Nicolas Cage announces retirement from acting.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After he goes broke and through rehab he will be back.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It doesn't say retiring from acting, it says film.

He states he wants to do 3 or 4 more films and then do shit like TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
So 3 or 4 more films which means he's retiring this Friday?

• 14Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He has done 25 movies in the last 5 years. Most actors don't do that many in their entire careers, lol.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The taboo of film actors doing TV stuff eroded long ago and we haven’t reached widespread “who cares” territory with big film actors doing TV yet, so not surprised to see him hop on that gravy train

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The taboo of film actors doing TV stuff eroded long ago and we haven’t reached widespread “who cares” territory with big film actors doing TV yet, so not surprised to see him hop on that gravy train

At this point the line between TV and movies is substantially blurred anyway. I've got a big TV and nice couch; I need a serious reason not to watch from home where I can have my own comparatively free snacks and pause to take a piss. Compared to prestige TV I increasingly find films limited due to the inability do develop material in 2 hours. I'd rather have good actors where the good stories are.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit, I'd argue that films are almost a dead medium. Look at all the shit being pumped out that no one is watching.

At least every once in a while we get a gem TV show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
He's a good actor in the handful of movies where he actually acts.

I hate the easy dunking on him. He’s a legit great actor. Look at his career. Sure he’s taking the pay day on a lot of shit but I hate how people pretend all he is is some random psycho making shit movies. He’s great when he wants to be

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He’s great when he wants to be

Which is always. He's been in some really shitty movies, but even when he's playing a stupid character in a stupid movie he still gives it his all. I've never seen a movie of his and thought "Man, this movie would be so much better without Cage". It's always "This movie sucks, but Cage is at least making his part fun"

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
He kind of reminds me of Adam Sandler where it seems the bulk of his work is one genre, where there are a number of classics and a bunch of other stuff. Then you have some out of left field projects where they really show you their range/ability. I remember watching Adaptation and being pretty blown away by Cage's performance. Likewise, Sandler in Punch Drunk Love (though way weirder/niche/artsy).

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's a good actor in the handful of movies where he actually acts.
Just in Kick Ass. Where completely does an an Adam West impression. That was amazing. Dude plays some whacky shit. I actually saw both of those ghost rider films in the theater and didn't mind.

• 1WTF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Cage had any real integrity he would have stayed in prison to prevent that Brittany Griner dude from being released.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users