Oppenheimer (2023)

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Wow what a ride. Saw it in 70mm and the visuals and audio were unforgettable. It didn’t feel long to me, especially with the build up in the 3rd act. The only small gripe I had was the casing of Matt Damon. His character was almost comical at times which seemed odd for a army general
What do you mean... he looks just like General Groves.
Mattdamon.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Atomic Bomb was actually invented by a proud lesbian black woman and Oppenheimer stole the plans

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So an accurate betrayal of the times then. Good to hear as that seems rare nowadays.
the funniest part is you know she was expecting at least her audience to agree with her, and even like 90% of them were like, "the fuck are you talking about, idiot."

nu_11

but why? film was 99% dialogue

we've gone from doing crazy things like Howard Hughes the industrialist aviation film extraordinaire and harnessing the power of the atom to overengineering film for a movie that is 99% dialogue?

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
we've gone from doing crazy things like Howard Hughes the industrialist aviation film extraordinaire and harnessing the power of the atom to overengineering film for a movie that is 99% dialogue?
I JUST got back to the office from a river dredging project. You should see all the extra shit they have to do for the EPA just to dig some mud out from a dam intake.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's disappointing to hear.

View attachment 483404
She looked a lot better naked than I was expecting from her earlier naked films and her recent butch lesbian aesthetic. Don't give up hope yet!

Related funny thing I saw: A censored version of 'Oppenheimer' has very different sex scenes — with a CGI covering placed over Florence Pugh's naked body

Nolan goes to great lengths to not use CGI for the bomb but has to resort to using it to cover her up for the incel countries, heh.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Just saw this last night. 10/10. Highly recommend it be watched with high quality sound.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Never heard of or seen that before.
Genuinely got upset after watching that.
Why?
Seems like a case of you get what you fucking deserve.

On 6 and 9 August 1945, the United States detonated two atomic bombs over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, respectively. The aerial bombings together killed between 129,000 and 226,000 people, most of whom were civilians, and remain the only use of nuclear weapons in an armed conflict.

There are no official numbers for the death toll in the Nanjing Massacre, though estimates range from 200,000 to 300,000 people. Soon after the end of the war, Matsui and his lieutenant Tani Hisao were tried and convicted for war crimes by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East—both men were soon executed.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

I know all about unit 731. That shit is fucked beyond belief as well. Plus a lot of them got away scott free in exchange for the medical data, which mostly ended up being useless due to the relatively unscientific way that stuff was carried out

The Imperial government during WW2 authorized and participated in all manner of evil and messed up stuff, and what their victims went through should make any reasonable person upset. That doesn’t mean you can’t still empathize with a bunch of innocent people getting blasted by an atomic weapon

Why?
Seems like a case of you get what you fucking deserve.

Coming from an edgelord who lacks empathy.

• 3Like
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users