NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hoss, Arians is one hell of a coach. He's no Belichick but there's a reason Winston led the league in passing yards and it's not because Winston is a good QB. I could see Brady being more successful than Bill in the short term and that's all he needs to do. Checkmate Darth Bill.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Brady being less than stellar in Tampa shouldn't be a referendum on his career simply because he was already less than stellar in New England last year. He's an old man, his career is clearly on the down swing. He's not worth $30m at this stage of his career, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not the greatest of all time, regardless of the presence of Belichick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I dont think it's just a matter of Brady playing poorly, but a combination him playing poorly and some nobody coming from out of nowhere and lighting it up for NE would suggest the system played a pretty strong role in is career

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit yall are just straight up frightened to answer this question. How about instead of sharing your excuses now, you write them down in your journal and pull them out in a year if they still make sense? That way you don't look like gormless little bitches and it leaves you some flexibility if you decide to go with "the new coach is a moron" instead.

Goddamn Hoss, I'm torn between being charitable and appealing to some basic common sense in you to let you save a little face on this one, or just shouting you down for the moron you are being about this. Nothing he's going to do in his age 43 season when age has been causing him to decline already for a couple of years now (despite whatever he thinks of his ability to play until 45 or whenever) is going to prove jack shit. It's like betting on a fight in which you know one of the guys is going to take a fall and acting like you were smart as fuck for putting your money on the opponent.

Wherever one stands on "system QB or not" as far as Brady goes, this year (and the last couple) isn't going to be a win for people on either side on that debate. It's just going to add to Time's undefeated streak.

• 1Like

Merrith

Hoss, Arians is one hell of a coach. He's no Belichick but there's a reason Winston led the league in passing yards and it's not because Winston is a good QB. I could see Brady being more successful than Bill in the short term and that's all he needs to do. Checkmate Darth Bill.

Winston IS a good QB at putting up numbers. He just happens to put up too many bad ones to go along with the good ones.

Although it would be funny as fuck if he just needed Lasik to turn into a decent starter magically this year (assuming he ever gets another chance at it). He's still a top 5 backup QB for someone, easily.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brady also had nobody to throw to for 2019, why else would they have been so desperate as to give a trainwreck like Antonio Brown a chance? Edelman was doubled all year long and Sanu is solid but not a rockstar.

I kinda hope he immediately leads Tampa to a commanding regular season performance and a deep playoff run just so people will finally shut the fuck up about him.

• 2Like

Merrith

There is a nonzero chance that going from Edelman playing hurt all year to throwing to Mike Evans and Godwin with Brate and OJ Howard at tight end could work out. I still think Tampa has way too many holes, and his age has been catching up to him, but stranger things have happened.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Winston IS a good QB at putting up numbers. He just happens to put up too many bad ones to go along with the good ones.

Although it would be funny as fuck if he just needed Lasik to turn into a decent starter magically this year (assuming he ever gets another chance at it). He's still a top 5 backup QB for someone, easily.
Winston reminds me of high end video game items. Some great stats but also some shitty ones to balance it out. Then you sit there debating whether you should equip it or not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dont think it's just a matter of Brady playing poorly, but a combination him playing poorly and some nobody coming from out of nowhere and lighting it up for NE would suggest the system played a pretty strong role in is career

I mean, he threw for 4000 yards, 24 TD 8 int. It was definitely not one of his most impressive seasons but it's not like he went out there and shit the bed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Bucs biggest needs are offensive line and run game. Defense wasn't near as bad in reality as they were statistically last season. Having the worst starting field position AND taking the field for the most series of any defense in the league tends to skew numbers the wrong way. The offense won't move near as quickly since Brady tends to favor shorter throws AND he'll turn the ball over a lot less which will help the defense tremendously.

Sterling

El Presidente
Bucs biggest needs are offensive line and run game. Defense wasn't near as bad in reality as they were statistically last season. Having the worst starting field position AND taking the field for the most series of any defense in the league tends to skew numbers the wrong way. The offense won't move near as quickly since Brady tends to favor shorter throws AND he'll turn the ball over a lot less which will help the defense tremendously.
Ball security certainly should improve. And the defense was definitely better later in the season than it was early on.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
So I'm hearing 30 million per year for Brady which I thought New England offered that so he truly just wanted to leave.

