Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
From email this morning:

So this Friday, the 11th of March, tune in to twitch.tv/visionaryrealms at 4pm Pacific Standard Time to catch some of the crew at VR in game. You're going to see some never-before seen areas. You're going to see some combat. You're going to see some of the game's exciting exclusive features. And you're going to see it all live during one of our regular internal play sessions.
giphy.gif

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its a bold move, doing public streaming now. What will be far more interesting to me is the reaction here though. If they stream something that shows promise (taken in the context of it being pre-pre-alpha), will more than a select few here admit that the team is making progress? Or will we see more references to mozzarella sticks, "rocking", prescription med abuse, memes, etc...?

Either way, there will finally be something tangible to discuss in this thread!

Edit: This sounds more inflammatory than I meant it. Let me rephrase. For those of you not supportive of the project, what would you need to see in the stream to think the Pantheon team is actually making progress and the game might see the light of day? Or is that pretty much impossible for a pre-pre-alpha video that will almost certainly have clunky animations and limited functionality?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its a bold move, doing public streaming now. What will be far more interesting to me is the reaction here though. If they stream something that shows promise, will more than a select few here admit that the team is making progress? Or will we see more references to mozzarella sticks, "rocking", prescription med abuse, memes, etc...?

My prediction is that the detractors will continue to detract and the apologists will continue to apologize, and life will go on much the same as it was before.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
People gonna hate and fanboy no matter what. What else is there to do??
While it's true that Brad is extremely polarizing, there are a few people on the forum that don't fit either of those categories. I'll go ahead and predict most of those without serious bias will be generally underwhelmed, with the more optimistic among them saying things like, "Well, it's a good start..."

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Its a bold move, doing public streaming now. What will be far more interesting to me is the reaction here though. If they stream something that shows promise (taken in the context of it being pre-pre-alpha), will more than a select few here admit that the team is making progress? Or will we see more references to mozzarella sticks, "rocking", prescription med abuse, memes, etc...?

Edit: This sounds more inflammatory than I meant it. Let me rephrase. For those of you not supportive of the project, what would you need to see in the stream to think the Pantheon team is actually making progress and the game might see the light of day? Or is that pretty much impossible for a pre-pre-alpha video that will almost certainly have clunky animations and limited functionality?
Honestly, they would have to show more around the feature sets that they have promised for launch. And if animations are clunky, which is what they said they were working on the last few months which is why they aren't showing anything yet, that would be a good baseline of progress.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, they would have to show more around the feature sets that they have promised for launch. And if animations are clunky, which is what they said they were working on the last few months which is why they aren't showing anything yet, that would be a good baseline of progress.
The newsletter said that they would be showcasing some pantheon specific stuff so it will be interesting to see what that is and how it lines up with The Pantheon Difference (TM). As for animations, I really hope some progress has been made there. I don't expect the animations and models to be release ready, but they better be beyond that super slo-mo stabbing animation that was in their old gameplay videos!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The newsletter said that they would be showcasing some pantheon specific stuff so it will be interesting to see what that is and how it lines up with The Pantheon Difference (TM). As for animations, I really hope some progress has been made there. I don't expect the animations and models to be release ready, but they better be beyond that super slo-mo stabbing animation that was in their old gameplay videos!
Yeah the latter is what I was referring to as a baseline of progress. If you see the same animations as you did then, you can rest fairly assured that these guys are all full of shit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the latter is what I was referring to as a baseline of progress. If you see the same animations as you did then, you can rest fairly assured that these guys are all full of shit.
This makes no sense. They could show progress in other areas. Why would animations alone mean they are full of shit?