R-1258767-1244643269.jpeg.jpg

creed.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bill Burr knows what's up!

I totally agree with Bill's assessment of people acting like they all "knew" that Nevermind was going to change music. However, Ritual De Lo Habitual isn't really that great until Been Caught Stealing. After that it's a great album, but it's kinda "meh" until then.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love Morello on guitar, but he's also a retarded commie.

Yeah low IQ folks regularly say something like "how can you vote for Politician X if you like RATM"? The Dead Kennedys Facebook page was the worst on this. Uhh last I checked nobody rational literally acts out the lyrics of every song they like.

NWA is awesome but I do not condone gang violence and slapping hoes IRL. Eminem is cool but I do not condone locking women in car trunks. Let's not even start on death metal lyrics.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users
Anything Nirvana or Green Day. 100% subjective

Really? I don't know. Nirvana Nevermind and In Utero still are perfect to me, and I really wanted to not like Green Day, but Dookie could not be denied, so I made piece. I know you said %100 subjective, and of course. I'm just puzzled.

• 1Dislike

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I still think Tool aged the best out of the 90s. Still my favourite band. I’m ashamed I liked Limp Bizkit and Korn. God damn is Korn ever unlistenable and I religiously played their debut album in the mid 90s. Give them credit for creating a new gender but also credit them for the downfall of rock thanks to spawning all the garbage rock bands of the 00s.

I came here to post Korn. Freak on a leash was a good song but most of it is pretty tough to listen to.

After "Nothing's Shocking" I just didn't see the point. That is how I feel about SP too. Gish. All I need. Nothing's Shocking. All I need.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Overrated: Rage Against the Machine, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Flaming Lips

Underrated: Monster Magnet, Filter, Sneaker Pimps, Oasis, Kyuss

Nearly 100% with this. RAtM's riffs and what not are amazing, but yeah. Always have thought Radiohead was overrated, as someone who actually "likes" Radiohead. I'm sure they do some really cool things on the technical side, but I'm not a musician.

Kyuss is badass. Sneaker Pimps' sound is almost a perfect blend of that trip hop/dance-rock style. Oasis is probably only underrated in NA; in the UK they were practically the second coming of the Beatles, and they have an absolutely massive following in South America/Japan. Like everyone else I just tied them with their massive stadium anthem songs, until I heard "Fucking in the Bushes" and it was all over from there.

Overrated or not, I'd die for the music scene to return anything close to this. I never really listen to the radio, but if I do it's literally only Dojo Cat, Harry Styles, and Dua Lipa. Will guitar music ever be what it once was? :Mad PC:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So this means you are on record that Hootie and the Blow Fish kicked some major ass? Ok. Noted.
No one in the world has ever made that statement. Hootie was fine for what it was - just some chill folk rock music. As such, they're rated appropriately.

What was especially retarded was your comment about white people listening to Hootie and the Blowfish as "virtue signaling". Nobody was virtue signaling in 1994, and hardly anyone even realized that Darius Rucker was black when they came out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The stripper you really want to pull from the bar is the one who has The Teaches of Peaches on her set list. 100% guaranteed daddy issues.
I was not familiar with Peaches before this comment and I wish I still wasn't.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Will guitar music ever be what it once was? :Mad PC:

Not to change the subject, but what do you guitar guys think of Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit? He's more of a singer-songwriter type but he's got some great rock songs and I think both he and Sadler Vanden are great guitar players.

This is an older song that they often do as an encore because of the fun guitar duel. Not the most representative of the band but it shows off their guitar playing. Skip to 2:40 if you don't want to listen to the story about Mike Cooley lighting a fart on fire. Skip to 6:00 if you just want to hear the guitar playing.