Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
EDIT
Watching the Youtube video for a few minutes it has become obvious to me that Brad expects to be paid like a traditional employed developer yet have a chance at the success of a start up.... You really can't have it both ways. Would I personally love to start an IT consulting firm? Sure, but I also don't want to give up my consistent salary which is why I do shit on the side during my off time. I don't go off and beg for someone to give me a million dollars so I can build a business where I reap all the rewards and feel none of the failure.
This is a point I brought up before. Brad wants all the benefits of not answering to a publisher and also not splitting the profits but wants the risk to fall on someone else. It's really a brilliant plan if it works out for him.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
This is a point I brought up before. Brad wants all the benefits of not answering to a publisher and also not splitting the profits but wants the risk to fall on someone else. It's really a brilliant plan if it works out for him.
Yeah, it's crazy. Another thing that comes to mind is that he's not even remotely passionate. The only passion he has is for FUNDING. Not for gameplay. He's never like holy fuck this game is going to be awesome. He's always about funding. I'm not saying he should never talk about funding, but honestly the vibe I get from Brad is that he's aware of how much he would've made had he developed Everquest on his own instead of under Sony, so now he's trying to relive that experience only with him being on the super profitable side and at this point he just needs to learn that it isn't going to happen.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
With nothing left to lose the pantheon bloggers have taken the nuclear DDOS option against their ancient rivals, the ReRolled "Piss in your cornflakes" establishment.
Got to say, that was one of the first things I thought when the site was down yesterday.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This came from our undercover KTAM Radio agent.

KTAMRadio_sl said:
You people know nothing about us. None of you participate in any of our conversations, you all sit back playing the white knight which is why I have asked the Dev's to come out and tell their story. This was supposed to be a team effort, we are part of that team. In no way have I or Skatch abused our moderator status. We post, like anyone else. We do not close threads, edit anyones posts or any of the other things we have the power to do. It is also obvious none of you read. Just blind faith. Yet for the 3 of you with the wool over your eyes I am being thanked every day for our support of the greater community, people who see how you attack people who have reasoned and responsible comments and posts, trying to get you to think and asking the hard questions. You choose to ignore the evidence that is readily available. It is all here on the site, but none of you want to see it. There is something rotten in the state of Denmark. We are all investors. Some of us invested more than others. There is a reason why we are purples. We don't need to be, it is not going to change anything because the only thing it lets us do oranges can't is create events and we have been the only ones createing those for not just our shows.For those of you who think we are rerolled. You can go ask, go look, we have nothing to do with them. If you feel we are asking questions from rerolled maybe it is that these are common sense questions?We have no accounts there and we agree there is a lot of hate there. We don't hate anyone. I even support Brad in some areas and I support the Devs in others and I support the community most of all. Your blind faith in anything does not support the community. Like I have said. What If? But no one can answer that. None of you can accept that there is the possibility that what I have been putting out there IS the truth. Which is why I have asked the Dev's to come out and on K-TAM tomorrow night to tell you what they have been telling me and others. If they don't, then that's it. They too are leaving the community out to dry and we will wait and see what happens. I can tell you Tony has joined K-TAM as a member of our team and is working on havign his own show. If I am so wrong do you think that would happen? Go ask him yourself.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to say, that was one of the first things I thought when the site was down yesterday.
I think a decent amount of them are starting to see just how right a lot of the people here were.

I don't know the exact details since I wasnt there, but Silius jumped in chat yesterday and pretty much backed up what KTAM and I have been saying the last few days to some of the more avid Brad supporters. . I know a few people here think the Dev team were in on it, but I don't think they had a clue what was happening.. I don't know all the details yet, so I've been holding back really speaking on them as individuals, It's obvious guys like Tony are pretty pissed being that he down graded his position on the site in protest of all this. I'm sure people will look to pile it on, but at this point, I'd support the core devs in any game they end up going to. Overall they've been awesome and straight up with everything I've asked.

