NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man I'm glad I got new PC over the Black Friday / Xmas sales. Seems like prices are even worse now even on prebuilts. :(

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I actually got to the point where I could have clicked buy on a GPU.

$1800 for a 6900XT after taxes. I couldnt bring myself to click the buy button.

• 5Solidarity
  • 5Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 10 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Good on you, ridiculous amount of $. I wouldn’t have either.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Good on you, ridiculous amount of $. I wouldn’t have either.
Yeah, I looked into botting, and while I don't mind the money/time, I am not going through the hassle of setting up 10+ disposable credit cards and merchant accounts etc for every store for a video card. I may if I decide I want a side business but not for a single card.

Double fuck 1800$ for a this gen card. I will wait a year for $1000 bucks.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Choose GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

i don't get is, is that the actual msrp for a 6900xt? how is it $1800?

i still don't really get why anyone would buy an AMD GPU, between no gSync and the significant difference when you turn on RTX it feels like nvidia is still the no brainer

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

i still don't really get why anyone would buy an AMD GPU, between no gSync and the significant difference when you turn on RTX it feels like nvidia is still the no brainer

AMD does have FreeSync and RT support is still pretty limited. For non RT performance AMD is on par with Nvidia. If I could get my hands on a 6800 or 3080 at MSRP I would take either in a heartbeat.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
RTX is bullshit, there are less than a handful of worthwhile games that support it and most of those you can't see a fucking difference.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

RTX is something you run by and say cool! If you even notice it. Id rather have that shit turned off and have frames instead.

From memory on non RTX bullshit 6800xt pretty much owns most game benches.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Most games that have RTX also have the other shit that makes it almost unnoticeable. Just personal choice I guess, but I cant tell a huge amount of difference (sometimes I cant tell at all) when I pump Cyberpunk up to max settings except the visible drop in frame rate with RTX on.

Araxen

I wonder why they just didn't release a Raytracing card that would work alongside the regular GPU. It would help lessen the expensive hit you take for using Raytracing. When PhysicsX first came out it was it's own card. Eventually Nvidia bought them and rolled it into the GPU card.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Raytracing is objectively better, but I think subjectively most people aren't willing to take the FPS hit for it just yet. Cyberpunk looks better for sure, but after 10 seconds of turning it off you don't even notice or care anymore. Same with turning it on "oo aa" to "oh well" in a matter of seconds.

It would be interesting if there were some games that for some reason or another required ray tracing to actually perform well at all, like some game that makes very clever use of shadows or something which can't be done with regular shaders without a huge fps hit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
RTX is meh an md building around it is dumb. 6900XT in most situations will crush a 3090 UNTIL titles that have DLSS or RT support. The fact that some games have it(and I assume better for mining?) is why 3090 usually sells for $1000 over 6900xt(aftermarket).

Also AMD AIB card prices are A B S U R D!!! The mark up is something dumb, the msrp of Red Devils I’ve seen enter the 2599 range!

I think my last 4 cards all came from waitlist, I even copped a 3090 hybrid that I’d forgot I put in for and that’s cheaper than a red devil.

I eagerly await AMD fidelity to see if it can shake shit up.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Better or not there aren't enough titles out there that make it something you should be centering your gaming experience around. Get whatever card you can at this point. The MSRP of the AMD cards would be fine but the ridiculous amount they want over MSRP can eat a dick. Best Buys drop today fucking sucked. Is it too much to ask to get a 3080 FE for $699!?$!

Fuck I'd love to pay $1500 for the 3090 fe too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
3090 is a waste, get a 3080. Unless youre a developer or something. The extra frames in gaming are not worth the markup and you will never use that amount of ram on that card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user