Onyx the Fortuitous and the Talisman of Souls (2023)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Onyx the Fortuitous and the Talisman of Souls

Tagline: Demons. Ghouls. Tiny wines. Onyx is in for one hell of a weekend.

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Andrew Bowser

Cast: Andrew Bowser, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Jeffrey Combs, Ralph Ineson, Rivkah Reyes, Terrence 'T.C.' Carson, Barbara Crampton, Melanie Chandra, Donna Pieroni, Shane McCormick, Michael Monsour

Release: 2023-10-19

Runtime: 110

Plot: Onyx joins a group of fellow occultists to attend a dark ritual at the mansion of their idol, Bartok. Suspecting Bartok’s nefarious intentions, Onyx is suddenly immersed in a world of monsters, mystery, and mayhem.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Son of a bitch, I had the damn TMDB link on my clipboard on the phone… fucking iPhone. Amod Amod cleanup please?

Thought this may be interesting to some.

Came about this because Matt Mahafey did the music for the film, who is the lead singer of a band called sElf, out of Murfreesboro, TN. They had a couple of singles that may be familiar (So Low, Cannon).

I probably saw them 20 times during High School and College and going around the South East. Along with a bunch of other bands on Spongebath like Fluid Ounces, The Katies, The Features, etc… it was a fun memorable time.

Matt went on to do the Expedia.com jingle and work in LA with basically every music act. A lot of work with Beck.

No idea who Andrew Bowser is or what the YouTube character is. But the movie has Jeffrey Combs, who is amazing. Olivia Taylor Dudley who I remember liking in The Magicians for at least a couple of reasons. A couple of others people may be familiar with, but didn’t jump out to me.

Not sure where to stream it. One place said release isn’t until early November and another said it was October. Will try to see if it is on the high seas tomorrow

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

LOL she turns into a furry Gadget in the song clip, that's hilarious... and bound to "weird boner" almost all of us late 89s/90s kids.

• 3Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database