NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Considering how disgusted I was after last seasons first round exit, i'm surprised at how excited I am. Don't know about Laviolette, but i'm pretty excited for the assistant coaches and development staff Drury brought in. Weird thing to get excited about but everything i've seen and read about them checks every box for me. This particular house cleaning was LONG over due.

Also alot of new young talent across the league i'm looking forward to watching and hopefully far fewer teams blatantly tanking for Bedard. That shit really gets annoying when the top teams are neck and neck in the standings and it comes down to who played the most bottom feeders for free points. There needs to be a better point spread and I think we'll get it this season.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is Toronto's year.

1e41eef6fd6ff84b0e013f757282a34d_w200.gif

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2024 "how good is the lightning training camp really" edition

Last edited:

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Considering how disgusted I was after last seasons first round exit, i'm surprised at how excited I am. Don't know about Laviolette, but i'm pretty excited for the assistant coaches and development staff Drury brought in. Weird thing to get excited about but everything i've seen and read about them checks every box for me. This particular house cleaning was LONG over due.

Also alot of new young talent across the league i'm looking forward to watching and hopefully far fewer teams blatantly tanking for Bedard. That shit really gets annoying when the top teams are neck and neck in the standings and it comes down to who played the most bottom feeders for free points. There needs to be a better point spread and I think we'll get it this season.
Ironically, it was the Hawks knocking the Penguins out of a playoff spot that got them points to put themselves into the spot to draft Bedard.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will Montreal. Buffalo, or Ottawa make waves this season? I think of of these 3 Ottawa has the most balanced team and if they are actually healthy they might grab a playoff spot.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
having 2 threads with arizona in the title is too much

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Will Montreal. Buffalo, or Ottawa make waves this season? I think of of these 3 Ottawa has the most balanced team and if they are actually healthy they might grab a playoff spot.
Buffalo for sure will. They had the best offense in the league last year and are loaded with young defenseman. Once Levi got called up at the end of the season it looked to stabilize their goaltending. Ottawa should be better as well, but still questions on defense and goaltending. Montreal is gonna suck dick again. No goaltending, only a few good forwards and defense is still lacking.

• 1Truth!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looking for the Wings to just be better than last year. Toronto fans might disagree, but we actually have 5 NHL caliber defensemen behind the Seider-Walman pairing. This is an exciting thing that we haven't had in years.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Looking for the Wings to just be better than last year. Toronto fans might disagree, but we actually have 5 NHL caliber defensemen behind the Seider-Walman pairing. This is an exciting thing that we haven't had in years.

I think Detroit will be better this year, but goaltending will be a problem, and you have one line of forwards that can score. You have to have four lines with depth to make real waves. I'll be surprised if Detroit makes the playoffs this year after the year they just had.

Montreal is going to be terrible again. They don't have lines that can put together goals consistently, and they don't have anyone who can stop goals. Possibly bottom of the league.

Ottawa has a chance, but I think this is going to come down to coaching for them. They have some talent, it's just a matter of can they put it to good use?

Buffalo is a big question mark. Have some talent, decent coaching, I guess we'll see if they can put anything together.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I think Detroit will be better this year, but goaltending will be a problem, and you have one line of forwards that can score. You have to have four lines with depth to make real waves. I'll be surprised if Detroit makes the playoffs this year after the year they just had.

We effectively have an average first line and 3 good 3rd lines. Definitely not ideal. Raymond needs a good year after his sophomore slump. Hopefully we see Kasper, Soderblom and maybe Mazur force their way on to the team by the end of the year.

It is weird to see the D go from youngish and bad to mediocre and old over the last few years. At least we can rotate the 5 old farts over the course of the season. If Edvinsson's recovery from surgery goes well and he gets a spot, it will be interesting to see who gets forced out. Hopefully Chiarot.

I'm hopeful that Husso can bounce back from last year as long as Reimer and Lyon can carry more off the load than Hellberg and Ned did. We do really need Cossa and/or Augustine to pan out though.

At best they'll be a bubble team and I expect them miss the playoffs. Just hopefully not as badly this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Agree MTL has a long way to go. Sens and Sabres should be sneaky good though. Dunno about about that Sanderson contract, but I like what those teams are doing. I can see either of them jumping Boston or Florida in the Atlantic. If not next season than in the near future for sure. TB's depth is gonna get tested pretty soon too but they just know how to flip that switch and play the important games better than anyone. I know it's gotta come eventually with them, but i'll believe it when I see it.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TB's depth is gonna get tested pretty soon too but they just know how to flip that switch and play the important games better than anyone. I know it's gotta come eventually with them, but i'll believe it when I see it.

As somebody who watches pretty much every game I am pretty confident in saying we don't have Killorn last season we struggle for a wildcard spot. This season for sure gonna be interesting. Got my eye on Essimont this league for depth. Yea he doesn't score, but he's the kind of wear you down grinder you can really take advantage of in the right situations on a depth line. Scoring will go way down with the loss of Colton and Killorn the the powerplay dynamic will be shaken up with the loss of Perry but honestly don't think that's such a bad thing. Also interested to see Nick Perbix and Darren Raddysh develop on the team, besides Vassy its gonna be up to our heavily invested in D more so then ever to really plug the holes in the team this season. Hopefully they've gotten rid of all that sloppy play that lead to stupid mistakes they made all regular season (and during the playoffs but losing Cernak hurt so I give them a pass).

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The way I see the Atlantic is that Toronto and Tampa are the 2 best teams. 2 of Florida, Boston, Buffalo, Detroit and Ottawa will make the playoffs along with them. Florida went to the cup but they did so on a hot run by Bobrovsky. During the season they barely made the playoffs at all, they haven't done anything to get particularly better and have some major injuries that are going to last a few months on defense to start. Boston will have fallen off without their top 2 centers but they still have a very strong defensive core and goaltending behind them. Buffalo is probably the best of the 5 teams. If I had to pick 2 from that list, it would be Buffalo and Boston.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Panthers started last year banged up too. Second year under Maurice, core of the roster is the same with a couple minor upgrades/sidegrades. I think an improvement on the regular season performance should be expected.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I still wanna know what the fuck is going on with Lehner, i expect a public execution on the vegas strip and nothing less

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Allegations already coming out against Babcock for treatment of players in Columbus. What a scumbag.