One million dollars!

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
-Dr. Evil.jpg-

One million dollars falls into your lap, after paying off all your outstanding debts, what do you do next?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
I would probably get the rest of my teeth fixed (Age + some messed up from a car accident), pay off any debts my Mother has (probably send her on her first 'real' vacation in decades), and put the rest away. Not much fun, but practical I guess.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Index fund.

Wakandan, we old now.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
-Dr. Evil.jpg-

One million dollars falls into your lap, after paying off all your outstanding debts, what do you do next?

I tithe 10% to the Lord, and donate the rest to charity so that others may eat and be clothed.

• 6Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Tip favorite twitch streamers til poor again

• 8Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean, I might use it as a down payment for my third yacht, but the hibachi grill staff and sushi chefs I employ (seven total) haven't gotten a raise in two years.

Sigh

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Had to make sure I posted this in the Grown Up section...

Maybe its too vague to have many serious responses but I didn't want to color the discussion early.

I think you have to set aside some Hookers-n-Blow money, and you have to invest some to cover inflation. Past that starting a business? building your dream home? setting up an off-the-grid homestead?

What about run for political office?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Forum software malfunction. It shouldn't have let me post three times without a lockout timer.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Move to a third world country and live like a king.

• 3Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
College fund for the kid(s), buy a house in the school district we want them to go. Save /invest the rest.

10 years ago me... Starter home, more education, travel, invest.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Since I've already had my fair share of hookers/strippers/models and blow shenanigans over the years; I'd buy that Pennsylvania lake cabin, modest Jeep, grow my beard again and start a firewood business. I'd also leave New York City forever.

• 3Solidarity

kudos

<Banned>
I'd buy a house somewhere and then stick the rest into something that earns me money for retirement. Probably let my mother live in the house until she dies. Then sell it and buy something better for myself.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Build a house or three to sell.

• 2Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a disturbing lack of mention of BNL here...

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Do I have to pay taxes on it, or is it $1M free and clear? If it's the latter I would follow Gravel's example and enjoy retirement. My total debt right now is about $150k including remaining principal on my mortgage, so I might buy a new tricked out Mini to drive the next 10 years, but otherwise it's all going into 401ks and I could retire comfortably.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'd buy a fuck load of Beanie Babies, I hear those things are collectable as fuck and will be worth a bajillion dollars in a few more years.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users