NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

spronk

FPS noob
the 3080ti's are also crypto crippled as far as mining so 3090s might be better for the bitcoin tards, although i dunno if its easy to workaround the mining blocks on 3080ti's or not

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The destruction of Hobby PC gaming in the crypto pandemic has got to be one of the most bummer things. Those 3080ti prices are pretty fucking silly.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
What? The 3080Ti has TRIPLE the MSRP of the non Ti version? Have they completely lost it? Maybe that pic is just bullshit, you'd have to hope so.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is that leak in CAD? Bc $1999 CAD is like $1600 USD? Seems high but more “in line” I guess.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, Nvidia hasn't seen a dollar yet it didn't like.
They are going to kill the scalper market!!! They cracked this thing wide open!!! Or something.
Step One: Make the cards
Step Two: World Wide Shortage
Step Three: Charge a shitload upfront so we make all the money those cookgroups are making on ebay
Step Four: Make a meme and look at step three again

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Uhh doesnt the 3090 msrp for $1400? I dont see how 3080tis go for less than that seeing as how aib cards are $2100+.

I said FE i made no comment on AIB prices - 3090 FE is 1499 so if there is a 3080TI FE it should be under 1499

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bought a quadro to replace the broken card and threw the 1080 into the toaster oven before I tossed it. Toasting it worked, it's back to normal. Hopefully it will last until GPU prices stop being so retarded.

Quadro isn't too bad either so I'm throwing it into my HTPC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
FSR lookin good if they can deliver - it will just shove 3000 series off a cliff since they already destroy at rast.

wait wait,...FSR works on all GTX series eliminating nvidia peoples reason to upgrade?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm really just impressed about how long this bullshit has been going on for. Unless crypto mining turns completely worthless over night and somebody figures out a way to stop the bots (lol) I can't imagine this coming to an end any time soon.

It won't be overnight, but the reaper is in fact coming for GPU mining in the longer term. Ethereum will move away from Proof of Work when ETH2.0 drops, but no definitive timeline for that yet (I'm betting mid to late next year). Bitcoin will eventually be forced by market/publicity pressure to move away from Proof of Work as well. When those two are both off it the bottom will fall out of the GPU Mining market, and to be honest most of the crypto mining market as it will be unrequired. Proof of Work is the crypto process where you have to do tons of hash calculations to validate blocks and whatnot... The new hotness is called Proof of Stake and requires negligible computational power in comparison.

spronk

FPS noob
E2xeHW9VkAIwOYO.jpg

E2xen7lVcAEUUyb.jpg

1622525430574.png

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
msrp of aibs 200% compared to fe.

Can we please go back to 2019?

So got the sn off my aio to register as an evga elite member. Hows that queue work?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like AMD is fighting DLSS 1.0
But at the same time AMD can support and grow their version on the consoles over time. Also, open sourcing it and making it also run on NVidia 10x0 and 16x0 cards (who have no DLSS support) is a nice powerplay on Nvidia. Even if their first iteration isn't as great as DLSS 2.0, it is still better than nothing.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
to be completely honest, I'd probably buy a evga 3080ti for 1200-1300 given how the pricing has been so far but we all now not a single fucking AIB gpu will be sold for less than 2k to real customers. Sometimes I wish I lived in Russia where I could pay a "killer" (russians actually borrowed the english word and instead of saying убийца meaning killer they say киллер, the word is used to describe a low end hitman) a few hundred dollars to go and clip a scalper just so I could feel better

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bought a quadro to replace the broken card and threw the 1080 into the toaster oven before I tossed it. Toasting it worked, it's back to normal. Hopefully it will last until GPU prices stop being so retarded.

Quadro isn't too bad either so I'm throwing it into my HTPC.

8WGG.gif

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
So are there any sign ups this time to join?

the pages are up on evga.com for 3080/3070tis but i dont think you can queue yet, i think elite members get 24 hour early queue

3080ti and 3070ti are up on bestbuy.com, 3080ti goes on sale 6/3 and 3070ti goes on sale 6/10. You have pretty much a 0% chance of gettign either tho

• 1Like