Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
RBG dropped off trash mobs in Seb....

The drop rate on an RBG from Seb trash is about 0.001%. You could certainly get extremely lucky and get one in the first week but it is hardly a good example of a typical gear upgrade.

What is revisionist exactly?

Revisionist in this context means you are distorting history so it appears to make your argument more convincing.

1 person gets it. Out of like 500 replies. GG FoH.

I agree with his statement as well, but it appears you are a bit misinformed about the reality of the gear progression in early EQ. EQ is one of the few games that actually does maintain some value for items between expansions. Take a look at the best-in-slot list for any class and you will find many classic pieces that are still BiS(or very close to the point that they still retain value) in Kunark. I'll use enchanter as an example:
Head: Platinum Tiara or Planar helm
Face: Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch (BiS if you still need int)
Back: White Dragonscale Cloak
Sleeves: Planar arms
Bracer: Quiescence(PoSky)
Finger: Djarn's ring
Belt: Bone-clasped girdle
Feet: GEBS
Secondary: Roykl's channeling crystal

Additionally, almost every other slot has an item in classic that may not be BiS, but is comparable to the point it is not obsolete. I always thought it was a pretty standard consensus that the itemization in Kunark was pretty bad to the point that LOTS of classic gear remained relevant, especially for casters who didn't even get any armor sets.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So this. I can remember when I got my first Mino axe. Ykesha, Dwarven Work Boots, FBSS, CoF, Primal, Robe of the Magi, Robe of the Oracle... and can remember exact spawn locations and camps. Amazing. It's been damn near 20 years since that game launched and I remember all of those.

I do not remember one item from WoW :( I do remember a couple great zones though/story quest areas. But nothing like I did with EQ.

WoW was successful in some aspects with memorable items.

hqdefault.jpg
azzinoth.jpg

fc1de4b5604f445fab731d36cbee9b0c82f1c0cf_hq.jpg

I think both models have a place with memorable shit items and the holy grails.

Also look at the fucking item stat inflation between expansions, holy shit!

Last edited:

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Additionally, almost every other slot has an item in classic that may not be BiS, but is comparable to the point it is not obsolete. I always thought it was a pretty standard consensus that the itemization in Kunark was pretty bad to the point that LOTS of classic gear remained relevant, especially for casters who didn't even get any armor sets.

This is 100% correct.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I am happy with lots of games. I was also happy with EQ but it could have been better. Same goes for Vanguard. I am one of the only people here who had fun with Vanguard. You need to try harder to not be such a dimwit.

RBG dropped off trash mobs in Seb....

What is revisionist exactly?

Nobody said you could. But you could kill trash in Seb and get an RBG, and trash in Karnor and get all kinds of upgrades, even from planar gear. Same goes for lots of places.

BS

1 person gets it. Out of like 500 replies. GG FoH.

Link me better arms for a wizard than Carmine in Kunark.

Link me better gloves than Carmine gloves that aren't the 1% from a raid mob (VS gloves).

Even if you could they wouldn't drop from a hey go kill 10 drolvargs quest.

RBG isn't more haste than Runed Bolster Belt and it's extremely rare. Even then most classes can't solo the mob that drops it (especially the ones that would want it) and zone required a key to get into. Even more brutal is that seb keys weren't soul bound to start. That zone for a lot of Kunark was dangerous as fuck considering what a death meant.

WoW's version of upgrading this belt was hey welcome to the 2nd quest hub of the expansion kill a few trivial as shit mobs for it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
holy fuck.

I was going over Qwertys responses and I would make a note to correct him on something but then every new post he would fill it up with more straight up fantasies.

You have some straight up delusions on how EQ worked.

Just because an item technically exists that is an upgrade does not mean the item it upgrades is worthless.

Saying a FBSS is worthless because a .0001% trash drop from inside a level 60 dungeon that is blocked by a keyquest that wasnt even working at launch is better is like saying the steak i'm eating for dinner is worthless because eventually I'll fly to france and eat at a four star restaurant.

You know what everyone was doing on day 1 of Kunark? Chain dying because of the zone crashes.

On a serious note Q qwertyqweqwertwqert I think you have Autism like 100% serious you are autistic and your handler should remove you from the internet before you Elliot Rodgers someone.

Fuck you.

• 9Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yep. I remember clearly basically fighting zone in trash at KC, but even then, people were STILL camping the crap out of Lower Guk because the XP was better. (More kills, faster kills)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I bet qwerty didn't even have a 3 digit Magelo number.

• 2Like
And to Kudos's point, you weren't killing trash mobs in Seb within the first week of Kunark's launch. And Seb was also gated with a key quest which was purposely bugged for the first month because itemization wasn't finished - Forager's spawn table was broken. This was also before some of the loot table was transferred to VP.
A bug doesn't save it from being bad design.... And besides Seb there was plenty of other stuff that proves my point. Bandwagon harder.

We get it.
Clearly you don't, the endless idiotic replies prove that.

