Painkiller

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Painkiller

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2023-08-10

Cast: Uzo Aduba, Matthew Broderick, West Duchovny, Dina Shihabi, John Rothman, Taylor Kitsch, Ana Kayne, Tyler Ritter, John Ales, Sam Anderson, Carolina Bartczak, Jack Mulhern, Ron Lea

Overview: The causes and consequences of America's opioid epidemic unfold in this drama following its perpetrators, victims and an investigator seeking the truth.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Could they have ripped off Dopesick ANY more?

I watched Dopesick last winter and liked it enough to read the nonfiction book. I'm only one episode in and I get the story was going to be similar but I'm confused as to why it's a carbon copy with some dumb and loud mixed in? It's like the edited in a bunch of stock footage at different points to keep people's attention?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm on the last episode now and my advice for anyone is to just bail on it and watch Dopesick if you haven't.

it's a poor imitation.

Taylor Kitsch does his part well, as does West Duchovny (huh, I only just realized she was David Duchovny's daughter when I went to look up her name), but Edie and Sackler are way worse than their Dopesick versions.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Finished it. It's not good. They blew a sack of cash on music to try and compensate for mediocre storytelling.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database