NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
First full season in 2008 after being drafted in 2005. We have a PGH office and they don't seem that bright but I'm sure you can count. That's 8 years and if you give him a 1-2 year pass for being in live games, that's 6 years of Prime time.

*late edit because we like lists - Revealing the best NFL quarterbacks in the two-minute drill | The MMQB with Peter King

From 2014 but still. Ben nowhere to be found amongst the likes of Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Good Ole' Jay Cutler.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I'm defending a fucking Packer, specifically one who has slain the Bears countless times and ruined us. What fucking world is this?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you are cherry picking years now? Lmfao

OK dumbfuck lets do it your way. If we DOUBLED Aaron Rodgers career and thus doubled his number of 4th Q comebacks he would have EIGHTEEN YEARS (more than Manning and more than Brady) PLAYED AND A WHOLE 20 4TH QUARTER COMEBACKS.

Still good for a whopping 26th all-time. Not even close. Get the fuck out.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You don't really need to look at stats or rings or anything else to know how good Rodgers is. You just have to watch him play. When he's at the top of his game there is no one like him. Brady is great. Really great. He can't do what Rodgers does though. Nobody can. I think if Rodgers had switched lives with Brady, the Pats have 2 more superbowls.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what level of mathematics you've reached but you do, of course, know that is now how statistics work, right? You fucking twat.
Welp.....I figured you could take Rodgers career and figure out the number of 4th Q comebacks he has per/yr compared to some others since your dumbass was whining about how he has only played X amount of years. Apparently this higher mathz was too much for you, so I tried to put it in retard form for you to grasp.

But we get it. You are some derp Bears fan that only watches NFC North football and are clueless as fuck about the rest of the league (ie your Brady and Manning in their prime statement......fuck you are daft).

But go ahead, keep digging that hole deeper and making yourself look dumber and dumber.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rodgers is literally better than him in every statistical category: completion %, td to int %, td %, int %, QB rating, he throws the ball further downfield more regularly, etc.

So he completes the ball at a higher percentage, while throwing downfield more often, while completing more of his passes for TDs and turning it over to the opposition less often.

Want to tell me again how Tom Brady is better than Aaron Rodgers at anything besides winning SBs? Oh, he gets sacked less.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
First full season in 2008 after being drafted in 2005. We have a PGH office and they don't seem that bright but I'm sure you can count. That's 8 years and if you give him a 1-2 year pass for being in live games, that's 6 years of Prime time.

*late edit because we like lists - Revealing the best NFL quarterbacks in the two-minute drill | The MMQB with Peter King

From 2014 but still. Ben nowhere to be found amongst the likes of Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Good Ole' Jay Cutler.

So Rodgers is good at 4QB comebacks since 2014 (but still only fifth) -- that's not what you originally said. If you say he's great with no qualifiers than that career list shows that's probably not so much the case. Of course, the list is incomplete, too. There's nothing about number of opportunities there.

Really feel like you're letting anecdotal moments cloud your thinking, perhaps because your team is in the same division as him so you are much more exposed to his play.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
As for your "Rodgers sucks in the final two minutes," this is the data from 2008 to 2013 of how a QB performed in the final 5 minutes of a game when trailing by 8 or less or tied.

screen-shot-2013-09-24-at-11-11-53-am.png

Oh wow, look who's #2 on the fucking list. Over the course of that time, Green Bay allowed TWENTY game-winning drives. But yes, it's Aaron's fault.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Apparently, Screamfeeder has an alt for the sports forum and it's genj. Good to know. You are literally a retard and I'm guessing you are big on RBI's.

@Dick I'll concede that anecdotal evidence may cloud my judgement slightly. That said, perception that I've experienced (at the bar, work, yada) matches my version of reality. Which is, Rodgers is the scariest guy on the planet with the game on the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Cutler

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently, Screamfeeder has an alt for the sports forum and it's genj. Good to know. You are literally a retard and I'm guessing you are big on RBI's.