It is just that not all of us go about trying to make our point by telling lies and using ludicrous examples.
Show me one lie or ludicrous example, you raging faggot.

Even when you are right, you are wrong. You god damn moron.
I am always right, and the annoys you and you desperately try to rage against it, but you aren't smart enough to pull it off.

The drop rate on an RBG from Seb trash is about 0.001%. You could certainly get extremely lucky and get one in the first week but it is hardly a good example of a typical gear upgrade.
It is no way near 0.001%, there were also thousands of players hitting that dungeon hard. Your points are irrelevant.

Revisionist in this context means you are distorting history so it appears to make your argument more convincing.
I know what revisionist means you halfwit, I am asking for him to justify calling it revisionist when none of it is.

EQ is one of the few games that actually does maintain some value for items between expansions.
Not well enough. All they cared about was pumping out expansions in an arms race with themselves.

and you will find many classic pieces that are still BiS(or very close to the point that they still retain value) in Kunark. I'll use enchanter as an example:
Some classes had a few good pieces from fear/hate but most of it was trash. A lot of it wasn't even designed properly and had wrong stats, Cleric gear with INT, and Wiz gear at least 3 items with no int and instead have str and agi, dex etc...

Head: Platinum Tiara or Planar helm
Face: Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch (BiS if you still need int)
Back: White Dragonscale Cloak
Sleeves: Planar arms
Bracer: Quiescence(PoSky)
Finger: Djarn's ring
Belt: Bone-clasped girdle
Feet: GEBS
Secondary: Roykl's channeling crystal
There were a few things that were still good in Kunark but most of that list was replaced fast. The chardok quest ring was much better than Djarns. The Eyepatch was no good because all it had was INT which diminished after 200, and everyone was beyond 200 even before Kunark. You could upgrade it with Chardok trash like the tattered veil that would give more mana overall, and other useful stats. Insignia Protector is way better than Rokyl's, especially for an ench. The best caster wrist was from trash dogs in Karnor. Only the ench would want the sky bracer, everyone else just used golden. GEBS were useless in kunark because all they had was INT when top gear casters were nearing 300 int at that point.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user
Link me better arms for a wizard than Carmine in Kunark.

Link me better gloves than Carmine gloves that aren't the 1% from a raid mob (VS gloves).
VS gloves are WAY better you dumbass, and he was easier to raid than fear ever was at level 50... You killed your own point. The sleeves were a dumb point too, they are basically the same stats as Loam trash that dropped by the bucket full in The Hole. And Int was pointless at that point anyway.

RBG isn't more haste than Runed Bolster Belt
So what? Nobody ever said it was. It is better than FBSS which was the point.
and it's extremely rare.
So what?

Even then most classes can't solo the mob that drops it And nobody could solo (especially the ones that would want it) and zone required a key to get into. Even more brutal is that seb keys weren't soul bound to start. That zone for a lot of Kunark was dangerous as fuck considering what a death meant.
Who cares? The point is you could upgrade raid gear that was hard to get and took ages, with basic gear from a basic group dungeon. Why are you trying to defend this shit? Get some standards.

Saying a FBSS is worthless because a .0001% trash drop from inside a level 60 dungeon that is blocked by a keyquest that wasnt even working at launch is better is like saying the steak i'm eating for dinner is worthless because eventually I'll fly to france and eat at a four star restaurant.
Talks about delusions... pulls shit like this out his ass. It isn't a level 60 dungeon, you could go there at 50, and kill that mob and get that belt.

you have Autism like 100% serious you are autistic and your handler should remove you from the internet before you Elliot Rodgers someone.
Fuck you.
Talks about autism, rages at someone on the internet for proving a point.

That doesn't even make any sense.

Again, GG FoH fuckwits.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd love to see how qwerty goes through his day to day life. Always being the dumbest motherfucker in the room yet somehow convinced everyone else are the dumb ones.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
VS gloves are WAY better you dumbass, and he was easier to raid than fear ever was at level 50... You killed your own point. The sleeves were a dumb point too, they are basically the same stats as Loam trash that dropped by the bucket full in The Hole. And Int was pointless at that point anyway.

You realize those VS gaunts are so rare that they never even dropped on a lot of servers during Kunark right?

How are we comparing that to someone who needs help with some demonic looking boars on their farm replacing an item like that again?

The RBB is a raid item from vanilla, and it is not replaced by the RBG. That's where I'm at with all this still.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You realize those VS gaunts are so rare that they never even dropped on a lot of servers during Kunark right?

How are we comparing that to someone who needs help with some demonic looking boars on their farm replacing an item like that again?

Yeah he's a troll or has never played EQ.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not that I care very much about this back and forth discussion, but the Hole wasnt out during the release of Kunark. Items that are being talked about werent widely known about until at least a month into the expansion. The amount of people that hit 60 within the first week or two of Kunark was a very small group of people. The amount of people that were in Sebilis (after the key quest was fixed - which to be clear, wasnt in at release) was a very small group of people as well. But enough of that -

Have they even said anything about how itemization is going to be handled in pantheon?