Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah using the unity shit until real art assets come along isn't really the problem, it's just that the best thing in those screenshots is stuff they bought for $15. Everything substantial that I've seen has questionable association to Pantheon. Even their website background of the beautiful docks
5b9e696d9738a2680a369feaf9868eb0_large.jpg

iirc is just some shit one of the artists that got associated with the project created long before the project was conceptualized. From what I remember they have zero intent on making it part of their game.

HCwfvCX.jpg

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Another update today from Brad on official site:

Game update 6/27: Things are proceeding very well. We now have a world server running all of the time and two zone servers. And you can zone from an outdoor area into a dungeon/cave. The lore team is also hard at work on a world map. We've also started to code the windows tool that will allow game designers to create NPCs, items, encounter tables, quests, etc. I am very happy with the progress this team is making!

The character animations are MUCH better than as depicted in the last movie, but we still want to do a little tidying up. We should have another movie for you all by end of next week, hopefully sooner. In the meantime please enjoy a new bunch of screenshots showing both outdoors and the dungeon/cave.

NOTE: these were posted on this site earlier, but you can see higher resolution versions on our FB page -- please check them out!

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrot...type=1&theater
if you believe in something hard enough, can you actually convince yourself that it's real?

Beck_sl

shitlord
From what I understand Vhalen, Ben and Brad were the 3 full time people on the project. Everyone else had other incomes and didn't necessarily work on Pantheon every day.

Vhalen Started working with Brad back in August of last year.
Ben came on I think in mid-late December. About a month or so before the KS.

Ben was PR and advertising and got next to no direction from Brad and no budget. If not for Massively drinking in the Pantheon Kool-Aid I doubt anyone would have even paid any attention to Pantheon, they were the only ones posting the Press releases from what I could find.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
if they are remaking everquest, dont they need some kind of permission from sony? i mean i know they are changing the name, but at some point doesnt the zone layouts, classes and models start breaking the copyrights if its too close to eq?
I'm pretty sure they would legally be covered since this entire fucking project is clearly a parody.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if we could get her on the Pantheon design team. After all, she can do advanced algebra in her head.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
if you believe in something hard enough, can you actually convince yourself that it's real?
It's not so much belief as a shred of hope. The volunteer team has already produced more updates, on time, than the original development team (exception original lore team). My pledge is already there, and not going to be an idiot to beg for a refund as I knew 100% what I was originally signing up for - might as well cling on to the faint hope that it will be made, not like it's hurting at this point.

Also, to answer someone's question regarding the store unity character models after the animation update - they are in fact placeholders. Question was asked and answered today on the official site.