NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've known a number of sneakerheads over the past 15 years or so since I was in college. Always seemed like a stupid waste of money. I can understand spending a lot on a nice pair of shoes you'll actual wear, but if you are looking to invest in something you'll never actually touch, it seems like there are myriad better options.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
On the otherside of things.. If you thought tangible goods was bad, imagine digital cosmetics.. CSGO skins have seen a boom. Recently a skin sold for about 150k within a week, it's value went up another 150k usd.

And yes, Asians are still a big reason for the market for sneakers/clothing.. Even the csgo skins.
Utter retardation.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah NFTs are the next big scam, its basically CS:GO skins writ large across anything you can imagine. $500k for a gif, $300k for a meme, Gamestop is exploring ways to make money off it too

you can tell a giant market crash is happening in the next year, the final sign is a bunch of people deciding the stupidest shit in the world is a great investment - pets.com and loaning retards who don't understand money millions to own multiple houses. always a sign there is too much money around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
yeah NFTs are the next big scam, its basically CS:GO skins writ large across anything you can imagine. $500k for a gif, $300k for a meme, Gamestop is exploring ways to make money off it too

you can tell a giant market crash is happening in the next year, the final sign is a bunch of people deciding the stupidest shit in the world is a great investment - pets.com and loaning retards who don't understand money millions to own multiple houses. always a sign there is too much money around.
Some idiot's loss is almost always some smarter person's gain.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
yeah NFTs are the next big scam

I had a few friends who managed to cash out some paintings and photographs.. But I think my favorite is Beeple.. Dude has been doing a digital painting everyday since like 2008, and since NFT he's finally seeing his work being paid off. Revenue in the millions. I've seen his work pop up a couple times here in like fsr.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not possible.

First problem is the patents locked up by AMD and Nvidia. Second problem is producing a GPU architecture cost billions of dollars. Third problem is you need the absolute smartest people in the world to develop a GPU.

Intel is trying to make a GPU, but isnt having much success.

Of course they are morons for paying $1000+ for shoes, but the dynamic is the same. The problem isnt supply from AMD/Nvidia, but is supply due to scalpers buying up whats available. You can go onto any reseller platform and find endless cards ready to buy.
Chip design doesn't take the smartest people it's the fact that patents lock up most of the technology so nobody can make a competing product. Chip design is like 20 smart people and 400 people trying to come up with a process to ensure the the chip actually does what it's supposed to (validation).

Hell most of the time the chip designers are applying principles that someone else came up with. Researchers come with a bunch of branch prediction advancements and chip designers turn it into hardware. They're even further constrained by process (lithography) and packaging not to mention relying on third party standards like pcie and DDR. After seeing the process play out at ATI it became clear quickly that its kind of a boring job. I didn't find anything romantic about the job at all and most of it just going through the motions. I really thought hardware engineering was the complex part but software development is way less constrained and full of possibilities.

Playing with engineering samples aka "frankenboards" was pretty cool though. Lots of stuff gets built around the chips that never sees the light of day.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Stellar bypass wasn’t working on this BB drop afaik. This was my first drop having the bot but I was working and didn’t have much time to tweak on the fly. Plus I’d only had it like 2 days and it’s not even properly setup still.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was missing that part also. I buy my sneakers to wear. Not look at. I never knew this was a thing. This shit has legs? There's a bazillion better ways to "invest" that money. Long term and short term. Fuckin sneakers? I guess if they are seen as collectibles they must have a market.

I never knew this was a thing. I know dudes who religiously buy the new Jordan's' every year, hell I buy em if they nice. But I at least wear em! I pay a couple hundred for Timbs time to time.

“Sneaker heads”. It’s like a multi billion dollar industry.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I liken it to bourbon collecting. Except replace bourbon w shoes and people w money to people with no money.

• 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
shut your mouth. bourbon actually has a point. fucking shoes costing as much as 25 year pappy is pants on head retarded.

• 1Truth!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why don't they just play Magic the Gathering or Yu Gi Oh like the rest of the broke people who want shiny things?

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
shut your mouth. bourbon actually has a point. fucking shoes costing as much as 25 year pappy is pants on head retarded.
People are seriously lieing to themselves that most of this bourbon they are trying so hard to get, and paying too much money to get, is actually better than something you could just buy on the shelf any day of the week.

It's been a while since Blantons showed up in my store, but memory says it costs us like $45 when we actually get it. I can sell for $200 instantly. As far as quality goes, it is absolutely not worth that. Same goes with most of the stuff coming from Sazarac, which only goes for what it does because of scarcity. Is EH Taylor good? Sure. Is it worth the $150 I can sell it for instantly? Absolutely not. There is a ton of stuff from distillers most people have never heard of that is actually just good. Rabbit Hole and Bardstown are 2 newer distilleries doing great shit, that I could drink any day, and is equal to or better than stuff like Blantons

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
People are seriously lieing to themselves that most of this bourbon they are trying so hard to get, and paying too much money to get, is actually better than something you could just buy on the shelf any day of the week.

