Pacific Rim

This movie kicked some serious ass. I completely forgot to check if they had a legal pad sized poster (like WWZ)to frame before leaving, am sad.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not surprised GU2 might beat it out. The first one made money somehow too. That said, it's not like this really was the best movie of the summer or anything either. It's basically what you expect (or seemed that way to me at least). Probably could have had more action and less weak story (just be sure to leave Pearlman scenes in always), but if you thought the idea behind the movie was cool you probably liked it. If you thought the idea was silly as fuck (me), you probably came out thinking "eh, decent action, not sad I spent my money on it, but nothing I'm going to tell people they HAVE to see".

I saw it in 3d but it wasn't IMAX, still pretty great. Some really nice scenes, with the 3d effect that I can only imagine would be even more amazing on a huge Imax screen. Worth the extra money.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Awful characters, awful plot, awful dialogue, awful pacing. Awesome CGI, awesome giant robots, awesome monsters, awesome effects.

You decide.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ending is pretty clear-cut but I'm really hoping for a sequel. Almost everything about the monsters and the ending is ripped straight out of

Independence Day
but who cares, it's awesome.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay so I finally saw this today. I have never been one to really comment about movies... but god damn. To me, this is one of those "perfect" movies. It doesn't try to do anything other than be a movie about beating the shit out of big ass monsters and saving the day. If you don't like it I honestly have no idea what to say.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Triangular_sl

shitlord
yeah
it was pretty good. it hit every note. i felt that "every conditions has been met." Instead of trying to shove down content, the story grasps at developing it before jumping to next scene and hope they stick in you... (i.e. Man of Steel).

pretty good.

I hope this movie does well...I've never felt like this in a long time for a movie.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Okay so I finally saw this today. I have never been one to really comment about movies... but god damn. To me, this is one of those "perfect" movies. It doesn't try to do anything other than be a movie about beating the shit out of big ass monsters and saving the day. If you don't like it I honestly have no idea what to say.
This.

Pacific Rim is nothing short of a masterpiece. Everything was perfect. I will buy the mega collector's edition on bluray and watch it a million times. It will be the movie I put on when I just want to have a good time.

My jaw was agape through out this epic bastard. Some of the scenes are just so insane, I wish there was a MiB red flashy thing that zapped me on the way out so I could relive the movie again and again for the first time.

Goddammit. This movie was so perfect it hurts.

Triangular_sl

shitlord
my dick was so fucking hard for the first 5 minutes. my eyes couldn't believe how awesome it was.
and then it got bigger in the hong kong.

then exploded with precum all over my popcorn during the final battle.

it was like watching anime
but with white people in it.

Vinen

God is dead
my dick was so fucking hard for the first 5 minutes. my eyes couldn't believe how awesome it was.

Best movie I've seen in years. Hands down-

Caliane

yeap. I am more excited to see it a second time, then I was the first.

So much fuel for world building and sequels too. holy shit. Kaiju death cults. Lovecraftian aliens. Aliens having a Jeager. Us having Kaiju body parts. and a black market. Drifting. They can go in any direction. (ps, Del Toro did already hint at mecha-Kaiju as the most likely) the close timeline 2025 required the Jeagers to stay more.. grounded. while a sequel could push forward. 2100, 2200. And go full anime or supermecha if they wanted. Capes, laser swords, flying, etc. Fusion! either is possible. keeping it grounded, or going nuts.
hell, since the Kaiju were based off animals. they could swap it up. Make the Jeagers based off animals for next gen.

check out the prequel comics too if you haven't.

Sulrn

Deuces
Walked in with my ex and her son expecting a Godzilla movie, walked out feeling good and having seen a Godzilla movie.

Sulrn

Deuces

You are what's wrong with society.

Juvarisx

Florida
People hating on this remind me of the people hating on The Expendables. I mean what did you honestly expect?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit was rad, but I missed the first minute or three while yelling at them to fix the GD screen. 3D was all fucked up.

Supposedly they started a script for a sequel a while ago, hope they get to make it. And like 20 more. I remember GDT said at one point he wanted it to be ongoing, like Godzilla.