and jus produce consistently. Others get in because of famous moments, others have a tremendous few years and get in.

Shit like Art Monk let's u see all u need to know though as far as raw merit.

I don't entirely agree, especially with the Monk example. Yes, it was totally fucked it took so long for him, but it has been noted that the WR position in general has had some issues getting into the Hall. In general, I think the Hall does a good job bringing in deserving guys.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I still don't know who to take in our pick um league. I can pick the O/U at 54.5 or 49ers +1 or KC -1. Any non biased suggestions?