Nintendo 3DS News, Games, etc.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'm waiting for the Wii U verison tbh. Just don't think I'd enjoy Smash on a handheld
its different for sure, and I probably wont ever play it again once its released on the wiiu(car rides I guess no internet tho = lame). I more or less just want a heads up on character moves, timing and any kind of tech may get found, since I assume both versions are basically going to be the same, minus handheld/console.

I got a DS with the new Zelda/pokemon for 60$ from a buddy, sold both the games to buy smash so I mean I got a nice deal on the system and the game is free because of the trade in, I wouldent buy a brand new ds or even used at the store for this, just got lucky so why not.

also itl be a nice time waster while at tournaments, if you cant get a free tv for friendlys.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll play it when im in bed, or taking a dump.. it's going to replace what SF4 was on the 3DS for me.. which i put like 400+ hours into since the 3DS came out lol

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
If anyone was thinking of upgrading their SD card, Amazon has a SanDisk 32gb for $16.

s21ak93.jpg

Siliconemelons

I think once the new 3ds comes out and I get one sometime for my wife I want to hack my current XL and be able to play roms and crap from the SD- is that still a thing? I know it was fairly easy on the DS

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Think I'm passing on Smash 3DS and just waiting for WiiU version as well. The way they're releasing this iteration of Smash is gay as shit as well. But that is par for the Nintendo course lately.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Eh? I don't think they have done a split console release like this, in ever.

I'm probably not buying it either, but if you think the 3DS version not existing would make the Wii U version come out sooner you are wrong. That shit was locked into the week before Thanksgiving or Christmas no matter what.

This version is mainly for the majority handheld-owning population of Japan, which is probably why Capcom is assisting with it.

I think once the new 3ds comes out and I get one sometime for my wife I want to hack my current XL and be able to play roms and crap from the SD- is that still a thing? I know it was fairly easy on the DS
Haven't kept up with the ROM stuff this generation but I heard it's much harder to do on the 3DS.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just finished Bravely Default and have to agree with others, loved the first 4 chapters then had to fight a bit to finish. Going on a long trip would like to pick up either a shorter rpg then BD or possibly a game similar to diablo. Any suggestions?

spronk

FPS noob
have you already played zelda a link between worlds, that was great and i liked it more than bravely default (which I did like). pokemon x or y also is very long and has similar fight/collect mechanics. I haven't played my copy yet but everyone says Fire Emblem Awakenings is also really good.

re: pirating 3ds games, I don't think its really possible yet. there is a device similar to the r4ds called gateway but i think it only works on a tiny handful of games and requires you to keep your 3DS at an old firmware, if you updated to anything in the last year (as most of us probably have) i don't think it works

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I played zelda. Had alot of fun with it. I'll have to take a look at fire emblem. what about Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan? how much of the back story would i need to know?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There is very little story in Etrian Odyssey. I actually started with IV when I bought my DS and after I finished Bravely Default(which is definitely great) and had no issue, as far as I understand they're standalone stories. Game is more about mechanics than story anyway, at least the main series episodes, so IV has a very thin story, you can literally ignore most of it. In the remakes of the old ones(Untold is the remake of the first one and they're making a remake of the 2nd one that releases soonish in japan so in a few months over here), they added a story mode which has voiced characters and well, an actual story, so not sure about these but since they're remaking them from the start it's not a big issue.

On which to buy first I've heard conflicting things, they're both good games and decent starting points in the series. The main difference is if you play in story mode, you have a set party due to them being actual characters, while in classic mode(or just the only mode in IV), you get to make your own party out of the available classes so you can do more stuff. Also to note, the gameplay is like the old school dungeon roaming 1st person games like Wizardry and what not(recently Might & Magic X or Grimrock) and a large aspect of the game is the fact you have to draw your map yourself, via the touchscreen. It's really easy and fun to do though.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
its sad this new version is for wii u since they are just gonna project M it(basically buying a wii u for a modded smash4), smash 4 will not be competitive, its going to stay melee for another 2-4 years, then it will either die at melee or transition into project M, or project M4(for smash4) no L cancelling makes smash 4 way to defensive and slow alah brawl, if im correct that scene is all but dead, while 0 to death combos may be gay or w/e its a lot flashier and a lot more exciting to watch, than pure defensive based fighter.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Shulk isn't as good as i was hoping for in smash but he seems pretty fun regardless.. both him and robin are pretty technical characters it seems.
Shulk requires stances for more damage output, or launchers etc

Robin has 20 TP on his tome, and 20 TP on his smash sword which can break.. once it breaks hes a bit weaker i guess? so you have to keep track of that shit.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my Zelda edition 3DS is acting up, basically turning off in the middle of gameplay, etc.

So when I called to get it repaired, I got some bullshit about "in case they can't fix it" they'll send me a brand new Blue or Red 3DS XL.

All I can think is some fucking nerd at Nintendo is going to take my precious and claim they can't fix it and stick with me a plain Red 3DS XL -_-
frown.png
wah

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So my Zelda edition 3DS is acting up, basically turning off in the middle of gameplay, etc.

So when I called to get it repaired, I got some bullshit about "in case they can't fix it" they'll send me a brand new Blue or Red 3DS XL.

All I can think is some fucking nerd at Nintendo is going to take my precious and claim they can't fix it and stick with me a plain Red 3DS XL -_-
frown.png
wah
take the upgrade and say fuck it? my ds could be shaped like dogshit for all I care, and colored like poop.