NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider

Fadaar

That guy

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
man please don't let Stamkos go like they did Lecavalier
It don't think it'll be Stamkos, but it might be Cernak. Really hope its not Cirelli. Either way its going to suck unless JBB can work an absolute miracle.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
DeBrincat to Detroit and he extends for 4y, $7.87m. Ottowa gets Kubalik, Sebrango, a 4th and Detroit's choice of either theirs or Boston's 1st round pick next year.

• 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida

Knew of him since I grew up in Toronto, so they will always be my team. 2020 first round pick, it was found while he played for the Marlies. Just brutal, cancer fucking sucks.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Matthews got paaidddd.

And in 4 years?

ill-fuckin-do.png

I wonder if Detroit will be on his radar at that point.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting.

Id also want to know what the deviation between the highest and lowest contracts are between the leagues. As well as salary cap per active roster
I think the minimum salary is pretty close. NHL/MLB/NFL is all around $800k, more if you have years played. NBA is $1.1 mil.

NHL salary cap is $85mil and MLB technically doesnt have one.. but NFL is at $250 mil.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So he would be in the top 5% of earners in nfl, the top 25% in the nba and top 14% in mlb?

Is the shocker here that nhl brings in much less in terms of revenue than all of these other sports?

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So he would be in the top 5% of earners in nfl, the top 25% in the nba and top 14% in mlb?

Is the shocker here that nhl brings in much less in terms of revenue than all of these other sports?
He would be the highest paid player in all the leagues. Its just showing how low of a salary cap there is in the NHL and even the highest paid guy is middle of the road salary wise compared to other leagues.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe if these dipshits didnt make it so hard to watch the game they could generate more revenu instead of focusing on their "hockey is for everyone" rainbow jersey bullshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could care less about rainbow jerseys...the ESPN coverage is 90% fucking trash and biggest problem with the current product.

All that said, aside from covid their revenues have been doing nothing but go up the last bunch of years. Salary cap is expected to jump something like $5-10 million in the next couple seasons. They basically were stuck with a flat cap for a couple of years due to losses during covid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida

Worth every penny for the Leafs, and if you argue against that you are incorrect. He will be the highest paid till Drai gets a new contract, then McDavid, the maybe Bedard tbh. All prime years, lets the Leafs off the hook instead of till age 35 and is only a $1.6 mill raise.

I am happy, can they win the cup like that, IDK maybe? Without a stupid run by Bob, idk what Carolina / Toronto looks like. Hard to say, but you are closer to winning it with Auston than without.