NHL 2014-15 Season Thread

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Avs finally scored a goal! Then another one! With .5 seconds left in the game to win in Boston. Looks like they won't go goalless for the entire season after all!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Stupid sexy Lundqvist gave up FIVE goals in the second period before getting pulled last night, Rangers D looked actually WORSE than it did during the cup finals, and the Isles are looking pretty sharp thus far. Why has my god forsaken me!? Already preparing for the inevitable dick kick that will be Tuesdays game.

On the bright side, Nash has 4 goals and an assist in the first three games! That's something, right? RIGHT!?

/cry

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well 4-1 after 2 periods for the Lightning, I knew it would catch up to us with these slow start. First real good team we face and they take advantage of it. Hedman is having one hell of a game and Stamkos is being himself with 3 goals. Doubt we come back in this one.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grimm your Ovie hate is so cute. You gotta sell a little sometimes. It was still a hook. A very gentle one, but a hook.

Merrith

Christ better not be another season of constant shootouts. Ovechkin is hot to start the year off though, and I'll take no regulation losses through 3 games considering who we played (Montreal, Boston, San Jose).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Fucking Oilers. There is no sense to the lineup decisions being made. None. Petry benched? Marincin in the AHL? how much fucking sense does it make that our two best D are not playing, while Brad fucking Hunt is playing 18-20 minutes a night? He can't fucking skate! There is a reason he is a career minor leaguer for fuck sake. When does this shit stop?

Merrith

Fucking Oilers. There is no sense to the lineup decisions being made. None. Petry benched? Marincin in the AHL? how much fucking sense does it make that our two best D are not playing, while Brad fucking Hunt is playing 18-20 minutes a night? He can't fucking skate! There is a reason he is a career minor leaguer for fuck sake. When does this shit stop?
This is how I felt every time John Erskine has gotten a sweater the past few seasons.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tyler Toffoli with some absolute filth.

867969041.gif

Ovie saw the defender's stick graze his skate and instinctively dove to the floor of his den and started whining to the credenza for a tripping penalty.

OK I think I got those out of my system for now=P

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That wasn't filth by Toffoli. That was him embarrassing an AHL defenseman. Hunt is fucking awful, as that play clearly demonstrated. Toffoli was probably laughing the entire time.

Merrith

Grimm...it's just bad when you're a Pens fan bitching about another team diving. Now...if you were talking about Marchand or something...

Some serious business stick waving going on in that gif. Tough D.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep expecting some kind of clever or funny repartee, obviously forgetting I am talking to Caps fans.

Pens schedule has left me too much time. Started 2 days after opening day for the league, day off, game, then a fucking 4 day break after 2 games? 3 day break coming up in a couple then play 6 games in 9 days.

1 DAY ON 1-2 DAY OFF NHL! WHAT THE FUCK!

Merrith

That is an odd schedule. They'll make up for it with tons of nationally televised games for the Pens later in the year I'm sure.

Witty repartee? Just the facts Grimm, just the facts. Considering I have to hope for the Caps to provide me with some joy given my other teams lately (Redskins/Nats)...yeah, don't expect too much funny out of me. I mean shit...I guess there's the Wizards too. But really what's the point seeing them have a "good year" only to not get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Shit...was I talking about the Wizards or...fuck.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
goddammit

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Blackhawks dominated the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night, but it wasn't enough to beat goalie Jonas Hiller or the fortitude of his teammates.

Despite being outshot 50-18 at United Center, the Flames won for the second time in as many nights by riding Hiller's 49-save effort to a 2-1 overtime victory that ended 25 seconds short of a shootout on center Mikael Backlund's goal.

It was the first time the Flames won a game in which they allowed 50-plus shots since Game 1 of the 2004 Western Conference Final, when they were victorious despite being outshot 52-37.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So how about them Oilers? 23 goals against in 4 games isn't too shabby, right?

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Pens schedule has left me too much time. Started 2 days after opening day for the league, day off, game, then a fucking 4 day break after 2 games? 3 day break coming up in a couple then play 6 games in 9 days.
The Canucks schedule is just as bad. They've only played 2 games thus far, and their 3rd game isn't until tomorrow. The last time they hit the ice was on Saturday. Now they have back to back games coming up before another few days off. Meanwhile we have teams with 4-5 games played. The schedule makers have always been retarded in the NHL though, so this is nothing new.