Pacific Rim

Juvarisx

Florida
Yes I agree this movie had pimp (not in the that's pimp manner of speaking, btw who the fuck still says that ) robot voices, robots humping legs, blurry action that is hard to follow, Shea LeBeouf, the Pyramids blowng up (somehow), and Micheal Bay pretending he cares. Oh wait it had none of those things.

The only two things the two movies had in common was bad acting, which people are thinking is intentional because it seemed forced bad in Pacific Rim, and a throwaway plot. Least in Pacific Rim the Monsters and Mechs were interesting, unique and different from eachother in noticable ways, detailed, made you feel a sense of scale, while in Transformers you couldn't tell what the fuck was happening and which Transformer was who 3/4 of the time.

People go to see these movies to be entertained, the Transformers posters should have just been Micheal Bay giving us all the finger while shitting on our childhood. This movie entertained me, Transformers pissed me off.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Yes I agree this movie had pimp (not in the that's pimp manner of speaking, btw who the fuck still says that ) robot voices, robots humping legs, blurry action that is hard to follow, Shea LeBeouf, the Pyramids blowng up (somehow), and Micheal Bay pretending he cares. Oh wait it had none of those things.

The only two things the two movies had in common was bad acting, which people are thinking is intentional because it seemed forced bad in Pacific Rim, and a throwaway plot. Least in Pacific Rim the Monsters and Mechs were interesting, unique and different from eachother in noticable ways, detailed, made you feel a sense of scale, while in Transformers you couldn't tell what the fuck was happening and which Transformer was who 3/4 of the time.

People go to see these movies to be entertained, the Transformers posters should have just been Micheal Bay giving us all the finger while shitting on our childhood. This movie entertained me, Transformers pissed me off.
this

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Whys everybody try to use this movie to put down Transformers... It's the same fucken movie lmao
Saying

220px-Pacific_Rim_FilmPoster.jpeg
is the same as
220px-Transformers07.jpg

is like saying

220px-Dark_Knight.jpg
is the same as
220px-Batman_forever_ver7.jpg

or

220px-Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg
is the same as
Barneysgreatadventure.jpg

It's justdifferent

Cybsled

Was the Japan mech the one from the flashback maybe?

That little asian girl in the flash back scene was the best actor in the entire movie.
Lol, this is actually true. I actually even got a little emotional during that scene because she really seemed freaked out (although one wonders if she really was and it wasn't acting).

fucker_sl

shitlord
Was the Japan mech the one from the flashback maybe?

Lol, this is actually true. I actually even got a little emotional during that scene because she really seemed freaked out (although one wonders if she really was and it wasn't acting).
hmmm...probably yes. infact now im remembering that in the blueprints the japan mech is the only one piloted by 1 person and Elba's character was supposed to be the only one able to fight alone

i continue to say that if they removed 30 mins from the main characters and gave them to the china/russia it would have been much better

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I really have no interest in seeing a sequel to this as I think they have said everything they needed to say about the "end" of the Kaiju Crisis. HOWEVER, I would LOVE to see a movie about that whole opening montage. The first Kaiju coming through and getting taken down by nothing but tanks/planes/balls of steel. The Mk 1 Jaegers, why Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha are so badass, etc. Hell, Stacker talks about the Hong Kong base having 5 bays and 30 Jaegers, that would be awesome to see. Gipsy Danger apparently worked with other Jaegers in the past, and since we know there were no double events before the movie, that must mean there was some awesome 2 on 1 Jagers vs Kaiju tag team action. Hell they could make a tv show with different Jager stories/Kaiju every week and I'd tune in.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Like Dredd, the trailers for this movie really suppressed any desire to see it. Might go anyway given the positive reaction, but actually marketing a movie as "this is a brainless movie w/ no story where we are counting on males to want brainless action" is not a great way to get moviegoers imo. If I see it, it will be in spite of the marketing not because of it.

Caliane

hmmm...probably yes. infact now im remembering that in the blueprints the japan mech is the only one piloted by 1 person and Elba's character was supposed to be the only one able to fight alone

i continue to say that if they removed 30 mins from the main characters and gave them to the china/russia it would have been much better
yeah. im not sure on that.

The companion comic has him with a co-pilot.
She died of cancer from the radiation shortly before the movie starts.
The comic says he "piloted alone" when she passed out from the cancer during a fight. similar to surferbro piloting after his brother died.

But yes, Coyote Tango(the japanese/American mecj) was the one in the flashback.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
How did I miss the conversation where Stringer Bell becomes Stringer Heimdall?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It felt like Pacific Rim 2 to me. I want to see the first movie when they first come out and man kind decides to build kick ass robots. Could have some history between marshall black guy and eyepatch guy. Just seems all through the story that this is a sequel to a movie that we never saw.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It felt like Pacific Rim 2 to me. I want to see the first movie when they first come out and man kind decides to build kick ass robots. Could have some history between marshall black guy and eyepatch guy. Just seems all through the story that this is a sequel to a movie that we never saw.
No fuck Origin stories! I want to see them at their peak, bring on the super fast teleport combos and huge fucking cannons that blast away half the water they are shot near all Mako cannon style.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
During the opening I sat there grinning like an idiot but in between the title credits and the next action scene all that drizzled away. I really, really liked how it looked and the action. I hated the story, the acting, most of the characters, and those fucking scientists that have their own goddamn subplot. I want those comic relief scientists dead. I want their families dead. I want their homes burned to the ground.

I've not seen any of the Transformers films but if those are actually worse than this I don't even know what to say.