It's clear that Brady wanted to retire a Patriot but he wanted things to end his way on his terms. The Patriots with Bill at the helm are not a team that operates that way. In 2018 he asked for and was denied an extension that would have ended his career in a Patriots uniform. Bill gave him cash incentives instead and Brady missed them. 2019 Brady saw the writing on the wall, knew he wanted to play for at least another couple seasons, and asked for the removal of the fran tag so he could explore that option if the Patriots weren't interested. He was granted the removal of the tag by the team. Its at this point where Brady and the Pats see where this is heading.

Fast forward to 2020 and the rumors have Bill at sticking firm to 1 year at less than 23 million per year with an offense that doesn't look great (paycut to reflect what Bill sees as fair value and as a way to try to make room to add another offensive weapon). There is no way Bill gives a 43 year QB a multi year deal with a significant pay increase. Brady wants at least 2 and is rumoredly irked with another pay cut that might not lead to anything. Bucs offer 2 years at 30 million per year and they have an offense that shows some promise. Brady takes the offer that gives him everything hes been asking for.

He'll end his career with TB and then Kraft will throw him a massive party in Gillette filled with old Asian American hookers and avocado ice cream.

Tom E. Curran is mostly a hack whose firmly in the Brady camp, but this article he wrote about it does a good job of explaining how it all went down and it seems rather reasonable.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's the thing. I'm not pushing anything. The silver lining with this shituation is that it won't be disputable anymore. He's either the greatest and will show it or he's a system QB and will show it. Right now it's just my opinion that it's always been Darth Bellicheat making him look good. Next year we'll have direct evidence. Within a few years we'll know for certain.

If he takes the Bucs to a couple playoff wins...that will be enough IMO to say it was probably mostly Brady. Outside of the Chiefs PM IMO, no QB can take the Bucs to the SB this year. Remember the Bucs passing defense is SHIT tier. Although I acknowledge Winston had the defense on the field way too much to have any sort of real chance of playing well. Come playoffs that will bite you in the ass.

If the Bucs win the division. Get a couple playoff wins. Brady adds another star to his forehead as the GOAT.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Outside of Edelman. 90% of the of NFL fans couldn't name 1 receiver or the RB for the Pats I bet. No one will be lighting it up in NE man. I HOPE, but nah. Won't happen.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bucs biggest needs are offensive line and run game.

Both I bet they will address in the draft. That was probably a stipulation on him going there. Some article I read said the Bucs will pretty much give into any demand Brady has for him to sign there.

Bucs are 14th this year in the draft that 1st round.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I'm a little more on the fence about Winston. He's always put up decent yards but isn't that because he would just sling the ball to Evans and Godwin and hope for a catch? Take away Arians and last year and he averages 22 TD 15 Int 4k yards 5 fumbles and 61% comp. Those aren't very good numbers outside of yards. He's always been careless with the ball and I think that's his biggest issue. 121 total TDs. 119 total Ints/fumbles.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Outside of Edelman. 90% of the of NFL fans couldn't name 1 receiver or the RB for the Pats I bet. No one will be lighting it up in NE man. I HOPE, but nah. Won't happen.

Sheds a small tear of joy. If anyone had told me Brahma would be my favorite NFL poster at any point in history, I would have never believed it. Thank you, Tom Brady.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
After these moves by BoB, I am proud to say that I am a life long Saints fan checking in.

You suck BoB.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn Hoss, I'm torn between being charitable and appealing to some basic common sense in you to let you save a little face on this one,

What face is there to save? I'm literally saying what I have been saying for about 5 years now and adding "finally we get a chance to put it to bed".

Nothing he's going to do in his age 43 season when age has been causing him to decline already for a couple of years now (despite whatever he thinks of his ability to play until 45 or whenever) is going to prove jack shit. It's like betting on a fight in which you know one of the guys is going to take a fall and acting like you were smart as fuck for putting your money on the opponent.

Wherever one stands on "system QB or not" as far as Brady goes, this year (and the last couple) isn't going to be a win for people on either side on that debate. It's just going to add to Time's undefeated streak.

You say shit like this. Then a few posts later say ....

There is a nonzero chance that going from Edelman playing hurt all year to throwing to Mike Evans and Godwin with Brate and OJ Howard at tight end could work out. I still think Tampa has way too many holes, and his age has been catching up to him, but stranger things have happened.

It's like you don't even understand what's being discussed. Which is it, is there a chance he does well, or zero chance whatsoever that the next couple of years will mean anything? I mean, I'm assuming if he wins another ring in tampa and the pats go under 500 you'll be willing to accept that as evidence. I might be wrong, I might be right, or it might be inconclusive. But I'm not going to sit here like a loser and shit out excuses before anything happens. The rest of his (and bill's) career will show what it shows.