@Dick I'll concede that anecdotal evidence may could my judgement slightly. That said, perception that I've experienced (at the bar, work, yada) matches my version of reality. Which is, Rodgers is the scariest guy on the planet with the game on the line.
Eli Manning > Rodgers. Give me Eli every time if I'm down 7 or less.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As for your "Rodgers sucks in the final two minutes," this is the data from 2008 to 2013 of how a QB performed in the final 5 minutes of a game when trailing by 8 or less or tied.

View attachment 111948

Oh wow, look who's #2 on the fucking list. Over the course of that time, Green Bay allowed TWENTY game-winning drives. But yes, it's Aaron's fault.

I've always felt the gold standard of QB greatness is the final 5 minutes of games when they're down by no more than eight or tied between 2008 and 2013.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yup. QBs who aren't consistently down by roughly 1 touchdown in the final 5 minutes of the majority of their games are all overrated garbage who belong on the bench.

PS: Lol at Itlan, does Eli even have a 50% career winrate?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've always felt the gold standard of QB greatness is the final 5 minutes of games when they're down by no more than eight or tied between 2008 and 2013.
Did I ever make that argument? I'm pretty sure Genj was arguing that Rodgers isn't a good QB when it comes to needing a game winning drive.

Try to pay attention. I know it's confusing there's multiple pages and stuff, but we can work through this.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup. QBs who aren't consistently down by roughly 1 touchdown in the final 5 minutes of the majority of their games are all overrated garbage who belong on the bench.

PS: Lol at Itlan, does Eli even have a 50% career winrate?
NFL Career Game-Winning Drives Leaders (since 1960) | Pro-Football-Reference.com

You're right, that list of career winning drives all-time is filled with bottom of the barrel QBs.

And he's 20 games above .500. He also had two SB rings. ;)

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want to tell me again how Tom Brady is better than Aaron Rodgers at anything besides winning?
Ftfy........because at the end of the day, winning (and Super Bowl wins) will always be the reason guys are remembered. Not saying its right, but its how they are viewed.

Rodgers 90-45 as a starter
Brady 183-52

Brees is a casualty of the same thing, maybe even to a worse degree when you see the video game numbers he has put up while literally carrying that team on his back without a defense, running game, or huge name receivers. Passing numbers wont ever be looked at in a vacuum and not factored in with winning. Its how it has been and always will be. Brady will get the credit, but its honestly a Patriots organizational achievement more than anything to have that much success over such a long period. Brady has been to six freaking Super Bowls (likely 7 this year) which I doubt is ever replicated in our lifetimes.

But to your point.....mechanically, yes, its hard to argue against Rodgers (who will be in the HoF one day at any rate).

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is my point. Thank you for acknowledging it. A lot more goes into winning SBs than QB play.

As for your point, you're also correct. Brady will be remembered for his rings. But Rodgers will most likely forever be remembered in my head as the best QB I've ever seen sling the ball around.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did I ever make that argument? I'm pretty sure Genj was arguing that Rodgers isn't a good QB when it comes to needing a game winning drive.

Try to pay attention. I know it's confusing there's multiple pages and stuff, but we can work through this.
I think you need to pay attention. I never said Rodgers was bad.

This is what a_skeleton_06 posted.

a_skeleton_06 said:
If a team scores on the Packers to take the lead and there is like 1 minute left and no timeouts, I automatically assume that Rodgers is going to drive them down and win the game. There really isn't anyone else I feel so surely about completing that task even Brady and Manning Prime.

It was in response to that last part, when those 2 QBs are number 1 and 2 on that list of all-time comebacks....and saying you would take Rodgers over the guys who have done it more than anyone in history is pretty fucking stupid.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rodgers has been letdown by his team more than any other QB in those situations, I'm willing to bet. To give up 20 leads over the span of 6 years is ridiculous, 7 of those Rodgers leading a GW drive in the final 2 and then the defense losing it again?

But fair enough, I don't think I'd make the above argument. It sounded like you were shitting on Rodgers, honestly. But I could've misinterpreted that.

My apologies homie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Over the course of that time, Green Bay allowed TWENTY game-winning drives. But yes, it's Aaron's fault.

That's a very good addition to the data. Games blown by the defense after a score in the last few minutes and number of opportunities to have a fourth quarter comeback are extremely relevant here.

• 1Solidarity