It's been a while since Blantons showed up in my store, but memory says it costs us like $45 when we actually get it. I can sell for $200 instantly. As far as quality goes, it is absolutely not worth that. Same goes with most of the stuff coming from Sazarac, which only goes for what it does because of scarcity. Is EH Taylor good? Sure. Is it worth the $150 I can sell it for instantly? Absolutely not. There is a ton of stuff from distillers most people have never heard of that is actually just good. Rabbit Hole and Bardstown are 2 newer distilleries doing great shit, that I could drink any day, and is equal to or better than stuff like Blantons

Idk. Some stuff is awesome and I’d pay slightly above MSRP for it. But the secondary market is retarded.

Buffalo Trace also intentionally withholds their bourbon to inflate demand, which creates stupid situations like allocated Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, etc.

My personal preference of what I’d pay:

Elmer T Lee MSRP: $35, Secondary Market: $200, Worth: $60

EH Taylor Single Barrel MSRP: $70, Secondary Market: $250, Worth: $105

Michter’s Toasted Barrel MSRP: $99, Secondary Market: $300, Worth: $150

Elijah Craig 18 MSRP: $125, SM: $650, Worth: $65 lol

Weller Full Proof MSRP: $90, SM: $350, Worth: $90

Etc.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Idk. Some stuff is awesome and I’d pay slightly above MSRP for it. But the secondary market is retarded.

Buffalo Trace also intentionally withholds their bourbon to inflate demand, which creates stupid situations like allocated Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, etc.

My personal preference of what I’d pay:

Elmer T Lee MSRP: $35, Secondary Market: $200, Worth: $60

EH Taylor Single Barrel MSRP: $70, Secondary Market: $250, Worth: $105

Michter’s Toasted Barrel MSRP: $99, Secondary Market: $300, Worth: $150

Elijah Craig 18 MSRP: $125, SM: $650, Worth: $65 lol

Weller Full Proof MSRP: $90, SM: $350, Worth: $90

Etc.
As a retailer who has to deal with the distributor, I really wish everyone would tell them to fucking pound sand. The shit they do is basically illegal. You don't really get to choose if you get anything. They tell you what you get, and they base it off sales of their other brands. Not even dollar sales, quantity sales. So really they just want you to sell a ton of their cheap shit in order to get good stuff, and that's not even considering that they default to chains and independents get fucked. It's basically a game of how much Fireball, 99's, Skol, Fleischmans, etc etc can you sell in order to get something you actually want to sell. It ends up in shit like high end whiskey's going to markets that can't reliably sell them because that ghetto store with a bunch of broke fucks have no interest in it, while a store like mine in a nicer area, where I sell a ton more of their higher end brands but sell almost no Skol, gets nothing (like quite literally nothing, it's been over a year since I've gotten a single bottle of Blantons). I'm kind of in the process of slowly getting rid of their shit that doesn't really sell more than competitors, because fuck them.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
3080tis will apparently be officially announced in the next few days. you still won't be able to get one

and the only thing i collect is money, its kinda boring but takes up no space

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
As a retailer who has to deal with the distributor, I really wish everyone would tell them to fucking pound sand. The shit they do is basically illegal. You don't really get to choose if you get anything. They tell you what you get, and they base it off sales of their other brands. Not even dollar sales, quantity sales. So really they just want you to sell a ton of their cheap shit in order to get good stuff, and that's not even considering that they default to chains and independents get fucked. It's basically a game of how much Fireball, 99's, Skol, Fleischmans, etc etc can you sell in order to get something you actually want to sell. It ends up in shit like high end whiskey's going to markets that can't reliably sell them because that ghetto store with a bunch of broke fucks have no interest in it, while a store like mine in a nicer area, where I sell a ton more of their higher end brands but sell almost no Skol, gets nothing (like quite literally nothing, it's been over a year since I've gotten a single bottle of Blantons). I'm kind of in the process of slowly getting rid of their shit that doesn't really sell more than competitors, because fuck them.

I’ve heard this from SEVERAL local stores. I think everyone’s getting tired of it.

It’s going to be hilarious when all the independents just say fuck it and stop trying.

I walked in to a store outside Charleston two weeks ago and the guy had all his good stuff on the shelves. I said, “Wow. If this is on the shelf what do you have in the back?” He said, “Hiding stuff in the back is bullshit. Whatever I get is on the shelf.”

If I was a local that would be my spot and I’d go in daily.

• 1Like