Skyrim
Mario
Sonic
Monster Hunter
Dragon Quest XI
5 placeholders (?)
Lego Undercover
Just Dance

Except for Zelda and Skyrim though all ports of Wii U games.

Gamestop managers are also being briefed on the switch today so expect some leaks. Some were saying each Gamestop is only going to get 15-20 Switch units, which is 100k total in the USA. If thats true this is going to be another NES classic situation all over, hopefully its not.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Gamestop managers are also being briefed on the switch today so expect some leaks. Some were saying each Gamestop is only going to get 15-20 Switch units, which is 100k total in the USA. If thats true this is going to be another NES classic situation all over, hopefully its not.

Since no one shops at Gamestop anymore, I would expect more to be sold through Amazon, Best Buy, Target, etc. Also, no reason for me to buy this thing anyway unless I am clamoring to play one game (Zelda) which doesn't justify a new system. Everything else is a Wii U port? Laughable.

Siliconemelons

NES classic was 60$ and everyone wanted one because it was cool- the Switch faces the standard onslaught of issues a new console has... I hope its well selling for the future of Nintendo - but I was more hyped to try and buy a classic than switch.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Should just Raspberry Pi and have any game you want with any controller you want, and it would be even cheaper than the 60 piece of NES Classic with a 1 inch cable for control.

Siliconemelons

I have a Pi and I made an arcade joystick table and all - the NES classic would be for the kids due to interface simplicity... although they are learning retropie

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
If Dragon Quest X (the mmo) and Monster Hunter are coming, I'm in. Especially Monster Hunter. It's like the closest thing I can get to that old EQ feeling.

I suppose we'll see.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If Dragon Quest X (the mmo) and Monster Hunter are coming, I'm in. Especially Monster Hunter. It's like the closest thing I can get to that old EQ feeling.

I suppose we'll see.

Will it be a new one or a 3ds port of monster hunter generations?

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm probably gonna get it sometime because two young boys (unless it's really crappy), but yes +1 for monster hunter, loved the last one on 3ds but fuck playing on that thing, jesus christ. Battery life is not a problem for me as I try to keep video game time for my boys to an hour at most every couple of days or so.

spronk

FPS noob
couple of gamestop and best buy retailers have said the price for the switch in their system is $249.99, anyways live stream from Nintendo announcing everything is in 36 hours on thursday Jan 12th at 11pm EST / 8pm PST

also been playing around with CEMU, the latest public version is 1.6.4 and donator version (becomes free after 10 days) is 1.7.0. It works amazingly well, it 1:1 emulates now most Wii U games and you can even do stuff like load in 1080p and 4k texture packs for some games while still running 60 fps (with a good enough CPU/GPU). Its pretty fucking amazing. IPT has packs of the entire Wii U USA and EU ROM catalogs, but even still getting the top 10 or so games is only ~80 gigs of space and it runs all the big games near flawless as far as I can tell - Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, etc. Its all local only no online multiplayer but split screen multiplayer does work.

cemu emulator

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So 10pm Central tonight, 11 EST, 8pm PST. Is the hype for real? No, not really. But the wild game will be over so I may as well tune in to see which games are coming out.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
gamestop leak of switch SKUs they will sell, could be real or fake

View attachment 111258

Dragon Quest X
Zelda Breath of the WIld
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8
NBA
Skyrim
Mario
Sonic
Monster Hunter
Dragon Quest XI
5 placeholders (?)
Lego Undercover
Just Dance

Except for Zelda and Skyrim though all ports of Wii U games.

That's going to be a new 3D Mario game, not a port. Dragon Quest 11 is a completely new game. Neither is Monster Hunter - that will be Monster Hunter XX which is a new game.

Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 will have new features, based on the Switch trailer.

If it just had a new Zelda and 3D Mario it would be the best launch lineup of any console in the last 2 generations.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
couple of gamestop and best buy retailers have said the price for the switch in their system is $249.99, anyways live stream from Nintendo announcing everything is in 36 hours on thursday Jan 12th at 11pm EST / 8pm PST

also been playing around with CEMU, the latest public version is 1.6.4 and donator version (becomes free after 10 days) is 1.7.0. It works amazingly well, it 1:1 emulates now most Wii U games and you can even do stuff like load in 1080p and 4k texture packs for some games while still running 60 fps (with a good enough CPU/GPU). Its pretty fucking amazing. IPT has packs of the entire Wii U USA and EU ROM catalogs, but even still getting the top 10 or so games is only ~80 gigs of space and it runs all the big games near flawless as far as I can tell - Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, etc. Its all local only no online multiplayer but split screen multiplayer does work.

cemu emulator

What kind of controllers are you using with cemu?

spronk

FPS noob
I use my xbox one elite controller with CEMU, you have to remap all the buttons (no matter what controller) with input settings once, then save that config and reload for every game. A bit unintuitive. You can use a Wii U pad native over bluetooth, also a DS4 works and the touchpad works as the gamepad for games that require it (very few).

First nintendo switch game goes live, Lego City Undercover
Amazon.com: LEGO City Undercover - Switch: Video Games

Reminder again switch announcement conf including prices, date, games, etc is tonight at 11pm EST / 8pm PST / 10pm CEST / 4am EuroFag
Nintendo Switch™ - Official site – Nintendo gaming system

We'll probably see preorders go up from amazon and maybe gamestop online soon after. Gamestop will start selling pre orders in store tomorrow. At 9am EST tomorrow morning Nintendo NYC (the big ass store at rockerfeller center) will sell preorders as well

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop stores got its allocations as well, 25-40 units per store for pre orders starting tomorrow at opening

fake list:
ELbZDkC.jpg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hopefully amazon puts preorders up tonight. I have a feeling this is going to be another Nintendo shit show on the supply side, and the mobile+console aspect of the switch is actually something that will be really useful for me