NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is it better than LG 48" OLED is the only question I need answered. Not that I'm going to buy a second 48" OLED anytime soon.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is it better than LG 48" OLED is the only question I need answered. Not that I'm going to buy a second 48" OLED anytime soon.

rtings says no overall.
See video. Optimized for gaming modes. Not breaking warranty by going into factory mode settings. Display port 1.4. It’s in the first 5-10 mins, I believe. If you mean the Linus one anyway, cannot brain atm.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Also that rtings was not for the 48". Must have fed it in the search via keyword so it's not accurate.

Looks like both the older LG model and the new LG48C1 are better.

Trying to market to "gamers" with a sub par model? I guess it's good to have competition at least since the 42-48" market is bleh.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think I will wait a year for that shit. At $1500 its a little rich for my gaming needs. In a year or so this shit will be 1/2 price if not better.

Also having a 43 or 48 in on my desk leaves no room for a second monitor. I kinda like the second and I got used to it.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Doubtful unless the thing just goes bust and is no longer made. That price/size point is basically on lock down with how little choices you have.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SO you get a 50 in oled then. whats the extra 2 in? LOL im sure there will be many many models available.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You either get 48", 55" or 65". I have both the 65" and 48" variants of the LG OLED.

If you want 4k gaming in any meaningful size you basically get the 48" or you wait until forever or downsize a lot for not much of a discount price wise.

Also you can run 2 monitors =D

That is a 32" off of my 48".

Attachments

• asdfasdfsa.jpg
    asdfasdfsa.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You either get 48", 55" or 65". I have both the 65" and 48" variants of the LG OLED.

If you want 4k gaming in any meaningful size you basically get the 48" or you wait until forever or downsize a lot for not much of a discount price wise.

Also you can run 2 monitors =D

That is a 32" off of my 48".
Buddy of mine has one apparently and this is his setup. TV up top with the C1 as his main display with the UW for..god knows what.
1629756392125.png

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i haven't watched Linus video yet either but I do wonder what makes the AORUS 48" OLED (120hz, HDMI 2.1, FreeSync but NO gSync) better than the LGs.

The LG is having a weird year too, the G1 is the top of the line panel model but its a wall mount only model so only comes in 55-77" models, i don't think there is a desktop version of the G1. I'd expect the C2 next year to use the new top of the line, better panel and be more widely available and fix some of the minor issues the current CX and C1 models have. Really minor shit, mostly to do with 120 hz, freesync/gSync, blacks, etc.

The C1 vs G1 difference imo is enough to spring for the better Evo panel, its extra brightness and crisper imaging

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm really hoping LG makes a 43 inch version at some point like they said they were going to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I like a 48 with a 27 to the side personally. Its great to have a second monitor. I had 3 for a while but i dont feel i miss out on anything by just having 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is what I would have to do if I did it. Move my desk a little bit off the wall and put it on the wall. Even in that video with Linus, that shit is just way too close.
Yeah mines honestly too big for stuff like excel and work. I use it for that but it’s not ideal. It’s great for gaming though. It’s big enough I can sit in a recliner behind my desk chair and play controller games.

spronk

FPS noob
i watched the linus video and the AOROUS monitor he reviews actually uses an LG C1 oled panel, it just has their own custom "everything else" around it for better control, inputs, etc. Its the same price basically as a 48 C1 so not too bad I guess. Its not the evo panel though.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Where are people fitting these 48 inch "monitors" lol.

I bought 55"L x 48"W desk and sit roughly 3.5' away but I did upscale to 200%.

You can easily split/snap 4 windows for tons of real estate while working and it didn't take long at all to adjust. I rarely use the 32" for anything outside of leaving twitch/youtube or something on during the day.

Pro is now I run movies, consoles, pc gaming etc all in one spot without feeling like I'm missing out on the sweet 4k OLED goodness and can leave the woman to her gilmore girls in the living room =O