NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Atlantic shaping up like last year already as well except for Ottawa and Boston both doing slightly better. Poor Babcock... the Leafs are so bad. Six points in twelve games.
Yeah, I definitely think it's going to be a process for the Leafs learning Babcock's system. Not going to be a quick fix, at least no completely. I think at some point this year though you'll see the team start to "get it" and be pretty competitive, even if they don't have the talent to really contend for anything.

Merrith

Man Winnik after giving Leafs the lead against Caps took a very awkward fall. Not pretty. Also Ovechkin tied Federov for most goals by a Russian born player (483).

Merrith

Ovechkin ties the game...but no, another replay challenge. Waiting for some good looks of it to get posted, but sure looked like Williams contacted Riemer outside the crease initially, then was pushed/held in by defenseman. Not to mention none of it seemed to prevent Riemer from doing his job.

This shit will cause riots come playoff time.

Merrith

Backstrom ties it with 0.8 left, Ovechkin the only goal in the shootout. Sorry Babcock, even your challenge didn't save you.

Merrith

Weird review in Caps/Wings. Looked like Holtby reached back past goal line to swat puck back out of the net but could never see the puck under the gear/glove so no goal. I feel like it had to actually be across the line, but honestly could never see the puck.

Merrith

Mrazek isn't a half bad goaltender

Twitter
I know towards the end of the 3rd I would swear he was on acid stone-walling us like he did. Great game by him. Feel like Holtby gave up that fluke goal out of guilt for getting away with one in the 1st.

Merrith

It's like the Flyers don't watch any tape. Kuznetsov just pulled off his ridiculous go around the net but hook the puck near side assist play again with Oshie.

Merrith

2nd time in 3 games Ovechkin breaks the Russian record only to have it wiped out due to coach's challenge.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kuznetsov is tearing it up this season. Hope he sticks around a while.

I think he really started to gel well towards February or so last season.

Merrith

Kuznetsov is tearing it up this season. Hope he sticks around a while.

I think he really started to gel well towards February or so last season.
Burakovsky looked a lot better tonight too. All Swede line was pretty good in general. Helps being able to put Justin Williams on 3rd line too.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Great game tonight at the garden against another great team with a hot goaltender. Sat him the fuck down. Zuc is on fire and Lundqvist remains Lundqvist. I'm not used to the Rangers having a start like this. It isn't usually until Dec that we take off but the boys are officially off and rolling.

Merrith

Great game tonight at the garden against another great team with a hot goaltender. Sat him the fuck down. Zuc is on fire and Lundqvist remains Lundqvist. I'm not used to the Rangers having a start like this. It isn't usually until Dec that we take off but the boys are officially off and rolling.
Way early to start talking about teams that are out of it, but Metro is already shaping up with a bit of a gap between top 5 and bottom 3. Still only surprise would be Jersey in that top 5 instead of Columbus, everything else is basically what we all expected. If season ended today Metro would be getting 5 in and Detroit/Boston would be shit out of luck (not to forget about Buffalo who's right there with both of those 2 teams chasing top 3 in Atlantic)

Merrith

Sabres are .500 for the first time since 2012. Feels good man.
That team really put some pieces in place this offseason to be exciting. I'm really interested to see what they do the rest of the year. Prior to Kuznetsov's emergence, I always wanted the Caps to make a move for ROR.

Merrith

Kuznetsov is pretty good in 3 on 3.

Caps play Stars tomorrow, last time Caps beat Dallas was back in '08. Federov became all time leader in goals among Russian born players that night. Some weird symmetry.