Our Flag Means Death

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Our Flag Means Death

Genre: Comedy

Creator: David Jenkins

Cast: Rhys Darby, Taika Waititi, Kristian Nairn, Nathan Foad, Samson Kayo, Rory Kinnear, Con O'Neill, Vico Ortiz, Ewen Bremner, David Fane, Joel Fry, Guz Khan, Matthew Maher

Overview: Based loosely on the true adventures of Stede Bonnet, a pampered aristocrat who suffered a midlife crisis and abandoned his life of privilege to become a pirate in the early 18th century.

spronk

FPS noob

Black Sails is one of my favorite shows and I'll watch pretty much any pirate show.

Pros

- Rhys Darby is the lead and he's great in Jumanji, Flight of the Conchords, etc
- based on the real life character of Stede Bonnet, the nobleman who became a goofy ass incompetent pirate. Was on Black Sails as well I believe and most pirate books/games/etc (Assassins Creed 4)
- Hodor plays wee John

Cons

- Taika Waititi plays Blackbeard. wtf? C'mon. He sucks as an actor
- why the fuck is Leslie Jones in this, nobody wants or needs to see her goofy unfunny shtick
- filmed on set at WB Lots in LA (i saw the set on a recent tour), Black Sails was filmed in South Africa using real boats and shit. I don't think this is gonna look anywhere near as good

Premiering march 2022

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

But at 29, Bonnet experienced some kind of midlife crisis and decided to abandon his family and become a pirate, even though he had zero experience with ships and sailing. Apparently, he was fed up with his wife's nagging, or as one account put it, he became disillusioned with the "discomforts he found in a married state."

lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
First 3 episopes out. Not bad, Rhys Darby plays Rhys Darby. Hodor is in this which makes me laugh. So far decent, not outrageously funny or anything, but worth the time so far as they're only 1/2 hour episodes too.

Oldbased

> Than U
First 3 episopes out. Not bad, Rhys Darby plays Rhys Darby. Hodor is in this which makes me laugh. So far decent, not outrageously funny or anything, but worth the time so far as they're only 1/2 hour episodes too.
I wanted this British humor to be Monty Python of old. It's not. It tries to be, but it's not.
I ran all 3 episodes but never even looked up at screen 2 and 3 and at times even listening to it was grating.
I am bit disappoint.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
We got through the first three last night. I went in with high expectations due to Taika, I think that is why I feel let down. It was alright but didn't blow me away. Perhaps it will be a slow start and find its legs. Only have 30m episodes is a nice break at least.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The joke writing feels very very lazy. Especially for the New Zealand "crew" that has made so many great things. It's not far off from the over the top, not funny at all character Taika played in Free Guy

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Taika can do no wrong. Sold.

seinfeld-fake.gif

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I read the title as One Flag, and it made me think of the old 6-Flags commercial. I figured it was a documentary, like the Traction Park one (Action Park was a very dangerous park in New Jersey.)

spronk

FPS noob
i deleted it off my plex server after watching 2 episodes, everything looked cheap as fuck and it was not funny at all and you could tell they were going to gay it up, which is fine for pirates but they should be ugly brute prison gay not queer fairy gay

instead just go watch all 4 seasons of Black Sails, an infinitely better show that featured Ray Stevenson RIP as Blackbeard and had nice tits too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database