Official Apocalypse Strategies Thread [OAST] [NEAT]

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
It’s on my Kindle. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I got to the part where he pulled out a Springfield XD and noped out. The Survivalist series by Arthur T. Bradley is good and the One Second After series is great. I really liked the first two and a half books from the Day By Day Armageddon series. It got fucking weird after it abandoned the single main character pov style, though.

Also, we already have a prepper thread.

Edit: Forgot the search function is still broken.
Preppers have a tendency to just pack rat as a main strategy, and I don't think that's effective hence the focus on a survival theme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Of course it boils down to "get to the middle of nowhere, where there's food" but that's borderline impossible if you're not already there.

If you're escaping a city, you're going to become a raider by definition. You WILL be the intruder. Half the population is urban, there will be a war.
Yes, I think everyone thats currently living within the zones I described is dead. If you havent already got out its too late already.

I entirely agree about the coming rural vs urban war. And I don't pretend to know how long it'll last. My only goal is to hide away from it completely while they kill each other.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
99.999% of people, yes but humanity would persevere IMO. I think discussing how to be the .001% is extremely interesting.

As an Ancient Civilizations buff, I think this sort of thing has happened to humans before, multiple times over. 12000 years ago through about 8000 years ago was a very dark time for humans and I suspect whatever civilizations existed in the antediluvian period fell into complete decimation during the Younger Dryas. Wouldn't surprise me if human population dropped by 99% and took 4000 years to even start to form civilization again. The oldest written work in (current) human history basically says as much.

Before that it probably happened a number of other times that are simply too far back for us to even have any inkling of.

• 1Like