[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind the idea of a hilt... but made out of the same material as the handle. I dunno, having little mini-light sabers for a hilt just screams the same crazy gimmick crap from the prequels (Double blade, Yoda going Tasmanian devil, etc). The shots of the Falcon and the Tie fighters battling it out and the X-Wings over the water was cool as hell, but then each time I keep going back to that saber, and losing my excitement.
Double bladed lightsaber was a gimmick, sure, but it was a gimmick that at least made the movie fucking watchable. If you think Phantom Menace was bad, imagine that movie WITHOUT that fight scene...

Cybsled

Actually, the "soccer ball" droid makes complete sense for a desert sand environment. NASA has actually toyed with the idea of "ball rovers" for Mars because of the advantages in movement there. I mean think about it for a second: How exactly did R2D2 get around Tatoonie with his tiny little treads/legs? People bitch about a light greatsword, but are willing to look past the fact R2D2 couldn't have navigated the sand unless he flew around (which he did in the prequels, but never did in the originals)?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Actually, the "soccer ball" droid makes complete sense for a desert sand environment. NASA has actually toyed with the idea of "ball rovers" for Mars because of the advantages in movement there. I mean think about it for a second: How exactly did R2D2 get around Tatoonie with his tiny little treads/legs? People bitch about a light greatsword, but are willing to look past the fact R2D2 couldn't have navigated the sand unless he flew around (which he did in the prequels, but never did in the originals)?
Because it's a movie? And fuck anyone who thinks that light saber looks cool. It looks like shit. Abrams is about to take a giant dook all over the Star Wars franchise.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bout to rub one out after seeing the x-wings over the water and that sexy bitch Millennium Falcon.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, that was one of the really dumb elements of the prequels. nothing was shown the force was out of balance in the first place. unless it was clearly in favor of the Light side, considering they hadn't even seen a Sith lord in like 500 years.
Wasn't that adressed in some of the old comics/books? That the galaxy seems to go in cycles of Jedi/Sith rule, and that the balance of the force is shifting between these two. Thus Anakin really did bring balance to the force in that a cycle of Jedi rule ended.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That's pretty fucking funny. I told my wife that it's the SUV of speeders. No idea why it's that big. Maybe because it's a woman driving it.
It looks like the front of the original land speeder turned on it's side.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because it's a movie? And fuck anyone who thinks that light saber looks cool. It looks like shit. Abrams is about to take a giant dook all over the Star Wars franchise.
Could it be any bigger than the one Lucas took on my childhood over the last 15 years? Anything that JJ Abrams contributes will be an improvement over the shit sandwich we've been made to endure during those fucking prequels.

Fuck.

Fadaar

That guy
X-wings alone made the trailer worth it. Glad to see they're sticking with the Empire still being around too. I wonder if it'll be as fragmented as it was in the EU.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's pretty fucking funny. I told my wife that it's the SUV of speeders. No idea why it's that big. Maybe because it's a woman driving it.
One thing that has been pretty consistent has been Tattooine being a technological backwater that always showcases faded tech, it would make sense.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So jedi up to this point were sort of based on Samurai and eastern mysticism type stuff. Perhaps by going to a crossguard style sword, they're going to incorporate more western knight themes into these movies? A lightsaber suit of armor? Lightsaber shield?

Also, the double bladed lightsaber from Phantom Menace was the sole redeeming thing about that movie, with the possible exception of the podracing scene. Seriously, when they showed Darth Maul light that thing up back in the day, everyone shit their pants and wanted to see that movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
Pretty cool teaser. Really liked the transition from the dark to the light with the Falcon doing a barrel role.

And LOL at all these nerds chimping out over the hilt on the Sith's lightsaber.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
This seemed less like a movie teaser and more like a toy presentation for internal usage.

Here Star Wars, I Fixed Your Lightsaber Crossguard For You | TechCrunch
rrr_img_83595.jpg

Salshun_sl

shitlord
If you didn't bust chub when the Falcon rolled up and the music kicked in your opinion about the trailer doesn't mean jack shit to me and a lot of people in this thread.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Full year of these articles:I designed a better lightsaber than J.J. Abrams while I was in line for coffee this morning | The Verge

A lightsaber crossguard is also really dangerous to the person holding it. Don't just take my word for it; The Washington Post weighed in on the issue after I called out the design on Twitter, and asked master bladesmith Kevin Cashen about it. "That would be very bad to have around your hand," Cashen tells the Post. "That hilt would just take you apart if you started to do a lot of complex spinning.

"You'd be in grave danger of searing yourself," Cashen says."

Column_sl

shitlord
O lord here we go..

Reminds me when the Phantom Menace trailer came out, and every nerd went crazy because the lightsabers weren't reflecting on the floor.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If you didn't bust chub when the Falcon rolled up and the music kicked in your opinion about the trailer doesn't mean jack shit to me and a lot of people in this thread.
Seriously. A bunch of whiny faggots bitching about aesthetics in this thread.