Nioh 2 (PS4 (PC in November?))

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
White loot is barely worth anything to the shrine, so I just filter it out by the second mission. I'm sure before too long I'll be filtering yellow and then blue as well.

Sets are really good too, so after a while you won't care about much that isn't part of your main set.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
White loot is barely worth anything to the shrine, so I just filter it out by the second mission. I'm sure before too long I'll be filtering yellow and then blue as well.

Sets are really good too, so after a while you won't care about much that isn't part of your main set.
Shouldn’t you can disassemble at black smith and turn low level materials into higher level. The ratio kind of sucks but everything helps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tonga seems busted. I’m far from good at the game and rolled through the first mission no problem with them. Think I’ll just stick with that and the Kusarigama.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's what I'm sticking with too. I am not sure what you need to do to unlock more dojo missions (to unlock demon dance pulverizes) though. Ninjutsu unlocks more stuff at 30k points, so I guess it's probably the same for melee weapons. No idea how much astral wisdom I need to unlock to get the elemental addons either. Right now I use ninja skills to get out of trouble, but once I can have 2 elements on my tonfas at all times it should change everything.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Been flip-flopping between this and Ori, enjoying them both immensely, 20th rolls around though it's gonna be tough which game too play ...

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am not very far

at this part

So not sure if I will see the rest of the game....

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am not very far

at this part

So not sure if I will see the rest of the game....

Nioh loves to make the second boss nearly impossible. My main advice is play defensively, don’t even attack when it shifts. Get your swings in when it puts it snake arms in the ground, sprint towards it and try to hit both the arms and its head. Also make use of salt and any other consumables. Don’t bother with summoning anyone below level 50 as they get one shotted, last thing you can do is summon another human from the shrine.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna share a tip in a spoiler for a little op'ed goodness if yer a scrub... like me!

The thingy you get from the snake boss, the thingies you slot into your guardian spirit, is sickly op and so helpful against groups. Try it if you are getting a little frustrated especially with groups.

Really enjoying this game, the difficulty is a little uneven feeling as sometimes things feel too easy however it's not like I'm facerolling over everything. If I screw up or get careless, or misjudge an attack/counter, I get rekt fast. Sometimes the camera fucks you when you are near a wall but it doesn't happen too often and even then half my deaths when are due to poor ki management the few times it has happened.

The number of deaths to dodgy off into the abyss is growing, mostly due to;

god damned titty snakes, hate those.

I like that it's Nioh 1, just better and more and they didn't try and reinvent the game. For some reason it doesn't both me fighting so many of the same mob models from Nioh, it makes sense.

This is a damned fine game though the more proficient may find it a little too forgiving at times.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Nioh loves to make the second boss nearly impossible. My main advice is play defensively, don’t even attack when it shifts. Get your swings in when it puts it snake arms in the ground, sprint towards it and try to hit both the arms and its head. Also make use of salt and any other consumables. Don’t bother with summoning anyone below level 50 as they get one shotted, last thing you can do is summon another human from the shrine.

Yeah I had some trouble with him too. One strat that helped me was bringing both "snake arms" down to low health before killing one of them. He'll go into Dark zone immediately when one dies but having the other arm up at full strength is hard. The glowy thing on his head is a weakpoint if you can do an overhand attack. I also used Rifles on the "snake arms" and that seemed to do okay. I also found it impossible to Burst Counter his snake slide attack so I stopped trying. It was easier to just dodge. Kinda weird since otherwise I've had Burst Counters down pretty good.

I'm using the Glaive because it is cool even though the sane part of me recognizes that investing in a magic scaling weapon is retarded. I planned to use uchi and chains. Oh well.

Fun game but I'm generally not a fan of the whole Yokai Shift mechanic. I think I picked a shitty Guardian since it is often not really worth the bother and the Yokai attacks while in human form are mostly jkust kinda goofy.

I did get that Monster Wall That Falls On You power which is good for lulz but that's about it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Apparently I'm a retard when it comes to this attuned soul stuff b/c none of the menus make any sense to me, especially at shrine when they're purified.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok so almost every guardian spirit boss is fucking hard in this game, holy shit. Almost gave up tonight but powered through.
Also fuck Tengu...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Okay, so it looks like we're all going to have some time on our hands as the Coronavirus slowly turns the Earth into a zombie apocalypse, so i'm going to pick up this game to play. I heard it is punishingly difficult. Never playing the original, are there certain builds you need to make the game more enjoyable? I don't mind difficult, I just detest games that are almost unbeatable if you don't do the correct build.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Okay, so it looks like we're all going to have some time on our hands as the Coronavirus slowly turns the Earth into a zombie apocalypse, so i'm going to pick up this game to play. I heard it is punishingly difficult. Never playing the original, are there certain builds you need to make the game more enjoyable? I don't mind difficult, I just detest games that are almost unbeatable if you don't do the correct build.
Find a weapon you like and increase its main stat for a while then branch out as needed. You can respec for cash as well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This was really helpful.

I see there's a new instant dodge mechanic tied to the yokai you're using, does that mean they removed the R1 dodge at the end of combos to regenerate stamina and dispel yokai fields there was in the first game? These doubled as dodges for certain weapons once you unlocked the passives for them and some weapons had even better ones(tonfa for example).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I see there's a new instant dodge mechanic tied to the yokai you're using, does that mean they removed the R1 dodge at the end of combos to regenerate stamina and dispel yokai fields there was in the first game? These doubled as dodges for certain weapons once you unlocked the passives for them and some weapons had even better ones(tonfa for example).
No

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Beating that snake piece of shit feels so good man, awww yeah. Fight would have been 200% easier if targeting baby sneks wasn't such a pain in the ass. But once I got it down the winning match I only had to use like 2 potions.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

I finished the first one, so if it is like that, then no. Every weapon / build can beat the base game, some might just do it easier than others. Following Hatorades tip of putting points into the base stat of your main weapon(s) is enough. Similar to Monster Hunter, all weapons are good, but you can get gear and compliment skills that make them better. I did fine in Nioh 1 without knowing much of anything and never looking up a build guide until I hit NG+ and realized my "put skill points randomly and increase all the stats" didn't quite work so well anymore when I started facing two bosses at once.

Also, in that tip video he explains the doors with the eyes, but doesn't give the best tip for them. It's the same as the first one where you can look for graves in front of the door and their death messages are in different colours. Something like Died due to aggression which means that it is not that colour of emote. Since you get two tries, you only need one grave to make sure you get the correct one.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It feels really good to get good at this game.

• 1Solidarity