NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh no, I forgot about Jackie Robinson!!!

Such banal and low hanging fruit that I thought to counter it before the point was made, but decided not to and see if someone would post a single name and think they made an informed and insightful point.

Do you think baseball was integrated to cause social upheaval and change, or despite it? Sure, some props to be given for integrating despite the predictable backlash, but my argument was it was a business decision, not social justice.

My argument would also be that society was moving in the direction of integrating baseball and generally anyhow, and did forcing it may have cause a longer, worse transition period than waiting until it was the overwhelming will of the public.

Also, how many how I players making a living in negro leagues were out of jobs because of integrating at a time it would cause a lot of backlash as well as not be widely accepted enough to help the majority of black players.

Forced social change may cause more issues longer term by being prescriptive of society rather than being reactionary to the will of the people or reflective of a changing society.

Also, comparing the plight of Jackie Robinson and black people of that era to now is a disservice and ignorant of either, as was already pointed out so I won't bother.

There is a really simple solution to all this. When the cops stop murdering black people, the players will stop kneeling.

• 2Moron
  • 2Imbecile
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is a really simple solution to all this. When the cops stop murdering black people, the players will stop kneeling.

Maybe if black people stopped breaking the law so goddamn much, they'd be less likely to run afoul of bad cops.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I worfed, but you might actually be serious....?

Either way, since you brought it up I suppose this is now the appropriate place for such discussions. I'll be back, need to prepare my response in a word processor that can organize chapters.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought sports were supposed to be a respite from that shit. Don't bring that shit here. Some of you never post here ever and now you are. Keep it to General.

• 2Pathetic

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I thought sports were supposed to be a respite from that shit. Don't bring that shit here. Some of you never post here ever and now you are. Keep it to General.

cucks hate being reminded that they are spineless cucks.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I thought sports were supposed to be a respite from that shit.
Funny, I thought so too, then I turned on MLB opening day and had BLACK LIVES MATTER bullshit thrown in my face everywhere I looked. We didn't bring this shit to sports, sports brought it TO US.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Funny, I thought so too, then I turned on MLB opening day and had BLACK LIVES MATTER bullshit thrown in my face everywhere I looked. We didn't bring this shit to sports, sports brought it TO US.

That doesn't mean you have to bring it to these threads which is his point i believe

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Pathetic

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, it's "us" bringing it here and not the sports themselves. I bet I have more posts than anyone in the nfl threads over the years, so let me just say, fuck off.

giphy.gif

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Some stuff was there...but then I just watched the game and it didn't matter anymore.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Some stuff was there...but then I just watched the game and it didn't matter anymore.
Didn't matter to you perhaps. But there's others out there who aren't going to just bend over and take it and continue forking over their money to mega-corps who are pumping out BLACK LIVES MATTER bullshit and brainwashing the naive into believing there's some sort of white on black violence epidemic. It's fucking disgusting.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like a bunch of snowflakes who get triggered over some kneeling. What a bunch of pussies.

• 5Faggotry
  • 2Imbecile
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Uhoh, unmarked forum police telling people where they can post! What rule am I breaking? Am I being detained!? Am I free to go?

And this is the general section? Start a thread in the grown up section? Where all three very polite and sophisticated fans can gather without us undesirables.

If so many fans weren't self hating cowards maybe the discussion would stick to sports because the teams would be sticking to sports. Unfortunately, here we are.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Sounds like a bunch of snowflakes who get triggered over some kneeling. What a bunch of pussies.

I'd like to ask you to try to stay on a related topic and not just hurl insults.

How many blacks were murdered by police last year, and why hasn't Kaepernig's kneeling prevented it?

Remember when Michael Bennet lied about his Las Vegas incident and still duped the NFL into donating millions to racial injustice causes? How many black lives did that save?

• 1Faggotry

Merrith

Gankak Gankak if you guys don't win the Super Bowl with Adams, and end up paying whatever crazy money he thinks he deserves...will that trade ever be considered a win?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Gankak Gankak if you guys don't win the Super Bowl with Adams, and end up paying whatever crazy money he thinks he deserves...will that trade ever be considered a win?

I dunno on paper i like it, as our 2ndary has been soft since the LoB left. That said we need D Line just as bad if not worse than we did help in the back end. I hoped we would lock up Clowny but I suspect he wants more than anyone is willing to give and thats why he isn't signed yet. I fear we will over pay for him as the season gets closer and then I think we are in win now mode which I had always hoped we would stay away from.

Merrith

I dunno on paper i like it, as our 2ndary has been soft since the LoB left. That said we need D Line just as bad if not worse than we did help in the back end. I hoped we would lock up Clowny but I suspect he wants more than anyone is willing to give and thats why he isn't signed yet. I fear we will over pay for him as the season gets closer and then I think we are in win now mode which I had always hoped we would stay away from.

Yeah at first I thought Clowney not signing early meant he was going to end up with a lowball offer...but now I think his patience is going to pay off and a couple teams will think he could be the missing piece and get into a small bidding war for him.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

if you win the Super Bowl but no one is watching, did it really matter?

• 1Solidarity

Rude

Potato del Grande
Did Kaepernick get signed by anyone yet or is the NFL only virtue signaling about BLM?

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users