And Salty is very passionate about Pantheon in a browser..

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
WoW

vs EQ
You mean EQ 1 button combat vs WoW actually elaborated system? Ahhh okay, I see what you did there.
I loved EQ, but it was by far the easiest game to play of all, it was unforgiving about navigation, but combat? Combat was easy, I could box a bard and a cleric without issues in all the available content without any external software but EQwindows.

I feel trolled, but I had to reply.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually feel a little bad about getting all these hours of entertainment out of Brad/Pantheon for free
wink.png

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, there are only two communities that even realize the project existed. Rerolled and his pay-to-rimjob forums.

What gets me is how even the ktam guys are apparently using the word investors. Investors get paid back. What you are, and what you have always been, are contributors.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing that troubles me the most is, how in the world can brad NOT account and display how much and where the donated money is?

He was labeled a bad manager at vanguard, you think a man with any sense would at least be able to account for a measly $160k.
My 8 year old daughter is better with money.

Poor pledgers. Kind of funny but a bit sad.

kaxfenix

N00b
Seriously though.. Who and what game is the MAIN REASONS the Rerolled community is the way it is in the first place towards MMOs? After all this mess is done we are going to see a bunch of new jaded 2014/2015'ers popping up on rerolled..

iannis

Musty Nester
The thing that troubles me the most is, how in the world can brad NOT account and display how much and where the donated money is?

He was labeled a bad manager at vanguard, you think a man with any sense would at least be able to account for a measly $160k.
My 8 year old daughter is better with money.

Poor pledgers. Kind of funny but a bit sad.
I think we all realize that he can and that he won't, because the truth is worse than a lie. He is also under absolutely no obligation to reveal where it went, which is where thinking of themselves as "investors" is the exact point at which the stupid starts. Which is why Brad is clever enough to call them "apprentice developers". And why Brad was unable to find a man both wealthy enough and deluded enough to get gutted by something quite this asinine.

Junkie fuck.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This was a scam from the beginning and there's tons of evidence. The heavy investors were supposed to be part of the development. What part were they in? Brad said early that he wanted a crowd sourced game and now he supposedly didn't. $160,000 disappeared and only Brad knows where it went. The money went into Brad's personal PayPal account. That sounds fishy. Brad admits the money went into paying down bills while unemployed. Brad admits what happened and people seem to gloss over it. Brad paid his personal bills with game funding. Want to know where your money went? It paid Brad's personal bills while he was off fucking around on his motorcycle. It will be a genius plan if he gets into no trouble for his scheme.

I hope those idiots over at Pantheon donate everything they can and hopefully a bit more. Sometimes being poor is about lack of opportunity and other variables you can't control. Other times it's just because you are a moron. Take the morons money Brad. They don't want it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The dev team were paid, but not much from what I'm told. I'm wondering if they are crunching the numbers between each other and doing the math.. Also, in that last video Brad seemed to be confused by that 160k number. He never went into detail, but that isn't going to help his case. Why wait till then to question that number? It's been on the site the whole time.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Convo,

If Brad paid them all 10k then he kept about 50 based off his numbers. I doubt they all got 10k and maybe the numbers were false plants to make the project look better. The underlying theme is the 'game' has been built on lies from the beginning. I'm sure he feels that he deserves the lion's share of any money because it's his baby...even though he honestly never put any real work into it himself.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This isn't good business, plain and simple. I have no hate for Brad or his game but if he cannot see how this would not receive such negative criticism he's either delusional or could care less.

The line item list has been made a million times stating what went wrong and what could be done to improve this situation. They went on about their business and continued to make matters worse.

I don't feel sorry for them or their game at this point. People need not get riled up over others shedding a little light of reality. If you choose to ignore this situation then more power to you. I hope people do not give any more funds to this project. If the game is made it needs to be made just like anything else and let someone else assume the risk with some collateral.