No One Will Save You (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: No One Will Save You (2023)

Tagline: A home invasion no one saw coming.

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror, Thriller

Director: Brian Duffield

Cast: Kaitlyn Dever, Geraldine Singer, Zack Duhame, Dari Lynn Griffin, Rose Bianca Grue, Elizabeth Kaluev, Lauren L. Murray, Ginger Cressman, Devyn Sandidge, Evangeline Rose, John Cortes

Release: 2023-09-22

Plot: A young woman who's been alienated from her community finds herself in a face-off against a host of extraterrestrial beings who threaten her future while forcing her to deal with her past.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This looks like it might actually be half decent but I am guessing the ending will probably be disappointing. Have a 'like', good Sir.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This was pretty good. Hard to make a movie that has basically 0 dialogue and a single actress.

I won't say the ending is as bad as Nefarious, but it certainly could tarnish the entire film depending on your perspective / interpretation. I thought the rest of the film was good enough that it doesn't totally ruin it, for me.

I just assumed she was captured and living out a fantasy that the Aliens put in her head, but I guess they just let her go and reshaped the town and people around her idea of what it should be like. Doesn't really make any sense, I guess, but in the end the Aliens win.

Interesting enough that maybe Brian Duffield continues to grow. I never saw Love and Monsters, which he also wrote. There's an upcoming project called Vivien Hasn't Been Herself Lately which also deals with aliens. The Babysitter had mediocre reviews it looks like.

6.5-7.0/10 is probably fair for this. If the no dialogue thing seems gimmicky and not interesting you'd probably think it was a 6/10.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This was pretty good. Hard to make a movie that has basically 0 dialogue and a single actress.
off topic, but this comment reminded me of that ryan reynolds movie "Buried." the entire movie takes place from ryan's perspective and there's only one location, and while there's plenty of dialogue, 90% of it is just ryan talking to himself. i was surprised how good it was

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'll check it out. There was something else I watched recently with little to no dialogue, but cant remember what it was....

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is great for a streaming service movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Pretty good. Seems like they just tossed every single alien trope into a single movie though. Couple pretty scary moments.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Production value was high and there was a mystery as to how to interpret some of the progression of the story.

More engaging than most movies in this genre lately-- they didn't try to clearly explain the ending to the audience.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Enjoyed this movie since I didnt know what to expect. Took a little bit to get used to the no talking gimmick. But had some good jumps and the aliens were creepy at times. I liked the ending being open to interpretation.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya know, one of the scenes was a little gross but it was not bad

I think this shit woulda been over for the actress way sooner in that one but don't wanna spoil

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Watched this with my boys a couple of days ago (13 &15) and we all really dug it. 8/10

I'll also give it props for creeping me out with those aliens. I pretty much always take a walk before I go to bed at night, and last night there was a lot of checking over my shoulder and a general increased pace to my return home after looking up into the night sky and mentality psyching myself out while thinking about the movie. Lizard brain say aliens gonna get me! :D

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I liked this movie too.
Loved that her trauma early on was enough for the aliens to be like she cray cray and not an acceptable host, but the world that once shunned her for a tragic mistake/accident now accepts her when hosted by Mars. In the end even though the world has been taken over by hostile aliens, she has a better life.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I thought this was fine, but really hate when movies portray aliens (who are clearly advanced technological beings) as if they're rabid dogs. I mean, it would be like us invading another planet and sending our guys down in their underwear to street box the inhabitants.

nu_11

Entertaining movie. Worth a watch.

I thought this was fine, but really hate when movies portray aliens (who are clearly advanced technological beings) as if they're rabid dogs. I mean, it would be like us invading another planet and sending our guys down in their underwear to street box the inhabitants.

Have you seen our military lately?

Besides there seems to be a hierarchy: sky alien > bug aliens > humanoid aliens. The alien that we see were not in command.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database